Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][STACK] RealStackCoin | No IPCO | Fast Decrease | Launch Soon!  (Read 13620 times)
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

With that kind of premine.. honestly does this surprise anyone that this happened?  The temptation is just too strong to unload so much of the coin.  Coins like this , it's all about the greed.. pump and dump.. boiler room stuff.

But hey, that's fine as long as you realize it.. I mined panda too, made some good money first 2 days.  Dumped, and got out.  Just have to know when to get out.

0 premine coins , like VTC is where the real hope/long term potential is.

let me emphasize.... 0 premine coins , like VTC is where the real hope/long term potential is.    your words ..not mine

Have you changed your opinion...? Or are you trying to pull a fast one?

I´m sorry but something smells fishy in here!

I have not changed my opinion.. in general I still don't believe in premine coins.  I support VTC 100%.. still do (see my sig, it's VTC all the way).

But I also do support the alt crypto community.  And I've always kept my promises.  

The promise for this coin is to distribute fairly 100% of premine to all victims of the original stackcoin scam.  

In that sense, its no less fishy than if Stackcoin had launched as originally planned.. which is exactly what i'm offering.. I'm not offering making this the next big thing like VTC or any of the sort.. this is not the coin that will take over bitcoins or whatever.

This effort is purely about giving people what they paid for.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AGroff

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Hi, I'm one of the investors and I agree with kevinkk525, if this coin is released just to compensate the investors it's doomed from the start as we can't create any tangible value this way.
Maybe at least make a fund from a part of the investors share and use it to promote the coin or to do some real development (maybe deliver some of originally promised innovations).
Even that maybe not enough, we need incentive for the community to invest in this, for the miners to put their hash on, and I don't think it's there (Yet?).
micryon

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 07:22:57 PM

yes yes that is excatly what i tried to tell you.
after the "compensation" we could also use that sidemined coins to help people outside of bitcoin in the "real world" and make the coin/bitcoin more popular! Imagine bitcoin in media as helping people in trouble, for example after a catastrophe! the acceptance and popularity of bitcoin would raise to the "moon". just think of it. we do not need to hurry and get the coin released now.. we have to do something brilliant and new.

While i think it's a great idea to make a new coin, and make something new and great..  that is a much bigger effort.

I don't want to make any fake promises, and I want to be 100% transparent: I looked at this coin after the whole scam drama, and knew I could deliver almost 100% of it.. because it is what it is: a pretty simple clone coin.  

A new effort that is the next big thing than sliced bread.. i'll probably need a lot more help.. and will likely be a future project.

There's many people (especially original investors) who are signed up to promote it. And sure I'll keep developing features on it if there's interest.

People can argue: why waste time, another clone shitcoin etc.. but that's fine: it's my time to waste.  If it's doomed for fail, then just ignore this thread and don't claim your coins (no skin off my back).  That risk could have be there had stackcoin really launched as planned.

kevinkk525

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:26:55 PM

i tried to give some good ideas for an innovative coins but obviously they just get ignored.. even critical comments are better than none.
and by the way: we won't compensate anything, if we do it with premine and without innovation. STACKCOIN was only that popular because of the wallet improvements.
launch a new coin without that innovation and it will fail. there would be no difference to every other scamcoin. so let us use the know-how of the good people here and create an awesome new coin!
Wrecked (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Currently Mining At 1.2 MH/s!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

i tried to give some good ideas for an innovative coins but obviously they just get ignored.. even critical comments are better than none.
and by the way: we won't compensate anything, if we do it with premine and without innovation. STACKCOIN was only that popular because of the wallet improvements.
launch a new coin without that innovation and it will fail. there would be no difference to every other scamcoin. so let us use the know-how of the good people here and create an awesome new coin!

Well, we could try to make some of the wallet innovations, but it might take longer than we expect.
micryon

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 07:38:51 PM

Didn't ignore it.. i heard what you were saying.

But we need to get started somewhere.  And that is by first launching the base network of the coin. (which is effectively done at this point).

The wallet innovations can come after.  The coin never promised any changes in the base protocol, or hash algo (which is good because that would have been a lot more work).

Some wallet UI stuff calling some rest APIs is trivial stuff once we get going... but better to get going now with what we can and innovate over time.

Took a look at it the original thread again, the wallet "innovations" are pretty easy.. the only hard part is getting this on an exchange, hopefully some of the people promoting this will do that.  Once it's on a decent exchange with APIs.. it'll just be a matter of making some pretty looking (or in this case they aren't even pretty) buttons that call some REST Apis...

This scammer could have made out with a lot more if he just actually went about and launched this coin as promised.. he did all the work to promote it... got it on pools.  All the tech stuff is pretty trivial.

kevinkk525

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:02:14 PM

ok that would be the basics. but we could do more now that we have the people to do so... when will a project get that much support from community and devs?
in my opinion we have the best opportunity to create an innovative coin that is above all normal coins.

but of course that means that we need more ressources and so on...
it would be sad to release a coin without much difference but if it is not wanted that is ok then.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:15:46 PM

5% premine
paul09

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:20:41 PM

5% premine

Yep. Those who were scammed, I definitely feel bad for them, but at the end of the day investing in a coin IPO is extremely risky and they chose to take that risk.

5% premine is absolutely outrageous, so I won't be mining it.
kevinkk525

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:24:27 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 08:39:57 PM by kevinkk525

that is why i recommend the "sidemining" option but of course that means a lot more work... but a 5% premined coin will fail as soon as the investors dumped them. and even if they do not dump them, not many will mine them because of the 5% premine except we get some innovations... so difficult because no miner will read everything here except the 5% premine... :/
Wrecked (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:30:47 PM

5% premine

Did you even read the thread?
paul09

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:45:26 PM

5% premine

Did you even read the thread?

I did read the thread, and the 5% premine will destroy this coin, it will ensure it never gains any real value and is too risky to invest or mine because there are heaps of investors holding premine that is a far greater quantity than any miners will be able to mine.

Perhaps a 0.5% premine would be more acceptable, then the premine holders would at least have to work to give the coin value because they'd be holding less. With 5% premine this will never be profitable for miners so hardly anyone will bother mining it.

I'm a miner and I won't be touching something with such an outrageous premine and a bunch of investors who have just been burned and will be hungry to dump their outrageously large premine ASAP for profit.
micryon

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

I'm a miner and I won't be touching something with such an outrageous premine and a bunch of investors who have just been burned and will be hungry to dump their outrageously large premine ASAP for profit.

That's a fine opinion.. but i don't think you would have touched it if it was originally launched at a 5% premine anyhow..

Goal of this project is to launch as was originally planned, with whatever is the original outcome (+/-good or bad publicity due to the scam)..

Hey we can turn this into something positive or not.. I'd rather think we can turn it into something positive.

Djentriser

Activity: 223

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:08:31 PM

Would it be possible to distribute premine between the investors partially-in longer time period, so it wont be probable that they could crash the market, Im sure we can do something with premine to lower the risk of dumping.

micryon

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 09:20:50 PM

Would it be possible to distribute premine between the investors partially-in longer time period, so it wont be probable that they could crash the market, Im sure we can do something with premine to lower the risk of dumping.

I think the somewhat manual process of verification of premine and the distribution will implicitly make that happen anyhow.  Some will claim premine first, others will take awhile..

eatrader

Activity: 182

The Crypto Analyst

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 09:26:52 PM

I am investor #147.

Have gameplan:

100% Premine.

Dev gets 20% for stepping up to help.  

20% goes to the the investors of Stackcoin. (In Proportion to initial stake)

60% held in escrow for bounties for further development of the coin.  I am not a pro at what is needed but what I see:

1.Website
2. New Logo
3. New Name
4. Tipper Applications for Twitter, Reddit and any other social network worth it.

I know I am missing alot of possibilities but this sets the foundation for a coin that is a true Community Chest.

luuupooo

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:19:55 PM

Hey micryon,

i followed the whole tread and there is of course some critisism, but after all it is amazing of you trying to help with such effort all those people who got scamed( me too).
so just wanted to say thank you!!
Wrecked (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:24:19 PM

I am investor #147.

Have gameplan:

100% Premine.

Dev gets 20% for stepping up to help. 

20% goes to the the investors of Stackcoin. (In Proportion to initial stake)

60% held in escrow for bounties for further development of the coin.  I am not a pro at what is needed but what I see:

1.Website
2. New Logo
3. New Name
4. Tipper Applications for Twitter, Reddit and any other social network worth it.

I know I am missing alot of possibilities but this sets the foundation for a coin that is a true Community Chest.

We're not taking any of the pre-mine.  It's going all to those who were scammed.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:31:43 PM

That's a fine opinion.. but i don't think you would have touched it if it was originally launched at a 5% premine anyhow..

Goal of this project is to launch as was originally planned, with whatever is the original outcome (+/-good or bad publicity due to the scam)..

Hey we can turn this into something positive or not.. I'd rather think we can turn it into something positive.

How can your goal be to launch as originally planned when the only goal for this coin was to scam a bunch of naive people?  

You can't turn this into anything positive because it's still just another crap coin.  But go ahead, waste your time and whoever else decides to embark on this fools errand.  Give out your 5% premine to the suckers that got scammed and then let them suffer even more by giving them hope that their worthless coins will ever be worth anything.  The money's gone.  Launching this crap coin is just a waste of time and will never compensate those that were naive enough to send some mealy faced punk their btc.  Sometimes it's best to just put a sick dog out of it's misery.  

It's commendable that you want to do something but all your going to do is give people the false belief that they're going to get their money back.  They won't and the sooner people come to terms with that fact the sooner they can move on.  People got ripped off and the thief is long gone with the money.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:33:18 PM

The only way to increase the value is to cut half the stake of all the investors. Thereby having 2.5% premine. The coin could be a success since the name Stakecoin is already being established and it will not take long for it to get added to exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: