Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][STACK] RealStackCoin | No IPCO | Fast Decrease | Launch Soon!  (Read 13620 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:15:05 AM

What about people that will not claim their stake, what will be done with those stakes?

Anyone who does not even attempt a claim or unable to prove his undeniable ownership or control of the coins for 10 weeks ... I think that's a reasonable amount of time. But to be truly fair, it should be held in public escrow until the end of the year. Most should have made a claim then. If you have not yet, then maybe you are in a coma or something, sorry.

I propose or suggest the following:

1. One week announce time before going live, meaning one week the wallets are ready in zips with password.
2. One week 1.0 RSC block reward.

Those two combined above will give everyone more than enough time to grab the wallet, set up pools, miners, etc. Everything will be as fair as possible, for the miners anyway. Those who get really early get to test their systems.

Everyone who is mining by the 10,000th block starts receiving the "real" reward, at the correct fork or blockchain, at the appropriate difficulty level.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:10:20 AM

1. One week announce time before going live, meaning one week the wallets are ready in zips with password.
2. One week 1.0 RSC block reward.

Those two combined above will give everyone more than enough time to grab the wallet, set up pools, miners, etc. Everything will be as fair as possible, for the miners anyway. Those who get really early get to test their systems.

Everyone who is mining by the 10,000th block starts receiving the "real" reward, at the correct fork or blockchain, at the appropriate difficulty level.

Okay, sounds good..

Actually i realized that rogue miner exposed a real bug.. KGW not implemented properly right now.  It went from 300->1700 blocks in 5 hours, that should not have happened.  So some more work i need to do to get KGW properly done.  If KGW properly implemented, we probably just need block 2500 to start giving out rewards (should be 4 days).

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:28:29 AM

I'm patient. 4 days, 7 days, ... as long as it is properly implemented. We wouldn't want 500 mh/s to kill the coin 2 weeks after launch. We will have a healthy coin by the time it reaches 1 GH/s.

micryon

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 05:23:56 AM

I'm patient. 4 days, 7 days, ... as long as it is properly implemented. We wouldn't want 500 mh/s to kill the coin 2 weeks after launch. We will have a healthy coin by the time it reaches 1 GH/s.

Yes, gotta test this more.. but yeah KGW working beautifully now Smiley

dailyarsenal

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

To The Moon!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:39:01 AM

Can you tell me how the claim process will work? I sent .2 BTC to the scammer and was wondering when I should provide my transaction details.

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:55:52 AM

Can you tell me how the claim process will work? I sent .2 BTC to the scammer and was wondering when I should provide my transaction details.
I'm guessing you should try this, in this priority:

1. sign a bitcoin message using any of the bitcoin addresses you used to send.
2. be the first to claim the transaction id with detailed explanation why you dont have the private key (sent from an exchange, mining pool, your friend's wallet, or android wallet that drowned in the pacific ocean with video proof or something else.)
3. if the #2 above is true, maybe somewhere in the blockchain, you have one address that led to that address, or some way to trace the flow of coins from a bitcoin address you do control.

If you can do #1, then your claim can easily be verified.

The exact details or instructions will be provided.

micryon

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:32:16 AM

Still taking volunteers on putting together that process btw.. Smiley

The basic premise will be: prove you owned the transaction address that sent coins to the scammer address.

1) method 1 as mentioned above: sure bet.. You do this, its yours  (btw someone needs to post instructions on how to do this completely)

2) if sent from exchange/or somewhere else, we'll need you to verify you have control of that wallet address by sending a small amount using that address you sent to scammer to specific BTC address (tbd).  This amount will be returned to the sender's address upon reception and verification, but it shows you owned control of original sending address.

3) Just lay claim to one of the original scam transaction publically: and if no one else claims it.. in let's say 2 weeks.  Its yours.  This will give hopefully enough time for any claim collisions to be resolved.  Claims will be all publicly broadcasted.. so if anyone wants to contest, they can.  In the event of a contest.  Resort to method #2)

dailyarsenal

To The Moon!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:33:25 AM

I'm guessing you should try this, in this priority:

1. sign a bitcoin message using any of the bitcoin addresses you used to send.
2. be the first to claim the transaction id with detailed explanation why you dont have the private key (sent from an exchange, mining pool, your friend's wallet, or android wallet that drowned in the pacific ocean with video proof or something else.)
3. if the #2 above is true, maybe somewhere in the blockchain, you have one address that led to that address, or some way to trace the flow of coins from a bitcoin address you do control.

If you can do #1, then your claim can easily be verified.

What if it was sent from Coinbase where they generate a new wallet address each time you send. I can provide a screenshot of the list of wallets I have generated from my account. Would that work?

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
micryon

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 06:40:09 AM

UPDATE: I'm in final testing now.  Will give a day of test mining / transactions between some colleagues in our intranet (took it off seed nodes because ppl were trying to premine this).

Launch process remaining:

<Testing started on intranet (behind firewall)>
Send out alpha clients to other team members for testing
Fix DNS server to point to 4 seed servers.
Webpage: deploy webpage

<fix any bugs found>

<Final deployment phase>
Wipe DB
Change timestamp, Regenerate Genesis Hash
Build linux daemons and start mining
Mine to block 200
Modify locally: checkpoints.cpp up to 200 blocks  (without checking it in)
Final Build Windows QT + Daemon
Final Build OSX/Linux QT
Final build Ubuntu daemon
Upload all builds to webserver.  Also replicate onto mega.
Deploy on VPS seed nodes, and sync network from behind intranet.

Post/Announce new ANN thread on bitcointalk (i will do this personally)
Push final genesis hash changes to github

Also I decided not to reuse the scammer's webpage as .. i read it and man it sounds just too sleazy..

CtrlAltDefeated

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:14:10 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 07:35:49 AM by CtrlAltDefeated

UPDATE: I'm in final testing now.  Will give a day of test mining / transactions between some colleagues in our intranet (took it off seed nodes because ppl were trying to premine this).

Launch process remaining:

<Testing started on intranet (behind firewall)>
Send out alpha clients to other team members for testing
Fix DNS server to point to 4 seed servers.
Webpage: deploy webpage

<fix any bugs found>

<Final deployment phase>
Wipe DB
Change timestamp, Regenerate Genesis Hash
Build linux daemons and start mining
Mine to block 200
Modify locally: checkpoints.cpp up to 200 blocks  (without checking it in)
Final Build Windows QT + Daemon
Final Build OSX/Linux QT
Final build Ubuntu daemon
Upload all builds to webserver.  Also replicate onto mega.
Deploy on VPS seed nodes, and sync network from behind intranet.

Post/Announce new ANN thread on bitcointalk (i will do this personally)
Push final genesis hash changes to github

Also I decided not to reuse the scammer's webpage as .. i read it and man it sounds just too sleazy..

Happy to host a pool when the time comes. Not sure I'll be around for launch...Depends what time it is here in my part of the world Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:42:59 AM

Happy to host a pool when the time comes. Not sure I'll be around for launch.

Open it for pre-registration or something. I suggested a one week low reward transition "fairness" period for the difficulty to stabilize, while everyone gets mining. This can be as short as 4 days. Depends on the dev.

What if it was sent from Coinbase where they generate a new wallet address each time you send. I can provide a screenshot of the list of wallets I have generated from my account. Would that work?

That could work; but we all know screenshots can be photoshop.

Or you could loan a trusted member or escrow your login details, so he can verify your claim, then you change your password after that. If you do this, I suggest you empty your Coinbase wallet, so there is no chance of coin theft.

I would be willing to do this for free. Tips appreciated. If you have 2FA on your webwallet, either you turn it off, OR if you can catch me online when both of us are awake, do a real time chat and message me your auth code.

An alternative is to allow the trusted member or escrow access to your email. The scammer sent you a confirmation message right? Do NOT forward the email. Forwarded emails are easier to forge than to photoshop a fake wallet. I have no interest in your private emails, I get enough spam on my own.

The basic premise will be: prove you owned the transaction address that sent coins to the scammer address.

1) method 1 as mentioned above: sure bet.. You do this, its yours  (btw someone needs to post instructions on how to do this completely)

2) if sent from exchange/or somewhere else, we'll need you to verify you have control of that wallet address by sending a small amount using that address you sent to scammer to specific BTC address (tbd).  This amount will be returned to the sender's address upon reception and verification, but it shows you owned control of original sending address.

3) Just lay claim to one of the original scam transaction publically: and if no one else claims it.. in let's say 2 weeks.  Its yours.  This will give hopefully enough time for any claim collisions to be resolved.  Claims will be all publicly broadcasted.. so if anyone wants to contest, they can.  In the event of a contest.  Resort to method #2)

Okay, if no one else does it, I'll make a post, but there are many tutorials all over this forum and on the interwebz on how to sign a bitcoin message. I will suggest the message be simple: contains your user name or email address, your investor ID number, and exactly what you sent.

I do think #3 should be longer than 2 weeks. What if someone comes over here 3 weeks later, and shows a signed message? He just lost his coins to someone else who claimed it. I understand 1 year is too far away, but that's for unclaimed RSC. Claimed RSC without signed messages, maybe 4 weeks or 1 month. If someone else claims the same investor ID number, then it's dispute resolution time. The one who shows the best looking proof will get the claim.

dailyarsenal

To The Moon!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:51:31 AM

Open it for pre-registration or something. I suggested a one week low reward transition "fairness" period for the difficulty to stabilize, while everyone gets mining. This can be as short as 4 days. Depends on the dev.

Or you could loan a trusted member or escrow your login details, so he can verify your claim, then you change your password after that. If you do this, I suggest you empty your Coinbase wallet, so there is no chance of coin theft.

I would be willing to do this for free. Tips appreciated. If you have 2FA on your webwallet, either you turn it off, OR if you can catch me online when both of us are awake, do a real time chat and message me your auth code.

An alternative is to allow the trusted member or escrow access to your email. The scammer sent you a confirmation message right? Do NOT forward the email. Forwarded emails are easier to forge than to photoshop a fake wallet. I have no interest in your private emails, I get enough spam on my own.

1) method 1 as mentioned above: sure bet.. You do this, its yours  (btw someone needs to post instructions on how to do this completely)

2) if sent from exchange/or somewhere else, we'll need you to verify you have control of that wallet address by sending a small amount using that address you sent to scammer to specific BTC address (tbd).  This amount will be returned to the sender's address upon reception and verification, but it shows you owned control of original sending address.

3) Just lay claim to one of the original scam transaction publically: and if no one else claims it.. in let's say 2 weeks.  Its yours.  This will give hopefully enough time for any claim collisions to be resolved.  Claims will be all publicly broadcasted.. so if anyone wants to contest, they can.  In the event of a contest.  Resort to method #2)

Okay, if no one else does it, I'll make a post, but there are many tutorials all over this forum and on the interwebz on how to sign a bitcoin message. I will suggest the message be simple: contains your user name or email address, your investor ID number, and exactly what you sent.

I do think #3 should be longer than 2 weeks. What if someone comes over here 3 weeks later, and shows a signed message? He just lost his coins to someone else who claimed it. I understand 1 year is too far away, but that's for unclaimed RSC. Claimed RSC without signed messages, maybe 4 weeks or 1 month. If someone else claims the same investor ID number, then it's dispute resolution time. The one who shows the best looking proof will get the claim.

I never got a confirmation email. I can provide you access to my coinbase account but how can I be sure purchases are not made since it's a direct link to my bank account? Not saying I don't trust you I just want to be careful. I just sent  you  PM

CtrlAltDefeated

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:00:29 AM

Stackcoin CtrlAltDefeated Mining Pool
Payout: Prop
Vardiff
Stratum
https://i.imgur.com/YBCJ8pL.png
No Fees for the first 24 hours!
Pre-registration open!
dailyarsenal

To The Moon!

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:05:14 AM

Or even better. i have the email sent by Coinbase of the transaction details. I can forward that to whomever is handling claims. Cheesy

micryon

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:28:11 AM

Sure let's do 4 weeks then.

Ziploc

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:34:13 AM

For the coinbase and other accounts...without giving a direct acces to verify...you can always setup a "viewing" session trough tools like logmein or teamviewer....

you would just have to be online when the OP or someone from his team is online and available..

@OP....it's amazing how much can be done in such a short period of time..
I was never thinking that creating a coin, by someone who knows what is doing can be as fast as this....
Anw, thx again for all the efforts
axismundi

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 10:10:43 AM

Yes, gotta test this more.. but yeah KGW working beautifully now Smiley

This is a great way to launch a coin

miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:23:30 AM

Well done job.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:25:53 AM

Hi, I'm pretty sure I won't be available at the same time for most of you guys. So if you know GPG, send me an encrypted email or encrypted PM. My time zone is UTC+8, and even if I am online, I'm in the office and can't really do non-office work, as the boss would notice, so that leaves me with validating any claims during my lunch break.

micryon

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:42:41 AM

UPDATE: realstackcoin-seeder is now up and running as DNS.. so will make it easier to work out of the box. No addnode conf file crap to worry about Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: