Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of scammers!  (Read 70148 times)
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 10:35:06 PM

I just wanted to report NothinG for scamming me out of 2 BTC.  You can view his thread here, the action starts around page 18.  No matter how much evidence I throw at him he refuses to refund the money as promised in the beginning.  I recommend avoid all transactions with this user.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18350.340

I'm not too familiar with MyBitcoin. Can you explain why NothinG wasn't able to receive the 2 BTC you sent? so does MyBitcoin have your 2 BTC right now?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 02:17:34 AM

I just wanted to report NothinG for scamming me out of 2 BTC.  You can view his thread here, the action starts around page 18.  No matter how much evidence I throw at him he refuses to refund the money as promised in the beginning.  I recommend avoid all transactions with this user.

I'm not too familiar with MyBitcoin. Can you explain why NothinG wasn't able to receive the 2 BTC you sent? so does MyBitcoin have your 2 BTC right now?
No, NothinG has my 2 BTC but is refusing to refund as he stated and his website went down after I sent him 2 BTC.  I never got what I paid for and he guaranteed refunds.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 05:59:04 AM

No, NothinG has my 2 BTC but is refusing to refund as he stated and his website went down after I sent him 2 BTC.  I never got what I paid for and he guaranteed refunds.

I thought it was verified by blockexplorer that your 2 BTC wasn't claimed by NothinG. That's where I'm confused.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
tito13kfm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 06:52:37 AM

I thought it was verified by blockexplorer that your 2 BTC wasn't claimed by NothinG. That's where I'm confused.

Well the rabbit hole goes a little deeper.. transfers between mybitcoin accounts don't show up in blockexplorer.  So it's possible those 2BTC aren't even the right ones to be looking at anymore.  It's all just numbers in a DB at this point.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 07:42:30 AM

I don't know where this was verified?  He received the BTC, I confirmed it after the payment.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 10:25:25 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2011, 12:47:42 AM by Ilikeham

Pending discussion.
beyond

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 11:02:35 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2011, 12:54:53 AM by beyond

ok, spoken with ilikeham.  hes going to look at this tomorrow.  I would like anyone with time to review the block explorer and comment.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:34:13 PM

A FYI:
Teleshot is a scammer, check the link for the proof.
czz

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 03:12:06 PM

Reporting xasasx (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30505) as a scammer.
He also had a different nickname, starting with "xcamp" or something like this.

After starting a pyramid game (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24318.0;all), he stopped updating the sheet, did not do a payout to the winner (me) and disappeared. All the pot came to a single address which did not participate in the game. Stole my 6 BTC and 2 BTC of another guy.  My PM's were left without an answer though the guy was online.

Spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB&key=0AmcHoqQeOcSTdGQ1X2oza1dOR2NrYnhISVMyMWM2bXc&output=html

BlockExplorer:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1MdgxZurg1Tr9zLWrSXntJG1kNdhy56wxf

I have a screenshot of the spreadsheet.
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:48:29 AM

So, scammer: BTCBuyer (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17409)
Ammount: 1.6BTC (+-5%)

He started a game here (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21586.msg271092#msg271092) where he said that
3. At the end of the round, all left over funds, will be distributed back to those who didn't get paid, minus 5% for keeping this busy game afloat.

That was over 12 days ago and three days ago I sent him a PM asking if he were ever going to pay up.. needless to say I didn't get any reply..

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 12:02:49 AM

I should have used an escrow system like ClearCoin, but foolishly wanted to support a new bitcoin start-up ASAP.

I should have known better than to trust a conflict-of-interest riddled deal, whereby an operator of the site would act as a participant in their own system.

I hope somebody else avoids my foolish mistake, and avoids doing any kind of business with the scam site ForBitCoin.com.

Here's what happened (screenshots available if anyone cares to see them).

Dude posted this youtube.com/watch?v=kuxlU1u5y8A showing off his silver, and offering to sell it for bitcoins on forbitcoin.com.

Seems legit, right?  So I send him 15 bitcoins, $450 worth at the time.

Instead of sending me the item for which I've just paid, dude waits around and starts bringing up shipping options, never mentioned in the original ad.

By the time we get on the same page, the price of bitcoins has plummeted, and the price of silver has risen.

Now dude expects me to eat the losses he incurred after the sale of my item.

I tell him that not how it works at eBay works, or any other lawfully regulated point of sale.

He ignore this and keeps trying to extort more money out of me, using my silver bar as a hostage.

Dude is going to have some fun in the FBI party van.  Then the US Postal Inspectors will have their way with him.

If there's anything left (remote, but non-zero, possibility) then I'll take him to court myself, with a civil suit.

Brad Mills seems like a decent guy, though he still hasn't sent me the silver coin I paid him for over a month ago.

I don't know how he got mixed up with the Chinese silver scammer with the Tennassee ID, but he should sever that relationship for the sake of his own legal liability.

I can understand the Canadian postal strike causing delays, but this is absurd.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
btc7

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 06:03:45 PM

So, scammer: BTCBuyer (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17409)
Ammount: 1.6BTC (+-5%)

He started a game here (http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=21586.msg271092#msg271092) where he said that
3. At the end of the round, all left over funds, will be distributed back to those who didn't get paid, minus 5% for keeping this busy game afloat.

That was over 12 days ago and three days ago I sent him a PM asking if he were ever going to pay up.. needless to say I didn't get any reply..

He/she is still active on the forum... And I even wanted to deal with him... Thanks for the warning.
I suppose that moderators should claim suspicious users...
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 11:31:48 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2011, 07:42:25 PM by KeyserSoze

[a resolution has been reached with Bitmole -- links removed]

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
dood001

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 06:24:25 AM

This is sooooooo scamness...
KeyserSoze

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:12:11 PM

1) okay, I'll give you that one. I made a mistake now checking my balance before placing a casual advert. +1
2) If your only concern was that you didn't receive payment immediately, then I have no defense.
3) "you have my word on that one"... lol, well... obviously Bitmole's word is no good.
Yes "obviously". Because a one time exchange and an unfortunate turn of events translates to a human being's entire persona.

Are you listening to yourself?

4) This about sums up what I figured dealing in BTC would be like. If Bitcoin fails just know its folks like Bitmole who helped speed up its demise.
This about sums up the reserve of idiots on bitcoin.org that run to the forums to handle their issues, instead of using the already open communication channels provided to them. Does anyone care to take note that this person never bothered to respond with any sort of disagreement, deadline or even so much as a threat given his state of unrest? It's almost as if he's more interested in just causing trouble than receiving payment.

I am an idiot about some things, that much is true. I don't always do the smartest thing. Like when I'm losing a fight. Sometimes I will kick the assailant in the balls on the way down. "It's just my nature," said the scorpion to the frog as they both drown.

We were handling the issue in private until you simply told me to wait. Wait for what? The agreement was on completion. A week after completion I decided I'd waited long enough. Assuming I would never get paid, I posted so the community would be aware of your actions. I could be wrong but I felt it was then the only course of action available to me. I understand you're embarrassed or upset at everyone finding out about your deceitful nature. It could all be changed if you admit you stole services and paid for them. Then I could go back into every thread and let the community know I am an embarrassment of a human being for ever doubting you.

You keep saying I never gave you a deadline. You stated "payment on completion" in the original terms. That was the deadline. Hello? Earth to Bitmole. Earth to Bitmole. Come in, Bitmole.

5) Bitmole never intended to pay. So I release to the world Bitmole's logo -- please abuse it as you see fit.
And we get to the bottom of your real agenda. You're not interested in receiving payment, you're interested in a witch hunt that has now cost you payment. You do realize you did this to yourself, right? That your lack of professionalism and ability to deal with delays is the only reason why you're not getting paid now?

I was interested in receiving payment until it became apparent you intended to not pay, at which point I kicked you in the balls on the way down. I love that you keep saying my lack of professionalism and my inability to deal with delays is the reason you feel being a thief is justified. It really is precious.

By the way... as a graphics designer MYSELF, I highly doubt you make $80/h as you claimed for work like this: http://wcwd.us/clients/bitmole/20110705_3_beup-bitmole.jpg

You are correct. My regular rate is $85, not $80. Though I do sometimes charge a lesser fee for clients who bring me more work than one-off projects. It really depends on the projects and amounts and such. It's the area of the country not an indicator of skill. Washington DC, New York, some other places charge the most because the cost of living is higher. Web developers in this area charge anywhere from $50-$150 for graphic design and web development, with some more or less in the extremes. Heck, plumbers and builders charge at least $60/hour in this area to swing a hammer. I realize those prices are out of the norm for non-metro U.S. cities and outside the country.

As I said elsewhere I was simply trying to get you to understand, after you came back for revisions to the art, that I couldn't put endless hours into the project. Normally we'd have a contract and an estimate for hours but dealing through the forum was a bit different.

While the art I provided you may have its quality debated, you were offering $12 (1BTC) and so you got $12 worth of effort - that's barely minimum wage in the U.S.. Amazingly, there is no accounting for taste, since after delivery you exclaimed "Superb! This is good enough for me. I'll take it," and so as a client you must have been pleased. Or were you lying then as well?

And as for you being a graphic designer... I can see why you wouldn't think someone could charge that rate. However, remember that you came to me because you couldn't accomplish the task yourself. Recall you said, "What I couldn't get to look right was the shading of the 'ㅂ'. It just doesn't look like it's part of the coin, you know what I mean? It needs to be raised, and I didn't really know how to do that and make it look right."

This is an open shut case of me not being able to provide the funds soon enough, and you blowing everything way out of proportion, jumping to conclusions and avoiding communication like the unprofessional you are. No one is listening to you.

So none of this has anything to do with your theft of service, only with my unprofessionalism? That's rich... its a laugh riot. Ta-ra-ra-goon-de-yay. I admit I am unprofessional. I work from home while in my underwear. Now will you please go ahead and admit you're a thief?

KeyserSoze

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 08:22:15 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2011, 10:46:16 PM by KeyserSoze

[edited - bitmole and I are working on a resolution]

phewajack

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 03:40:14 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2011, 04:31:43 PM by phewajack

A User tried to scam me through paypal.

He agreed to buy 2 5770's from me, sent the money, and as soon as I said that I would ship them out, he tried to reverse the payment through paypal from their dispute resolution center.  I can provide pictures of the messages he sent me agreeing to purchase and such.

*edit:  He is trying to resolve the issue, so I will see how the process goes.   
tsvekric

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 04:19:43 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2011, 10:30:59 PM by tsvekric

Edit:
After being contacted by WiseOldOwl he has paid me in full, albeit over a month later.  He was very apologetic.

Hey TeKillaSunRise, check it out

-qwe2323
xcooling

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 10:17:39 AM

BITCOIN SCAMMER

scammer purchased bitcoin and paid with paypal, after receiving the bitcoin, creates a dispute with paypal *Unauthorized Claim* and paypal blocks the transfer.

Irtza Kalim
17 Uphall Road
Ilford Essex IG1 2JE
United Kingdom

email: irtza_kalim@hotmail.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Irtza-Kalim/514781254
twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Irtza1

ebay id: mrnice786
http://myworld.ebay.com/mrnice786

bitcoin address - 18oJScESAFpSuzoiby6i5Wb9ZftSvANUMB

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 04:54:38 AM

We should create some form of vegence defence for scammers. We should be taking down thier IP's and DDoSing them 24/7 with bot nets for scamming!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: