Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:20:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of scammers!  (Read 70146 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 11, 2010, 11:56:20 PM

So final question - is the designer or designers planning on implementing (into the core) a secure system, so none of this nonsense is a problem anymore?

The scamming that this thread refers to is a problem with PayPal's security model, not Bitcoin's.  That said, there is no system that is secure if the users are duped into trusting someone that they otherwise would not.  So there will always be those who will try to defraud others, no matter the security of the system.  If you insist on others doing the due diligence on your behalf, perhaps you should stick with the credit card companies and their associated fees.  Security isn't ever free, and can be quite expensive if the user is lax.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mico

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
December 16, 2010, 08:27:08 AM

bitcointrade.biz are scammers too

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
mico

View Profile
December 17, 2010, 07:59:08 AM

ribuck
I sent them 50 BTC and got nothing, they even are not processed by the server, later I've read there is a big number of people which were scammed too by this service. They do not reply on emails but their service accepts bitcoins. This is a real fraud. There are some messages that this project is closed but you will not see it on their main website. They accumulated a very big quantity of Bitcoins and that's all. There were rumours that they even wanted to sell 90 000 BTC in mtGox - don't know is that true or what.

Here is a good explanation but in Russian - http://swindlernet.ru/news/bitcointrade_bitcointrade_biz/2010-11-26-3

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2010, 11:33:28 AM

there was something discussed  on:

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1861.0

that may be related to this

mico

View Profile
December 17, 2010, 12:35:26 PM

Interesting thing is that that guy was trying to withdraw at the same date range when accounts were locked in bitcointrade.biz.

NewLibertyStandard

Activity: 252
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2011, 12:12:13 PM

Liberty Reserve account holder U0617086 Valentina Izmailova (possibly fraudulent name) and IP address 67.212.80.94 (possibly proxy) steals money from friendly Internet users by stealing your email password by sending a message with the subject "Your account will be suspended". Please make this your status for a little while and if you happen to find him, give him what he deserves. Thanks!

Treazant: A Fullever Rewarding Bitcoin - Backup Your Wallet TODAY to Double Your Money! - Dual Currency Donation Address: 1Dnvwj3hAGSwFPMnkJZvi3KnaqksRPa74p
80sbaby

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 06:26:04 PM

is the mad hatter a legit dude???
Im hearing he is,. but seeing different.

How long does he usually take to fill ur account.

Ive sent him money over a weekk ago!!  Am i screwed???
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 06:32:01 PM

MadHatter is one of the guys of the first hour of bitcoin. I can't imagine that he would be a scammer.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
80sbaby

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 09:12:04 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2011, 12:55:42 PM by 80sbaby

I sent him money in December, then a week ago the Post Office returned the envelope (with my money still inside). So don't panic yet.

I have had a number of good dealings with madhatter, as have many others here.

wait.  and u just got ur letter back.  WTF? why did they send it back??

80sbaby

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:07:37 PM

Well, still.  MadHatter could at least check his email and forum.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 01:39:55 AM

MadHatter is certainly in the top 5 most trusted forum members. I fear he may have been hurt, arrested, or called to an emergency.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 07:35:12 AM

I sent him money in December, then a week ago the Post Office returned the envelope (with my money still inside). So don't panic yet.

I have had a number of good dealings with madhatter, as have many others here.

wait.  and u just got ur letter back.  WTF? why did they send it back??

I think i didnt the right return address though...Huh!!!!
i did  put a peiece of paper inside the envelope with my real return address though, so  eeeks.
hope this dude is solid.  My life litterally depends on it right now.!!

I've dealt with Madhatter on many occasions, and I will attest that he is as honest a man as one could expect to find.  However, the transit between the US and Canada is slow.  We all have real lives that must be attended to at times.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 09:48:31 PM

I'll just put this here: https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=2511.msg55817#msg55817

Smiley
80sbaby

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 05:51:43 PM

ok
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 31, 2011, 05:55:20 PM

Does anyone know anything about mndrix??
Hes acting really shady and i just made a deal with him, and he said he sent the bitcoins, but they are not showing up in my account?
Is there a special thing i have to do to recieve bitcoins or are they just suppose to show up in my account?

80sbaby, I understand that you're nervous about a large trade.  The coins were sent to you as soon as I got your funds. I've sent you forum PMs to that effect.  It's generally best to try and resolve these concerns in private before posting about people in the scammers thread.
CajunTechie

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 06:09:27 AM

A week ago, I contracted CajunTechie (Anthony Papillion <papillion at gmail.com>) to create an xhtml template for me, I prepaid 225 BTC, and as yet, a week later, he has not shown me a single piece of evidence that he has worked on or completed anything.  However, he stated that if I terminate the contract he would 'bill me for work done'.

Now admittedly, he stated that he has some very important personal issues, however, that should not have stopped him from either completing the work within a reasonable time, or sending my money back and telling me to get a different vendor.

Now, as he stated he would bill for work done and refund the rest, that then implies that I would have already seen evidence of work completed, but as I have NOT, I must assume that he would quickly wipe off something and state, "SEE, I did this" and bill me for nothing.  I have received no BTC back.

So I have no choice, but to place (Anthony) CajunTechie on the scammers list.

I wanted to take the time to respond to this post before I went to bed because River is attacking my reputation without giving telling the community the entire story. Here's the story:

On Friday I spoke with River via a Skype text chat where he detailed his need for an xHTML compliant redesign of his site (www.thefiatfreezone.com). After reviewing his requirements and getting a few things cleared up by him, we agreed on a price and the terms of the work. I indicated that I would begin work immediately and Rive quickly paid me half of the full price I asked for the work. River and I spoke around 5:00pm CT on Friday.

I spent the weekend reviewing his site structure to make sure I understood what he was doing, River wanted a complete site redesign that was still xHTML compliant.  On Tuesday, I received an email from River stating that he wanted to terminate the contract and report me as a scammer here because I hadn't done the work. Keep in mind, we talked on Friday at 5:00pm and this email came on Tuesday near 3:00pm for a COMPLETE SITE REDESIGN.

After some discussion with River (through email and Skype, both which I have logs of and would be happy to provide to the community as evidence if requested) it was decided that he would not cancel the contract and we would continue work as we agreed.  I also explained to River that I was dealing with a terminally ill family member which I felt effected the speed at which work could be done. He stated he understood and we even had, what I thought, was a nice phone conversation.

So, I continued to work on the site as we agreed and today I asked River if he could do a Skype call at 6:30pm CT to which the only response I received was 'your time or mine'.  A few hours later, I received a 'CONTRAcT TERMINATED' email and then came here to find this post by River listing me as a scammer.

So the bottom line is this: River is not a web designer and obviously has no idea the work it takes to do a complete web design. That's evidenced by him thinking an entire site redesign could be done in what amounts to two days (spare the weekend).  Additionally, River is so impatient and so scared of getting 'scammed' that he's much too quick to label people who are trying to help him (at a much lower rate than usual, I might add) as scammers. As to his  'not seeing the refund that was promised', I can only say that River is lying. He is well aware that when we spoke on Tuesday evening it was decided that there WOULD BE  no refund (why would I continue to work on a project I was going to stop and refund money on?)  And as far as his demand for a refund after terminating the contract tonight, I'm sure someone not responding in 3-4 hours off of business hours is hardly evidence of that person being a scammer.

I am not a scammer and I am offended that River has chosen to only present one side of the story AND outright lie about agreements. He says he has an email where I tell him I will issue him a refund. I have the entire thread and Skype chat that went on AFTER that email where he said 'ok, I'm sorry for jumping the gun, let's continue work'. Did River think I would do a refund and then perform the rest of the work for free? Is that how HE does business? I think we all know better than that. The bottom line is River is sensitive about being scammed (he said in our phone conversation it had happened to him before, so I understand it) and jumped the gun several times - especially with posting to this board.

Will River receive a refund? Absolutely. However, I will deduct the cost of the work already done and refund the rest. I'm also going to formally request that River either remove this post calling me a scammer from this board or post proof where I 'promised a refund' and didn't deliver -- but post the ENTIRE conversation.

Thank you for hearing my side, community, and I hope for a quick and fast resolution between River and myself. I also hope he learns a bit of patience and not to be so aggressively paranoid or else the chances of his site actually getting done by ANYONE are slim to none. I know I will never consider working with him again even if this is resolved. 

Thank You,
Anthony Papillion (CajunTechie)
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 08:24:16 PM

In the future, may I recommend that parties agree upon an escrow and/or mediator with large contract deals? 

river

April 09, 2011, 06:38:47 PM

Will River receive a refund? Absolutely. However, I will deduct the cost of the work already done and refund the rest. I'm also going to formally request that River either remove this post calling me a scammer from this board or post proof where I 'promised a refund' and didn't deliver -- but post the ENTIRE conversation.

a refund (implies former proof of work, I've seen nothing .. no body has)

Guee, another lie from him, so much for that 'refund' he promised (within 24 hours) .. that would be yesterday,  and still not a penny (and he has an address).

Here's my proof.

*******************************************************************************************

Friday April 1, 2011
[3:55:40 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: hi
[3:56:01 PM] Anthony: Hi! How are you?
[3:56:07 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ok
[3:56:27 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: so I take it your a web graphics designer
[3:57:20 PM] Anthony: I am. I don't do a lot of web graphics anymore (my wife does and we work as a team) but I can evaluate things for her and make quotes
[3:57:45 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ah
[3:58:10 PM] Anthony: I work more on the programming side now. So have you found someone to meet your needs?
[3:59:05 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I'm not sure yet ... there are a lot of unorganized people out there
[3:59:30 PM] Anthony: Absolutely. And unfortunately it can be hard to sort of them from the rest of us
[4:01:06 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: so do you know generally what I'm looking for?
[4:01:39 PM] Anthony: I have an idea but I'd like a description ifyou have one. Do you have any sites that have what you're looking for as an example, etc?
[4:02:26 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: not really, I'm trying to stay away from templates that are avaialble, since I need something that is xhtml 1.1 compliant and none of them are
[4:02:44 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: but I am looking for something business, simply, sleek, easy
[4:03:04 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ya
[4:03:21 PM] Anthony: ok that's fair. So do you need the entire site designed or just the 'store' part of it?
[4:03:34 PM] Anthony: And is there a particular reasons you need it to be xHTML compliant?
[4:03:40 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: first, have you seen the existing site?
[4:03:50 PM] Anthony: No I haven't. Can you give me the url?
[4:04:09 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: www.thefiatfreezone.com ... is not pretty
[4:04:26 PM] Anthony: Give me a moment to check it out
[4:04:32 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ok
[4:04:33 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: brb
[4:05:11 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: so
[4:05:38 PM] Anthony: I'm loading it now
[4:05:46 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ? ok
[4:06:17 PM] Anthony: Ok so yeah I can definitely see room for improvement. So you don't need programming done, right? Just design?
[4:07:04 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: correct .. you can see the general current layout when you move the window around
[4:07:50 PM] Anthony: Right.  OK so the window will need to still float, right?
[4:08:25 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: that already in there .. as long the code is xhtml 1.1 compliant and the css is class based, not name based
[4:09:17 PM] Anthony: Ok. Simple enough. Do you also want graphics designed as well?
[4:09:38 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I dont' think I can afford that right now .. I'm limited in my budget
[4:10:45 PM] Anthony: Undertandable. So basically you need a new site designed, using the basic graphic you currently have and it has to be xHTML 1.1. compliant. Do you want someone to work with your existing xHTML code or can they start from scratch?
[4:12:29 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: well that floating window won't really be touched by the new layout .. its a separt template ... and have a full back-end system I designed and developed for creating different templates with the one existing floating window on top
[4:12:47 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: if you understand that
[4:14:04 PM] Anthony: Yes, I understand that. Makes sense. So the floating window will remain and the rest of the site will be changed to the new layout.
[4:15:41 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: pretty much, but I am looking to 'clean up' the floating window .. as you can see my html and css skills are lacking that the floating window is ... not perfect.
[4:16:29 PM] Anthony: Right, I can see that. Cleanup is easy though. Not that big of a deal. Well, I can tell you I would like to work on this with you if you haven't found anyone. I'm interested.
[4:17:09 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: would you happen to have a general quote for the project?
[4:17:52 PM] Anthony: Let me look at a few things. One sec
[4:20:05 PM] Anthony: I really can't see this being more than 350. It's not a ton of work for an experienced dev. And it shouldn't take terribly long either.
[4:24:36 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: so you would be able to create a directory, search screen with options, store front, product details, and shopping cart?
[4:24:49 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: for 350?
[4:31:06 PM] Anthony: Myapologies. My power went off for a moment
[4:32:30 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ?
[4:36:04 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: do you have an existing portfolio I can see ...
[4:37:26 PM] Anthony: I do. Let me dig it up and email it to you. Two of the 'big' sites I've worked on were Jessie Duplantis Ministries and Lost Treasure. But let me dig up some links and email them to you. Or would you rather I send them here?
[4:37:56 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: just here as quickies
[4:38:40 PM] Anthony: Cool. I will get them when I get to my other pc. Expect them within the hour. I'll do the big ones so you can see good examples
[4:39:11 PM] Anthony: I do know www.losttreasure.com is one. But I don't remember the ministry site offhand.
[4:39:56 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: nice
[4:40:11 PM] The Fiat Free Zone:  Jessie Duplantis Ministries? what's that?
[4:40:27 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: jdm.com?
[4:40:48 PM] Anthony: He's a preacher out of Louisiana (my home state) that I got to know and designed his site for him. It's since been taken over by someone (can't remember who) but they haven't changed the site much since my design
[4:41:29 PM] Anthony: I think it might be jdm.org
[4:42:39 PM] Anthony: Actually, it looks like the ONLY thing they've changed was the 'Contribution' link
[4:44:04 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: good examples
[4:44:23 PM] Anthony: I have more but don;t have them accessible right now.
[4:44:33 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: so you have a colour schema  and layout in mind?
[4:45:12 PM] Anthony: Well, if you want to keep it business, probably muted tones. Maybe a medium 'aqualike' blue (little darker) though or blues and grays.
[4:45:43 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: kinda like bitcoins colors?
[4:45:50 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: bitcoin.org
[4:46:07 PM] Anthony: Right! Kind of keeping the same feel for consistency.
[4:48:21 PM] Anthony: As for your question about doing it all for 350 I can pretty much do everything but the store. That requires a bit more work. Could you do 425?
[4:48:46 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: 425 including the store?
[4:48:53 PM] Anthony: Right, for everything.
[4:49:29 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: 425 BTC .. it's reasonable .. let me think about it for a few minutes .. other things to consider here
[4:49:58 PM] Anthony: Ok no problem. I need to run for a bit but think about it and send me an email when you have time. CajunTechie@hotmail.com
[4:50:07 PM] Anthony: I can begin right away if you choose me
[4:50:14 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: gpg you public key
[4:50:26 PM] Anthony: Let me grab it. Hang on
[4:52:14 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: here mind just in case .. for secured communicates .. like BTC id
[4:52:27 PM] Anthony: Key ID is 0x8794abd40078b6e4. Main email is papillion@gmail.com
[4:52:48 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ?
[4:52:54 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: what's that?
[4:52:55 PM] Anthony: My GPG key ID
[4:53:09 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: you gpg public key should be like mine:
[4:53:15 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

mQMuBE2A9ZgRCADc+Qn9iymrWJKtUK/yRo2qXrzCJ3Nr1PnrMJNKQaIWzU+c7cEs
5msSkphETQexXvMTzzCs/HVcVYOUWWyJEH3YJsw8KzWYtO56jbQko9mosaGjuyA4
NSYSbUTkOIoilo4kUG1j5HT1l9KZBAor1YvN0aMHAw59ZaxKPr4mGY8cMyPTOtBo
HarlSc4TPpniV43TCVcpKa5o70yQZMLzB/FPdxyUePpb5NeGWMYwZtUpDaQ++RRC
TRgvTSmB3YZ8sLFF1ppxUNeRsymShpNNqTMP0ZKaAh+pXQ8pCclEKsC7pUg5uVTB
3WEWk+IWL0F8ytG/UYlWNmgXiNLpkPL1TLMzAQCwDxJE8KvEJMhi51eknyoJqvLd
xUM5PJNP1TIGzK8yKQf9GJCIliqDiOY85eIEPHZQj6GiUDRJf9mZ2nBgAhjLuBpg
NQKJRJjcITJNlwvTCjXdV5tyyhGwz7rw9kbrmUscLX4no4di8M8ry+DmuN8gX86w
6RWQERffdrD6caDCqbPEqmxqTts8lOQYVs66kIizRyvYzF9uhXepGXw1nOlBpoYs
iL9q4iRu57Tope+P/nIukSFGULnrfuPXsQLUkzl9kkg2TrHDzBVSfg/dQwsPznSX
+AKx5MBwyDr1UhnI6wSAz0SGWXXFMdEDsTJZsRnwSnycqetyrP6ThI/Bfd8Nt9F6
PlvkJrDXiGsQO2KsyRmY9uS/drqHdBqMNYJpJ9QvEggAtyOS/19Q+TVdq0/zzuiR
X11yFx0AU28NeQNUVaSIkgeVwzjH0kkUtxDFry/CV1ZjYgjWosPP4gBwMOkoA4Ra
CiR14ripNWDF4wykhik/p/6Rx0l4e6veVuGWRMhvocVAj4XfHvrADsRq34S82Of5
r+D1W3it0k1hgfBG7xD9mX3Pr+56A8tQ0oFMbv+/EdWtjjjG7ebqBOKgwZTuRwJ4
ge6rrYDhk2aBLTwxV+MndXXo24Bv/i+VNk5JwOYIqlH6CD1cShbDUO9P/gJP1Zk0
SizBQgZViwkaviFawrbkjEyBLJDwpcnQqoieX+8p/AbnEQVN3Qwmfw/MCeGyaGKR
SLRHVGhlIEZpYXQgRnJlZSBab25lIChUaGUgRmlhdCBGcmVlIFpvbmUpIDx0ZWNo
bmljYWxAdGhlZmlhdGZyZWV6b25lLmNvbT6IegQTEQgAIgUCTYD1mAIbIwYLCQgH
AwIGFQgCCQoLBBYCAwECHgECF4AACgkQPrWBJ6+exFxLcgEAkfJkBuAwjlhK210U
s2bnrVTwbVpcKxq95HvoP8LjTT8A+gLo5lVffQvqS/nAWUrjhcr552+3s3UB5F4i
vH9NW14quQQNBE2A9ZgQEAC1oDkz+2JwGnLcPn/Cjfvr3sfCFItrxyUha6ljqNqs
yR/I5I9V/flX3sERb+W7ixLIQk7rXNsq3L53ttzQ33w7i748UmBEdeaJBp/u6eIV
aQmbZc91OOGqKZemlY8jjtpI4KeBdKjCJ4v0Z+NPQEmQAEpivuwnyjlqibHB6Vvu
73l/4VZAM5Zv+6La/sUtRp4bs2KK18v+p4uhnUDvsTX0O9PxZIk1fsnBx2fFeqzP
M8gBleCOPwUG90t9AEWwGXCRwWz16iUC+oH4+3w9MN74RTWavB/4oPOsY/R3PYiQ
l8nCqWszoUZ2uHjLn3+LD/nfYEowQdzTuC8ukDEIfBcJS+9V5KSZvxmZLNPiaxa6
ogAq6BA3/4lj6cX2VfLufGhwplgSRXKMfCMRh/tNoP4pVu+v0Ua5QQknX5F7/TCD
yhZn2idk2qPWXWsGbHpDn8ZfRSg0lpxfl9FTna2An5ZREx3bvpoRaIlylSFaBiVv
0/Igrt84M8udXdqVmILKLKnJ9ZaBwhwOwacQ72XDjjc8AdgSnI6oTFIB1zhiWkyU
yYjoqAcRZOrxuXIL1fzs0w3wk/0lHYVTQGtap2QjvYTXWclxF7AuL2n+KWtVNz+S
c/RNNCY3QciyvDHs3h34kfwDKt0fZH2ZqpZUEwoOnsnRjcA3b8HCHsDGnrs4ZGqm
AwADBg/+Nph06AbVv6tiDUpwaBgHiNPdtPhGf1Fq6GbWmjyyW1A1Keimgqt9Y4Uz
vvI9Z4Z/8qKFm2Z9iJ48+b3u+pwDSsSpUakZoXRNV5UBvsAMn875F9xPurM8y3GX
nvJpMCbTeKwoG7pYEXzsIDcLkINdPV5KB2JeXDfmFRJqZO0yWu3vLfef2EslCaUS
lKzq+y8vQWih6UMScOZnXqZXZh6VN3fXllaC/TBtoiL/LR5eG0qb1xDzi0E+mJAS
u1LGMyeYQ7UdRaEAmep8xNx0jOko1Uo+1HpoPAsXxBdkNOpQaZQWJtg4rPSPeDTF
tJ20bz1js3Oy1f3llM02ZwLJT1BmPQdBXsnwLL8+senDCE+eilEKmtGbr+BAmD9X
87j9dxnaB0T3QyFXGFYB/T5s/MW1EC9Htd3nnqbm+s1y9z9VLxZ4Zd9O4nrl9q3A
fRB+8j0mMPGPk3O44ca2mmqf0wcnvSp4+fFlMV+bB9G1lDrP5fyS76+5/sgLiwrz
mCIuoXjMBEWf+FH+mpHMQT1e5HulhwIXdCk/3LBWDtCd1OqqkYfvj4Bl+jbk2qMo
kSBKBCjFWSRuTqUtd7JTpSv2cOHPZJIYypn9Pg05hp0zANhetaH8XmDSHOefPc7f
K6oH1g3d0jMJim4kNfxA3iqlJ1Ru/Z3tG6HaeVFKEx9XAK5Y/hKIYQQYEQgACQUC
TYD1mAIbDAAKCRA+tYEnr57EXHuHAP0Zof/Tprc816l6G0qixzaBxLmhfJLRijD+
TVUDVuuTfgD/WreePT2BhUhIzeB+9cKWpPFoKP+ClIq/t4T0b24iaao=
=uasU
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
[4:53:28 PM] Anthony: Oh you want the actual key. I was posting the key ID. Sorry
[4:53:47 PM] Anthony: Mine is
[4:53:50 PM] Anthony: -----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: SKS 1.1.0
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=N2l+
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
[4:54:28 PM] Anthony: You can grab it from any keyserver by searching for my email addy
[4:57:54 PM] Anthony: Ok I gotta run. Thinkabout it and send me mail
[5:25:17 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: This message has been removed.
[10:20:55 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: This message has been removed.
[9:38:32 AM] The Fiat Free Zone: This message has been removed.
[9:15:25 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: This message has been removed.
Monday, April 4, 2011
[9:31:43 AM] The Fiat Free Zone: This message has been removed.
[1:17:18 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: This message has been removed.
[5:35:13 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: did you get my apology email?
[5:36:11 PM] Anthony: I did, and I responded. I have two design ideas to show you tomorrow evening or Wednesday. I think you're going to like them.
[5:36:21 PM] Anthony: Elegant, sleek, but still within the bitcoin feel
[5:38:43 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I just read you email .. as stated previously, I do apologise for assuming anything of personal nature .. that not my place.
[5:39:08 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: second .. my GPG key is on my website .. not the MIT site
[5:39:18 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I guess I should look at putting it there
[5:39:33 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: but I think I may have to update it first to better security
[5:40:11 PM] Anthony: No problem on the email or anything. Glad we were able to get it resolved. Ok I will grab your GPG key from the site.   That way we can communicate more securely. I'll grab it now.
[5:40:43 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: It's good for now .. it work .. not the best .. but ya
[5:40:52 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: pgp key I mean
[5:41:11 PM] Anthony: Right. Ok so you are technical@thefiatfreezone.com, right?
[5:41:42 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: it's actually on www.thefiatfreezone.com
[5:42:06 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I haven't placed it on the MIT thing yet
[5:42:31 PM] Anthony: Right, I'm at the site now and I see each contact has a PGP key, yours is the one for the technical dept, riht?
[5:42:35 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: and I'll probably be putting up a few keys just in case for technical, sales, billing, etc
[5:42:49 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: there all mine ...
[5:42:53 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: they're
[5:43:02 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: it all come to me eventually
[5:43:12 PM] Anthony: Ooh ok cool.
[5:43:13 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: for now anyways
[5:43:18 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: till I grow a little
[5:43:30 PM] Anthony: Right, which hopefully will be quick
[5:44:03 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: as you may have notice for the existing site .. the id's are unusual
[5:44:32 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: so if you simply do not put in id's .. that would be great .. they are auto-generated on the server
[5:45:14 PM] Anthony: Ok no problem then. Whatever is most secure for you is fine. I'm flexible
[5:46:05 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: well it's not the security thing for the id field in the html .. it's my auto-generator names everyting itself
[5:46:39 PM] Anthony: Ok I was wondering how those names came about lol
[5:46:39 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I have a specific naming convention that links into th backend database without any use interaction
[5:47:17 PM] Anthony: Ok, that's easy enough.
[5:47:42 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ya, that's why I said the css has to be class based instead of id based.
[5:48:34 PM] Anthony: I wondered about that too but that's cool. I usually prefer to use classes anyway. Not really sure why but to me it's just simpler.
[5:52:22 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: just added the public keys to the MIT server
[5:52:45 PM] Anthony: Cool, I've already grabbed it off your site. Is that a 4096 bit key?
[5:53:06 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: 4096/2048
[5:53:30 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: oh .. ya 2048
[5:53:33 PM] Anthony: Cool. So good and secure.  Would you rather encrypted email as a matter of course?
[5:54:15 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: this is fine .. I only put things I don't want see threw GPG
[5:54:40 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: besides .. isn't skype suposed to be encrypted these days?
[5:54:49 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I guess not .. just a rumor
[5:54:54 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: it's all good
[5:55:23 PM] Anthony: It's supposed to be encrypted but I don't trust it's 'totally' secure as I'm sure there's a backdoor to allows eavesdropping.
[5:55:44 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I know what you mean.
[5:55:57 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: it's not like its financial info thou
[5:56:06 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: that's encrypted out the wazoo
[5:56:16 PM] Anthony: True, that's secure.
[5:56:35 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: and the occational documents not for prying eyes Smiley
[5:56:56 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: do you have vid abilities?
[5:57:50 PM] Anthony: Not on this machine I don't.  My dog knocked over my webcam and it broke so I can only use it as a mic now ;-(
[5:58:16 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: I don't even know if my sound works for this
[5:58:23 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: may i try?
[5:59:09 PM] Anthony: Sure go ahead. Let me log off before you call me though. My wife is home and it's noisey here so I will let it bounce to my mobile phone. When you see me log off, go ahead and call :-)
[5:59:37 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ?
[5:59:45 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: how do I call if you logged off?
[6:00:06 PM] Anthony: Just do a regular skype to skype call and my skype will ring my mobile.
[6:00:22 PM] The Fiat Free Zone: ok

As for someone attacking someone elses' charater :

Quote from: CajunTechie on April 08, 2011, 06:09:27 am
I indicated that I would begin work immediately and Rive quickly paid me half of the full price I asked for the work. River and I spoke around 5:00pm CT on Friday.

True

I spent the weekend reviewing his site structure to make sure I understood what he was doing,

Apearantly irrelevant as he refused communications with me threw Skype throughout the weekend

River wanted a complete site redesign that was still xHTML compliant.

As per conversations (anyone want to emails and Skype) I wanted a frame/template but couldn't afford the graphics ... hmm .. just like I said.

On Tuesday, I received an email from River stating that he wanted to terminate the contract and report me as a scammer here because I hadn't done the work. Keep in mind, we talked on Friday at 5:00pm and this email came on Tuesday near 3:00pm for a COMPLETE SITE REDESIGN.

Fascinating how he emphasises a 'complete site redesign' for a templates/frame as discussed, most likely without graphics .. hmm.
Also, I never sent it for work not done, thou that was part of it, but I sent said email (as stated inside of it) because of no communications, I asked him to communicate with me before he started and nothing .Huh I had no choice but to assume nothing had started due to no communication //??? wander if that qualifies at lack of communication ?!?

I payed, attempted multi-communications and got none in return until after I sent the termination email.   I've gotten fired for that before ...

After some discussion with River (through email and Skype, both which I have logs of and would be happy to provide to the community as evidence if requested) it was decided that he would not cancel the contract and we would continue work as we agreed.  I also explained to River that I was dealing with a terminally ill family member which I felt effected the speed at which work could be done. He stated he understood and we even had, what I thought, was a nice phone conversation.

True, within reason.

So, I continued to work on the site as we agreed and today I asked River if he could do a Skype call at 6:30pm CT to which the only response I received was 'your time or mine'.

True, until 6:00pm came when I called and attempted voice Skypes repeated for 2+ hours with zero response to a predetermined contact time.

A few hours later, I received a 'CONTRAcT TERMINATED' email and then came here to find this post by River listing me as a scammer.

True, partly, but as I explained in the post, I did not call him a scammer I stated the communications issues and lag of proof only.  And stated that I had no choice (as this is the only negative experience posting I there is)

So the bottom line is this: River is not a web designer and obviously has no idea the work it takes to do a complete web design. That's evidenced by him thinking an entire site redesign could be done in what amounts to two days (spare the weekend).  Additionally, River is so impatient and so scared of getting 'scammed' that he's much too quick to label people who are trying to help him (at a much lower rate than usual, I might add) as scammers. As to his  'not seeing the refund that was promised', I can only say that River is lying. He is well aware that when we spoke on Tuesday evening it was decided that there WOULD BE  no refund (why would I continue to work on a project I was going to stop and refund money on?)  And as far as his demand for a refund after terminating the contract tonight, I'm sure someone not responding in 3-4 hours off of business hours is hardly evidence of that person being a scammer.

I am not a scammer and I am offended that River has chosen to only present one side of the story AND outright lie about agreements. He says he has an email where I tell him I will issue him a refund. I have the entire thread and Skype chat that went on AFTER that email where he said 'ok, I'm sorry for jumping the gun, let's continue work'. Did River think I would do a refund and then perform the rest of the work for free? Is that how HE does business? I think we all know better than that. The bottom line is River is sensitive about being scammed (he said in our phone conversation it had happened to him before, so I understand it) and jumped the gun several times - especially with posting to this board.

I paid up front, so who's scared of being scammed?
I got no communication or proof of work, as well when I was told something would happen, it never did, so now who's blatantly lying.
(anyone want the emails / skypes)

To deduct the cost of work done requires upfront proof of said work having been done, there was none, due to no communications issues on his part. Soooooo ...

Thank you for hearing my side, community, and I hope for a quick and fast resolution between River and myself. I also hope he learns a bit of patience and not to be so aggressively paranoid or else the chances of his site actually getting done by ANYONE are slim to none.

Patience is an invalid argument when you do not deliver on simple communications ad pre-determined dates/times.

I know I will never consider working with him again even if this is resolved.

That makes 1 of us unfortunately, under different circumstances.

Unlike him, I hold no malice or hostility towards him, As I've said before, he could have simply kept in basic daily communication, to keep me updated, but he did not, and he didn't deliver anything he said he world, when he said he would (including demos).

I understand that he is dealing with personal issues, but when that affects a contract to the point you can't even communicate on a basic level, or when you say you will, then as a professional in your field, you should have the courtesy to refund any/all moneys and inform the client that you will be unable to keep your word.  It's not a hard thing to do, but it is professional, you then have to the you need to care for personal issues and the client can go to another vendor to get there contract completed.  Everyone is happy.  Anything else is grounds for termination of contract and the client then gets responses/flames from illegitimate contractors(by contents of posting only) such as him.

Thank You,
Anthony Papillion (CajunTechie)

Emails

To:    Anthony Papillion <papillion@gmail.com>
Subject:    Re: proposal
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 11:23:00 -0700

{this was an encrypted message}

--
Love is given -> never earned.
Trust is earned -> never given.

The Fiat Free Zone
https://www.thefiatfreezone.com
------------------------------------------------------
Subject:    Public Key
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 11:46:07 -0700

I updated my public key on my website .. issues with the last one.
Please update at your convenience.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 16:08:16 -0700

Please contact me regarding some minor coding issues before starting the
project.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
To:    The Fiat Free Zone <thefiatfreezone@gmail.com>
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 18:29:31 -0500 (02/04/11 04:29:31 PM)

No problem. Will contact you when I get back home.

On 04/02/2011 06:08 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> Please contact me regarding some minor coding issues before starting the
> project.
>
--------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 23:27:26 -0500 (02/04/11 09:27:26 PM)

Just checked and it's there :-) Thank you for the payment.
Will you have a few moments to talk on Skype a bit tomorrow?
I have a few questions and I want to get your clarification.

On 04/02/2011 11:18 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> Please confirm you received.
>
---------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 21:18:53 -0700

Please confirm you received.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:30:18 -0500 (03/04/11 07:30:18 PM)

Yes I did! I'm sorry for the delay I've been with a sick family member
most of the day. Are you available tonight or tomorrow?

On 04/03/2011 06:12 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> you wanted to talk with me today?
>
Subject:    availability
Date:    Sat, 02 Apr 2011 22:34:12 -0700

Could not parse PGP/MIME message
gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: public key is 4F649839
gpg: encrypted with RSA key, ID 4F649839
gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

PGP/MIME-encrypted message header attachment

PGP/MIME-encrypted message header attachment (encrypted.asc), "This is a digitally encrypted message part"
Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 16:12:47 -0700

PGP/MIME-encrypted message header attachment (encrypted.asc), "This is a digitally encrypted message part"
Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:41:28 -0500 (03/04/11 07:41:28 PM)

Great! Looking forward to connecting.
No, your message wasn't encrypted. Was it supposed to be?

On 04/03/2011 09:41 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> Sounds good
>
> hey does it say this message is encrypted on your end?
>
-------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:43:46 -0500 (03/04/11 07:43:46 PM)

I'm. sorry, it WAS encrypted.

On 04/03/2011 09:41 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> Sounds good
>
> hey does it say this message is encrypted on your end?
>
----------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 19:41:42 -0700

Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 20:02:33 -0700

unfortunately your messages to me are not encrypted .. they only have a
signature with them

--

The Fiat Free Zone

On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 21:43 -0500, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> I'm. sorry, it WAS encrypted.
>
> On 04/03/2011 09:41 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> > Sounds good
> >
> > hey does it say this message is encrypted on your end?
> >
Date:    Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:17:10 -0700

Subject:    available
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 09:41:42 -0700

Subject:    available?
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 13:24:09 -0700

Can you talk?

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Subject:    contract
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:09:04 -0700

Since this contract was payed for and it was supposed to be done or at
least started by now, I must delare this contract as terminated since
you have not communicated with me regarding its status.  and I will
require my money (225 BTC) back .. address attached, or I will have to
put your information into the scammers lists on bitcoin.org

--

The Fiat Free Zone

PGP/MIME-encrypted message header attachment (tt.txt.tar.gpg)

Subject:    Re: contract
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:12:42 -0500 (04/04/11 05:12:42 PM)

I do not agree that this contract has been violated as we are not even
24 hours past the 'decided upon start' of the contract, which we agree
was to be today (Monday, April 4th, 2011). As I explained to you on
yesterday, I have been dealing with a sick family member but, even with
that, I have began work on your site.

I'm requesting that you reconsider your course of action and consider
how YOU would want to be treated if YOU were dealing with a terminally
ill family member. If you still choose to terminate the contract, I will
provide you with the work I have completed within 24 hours and deduct
the cost of that work from your refund.

Anthony

On 04/04/2011 07:09 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> Since this contract was payed for and it was supposed to be done or at
> least started by now, I must delare this contract as terminated since
> you have not communicated with me regarding its status.  and I will
> require my money (225 BTC) back .. address attached, or I will have to
> put your information into the scammers lists on bitcoin.org
>
--------------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:33:55 -0500 (04/04/11 05:33:55 PM)

Thank you for your prompt reply.  If you reread our conversation from
Skype, you will notice that I *did* state that I would begin Monday.
Since I assume you know some about web design, I also assume you know
that it would be shortchanging you to have a fifteen minute conversation
with you then jump into coding a site. I took the weekend to review your
existing code and to form a 'plan of attack' on how to most efficiently
perform the work we agreed on.

As to terminally ill, you're correct that I didn't mention it. Since
that's rather private information, I felt it was appropriate only to
inform you that the person was ill. I saw no reason to go into deeper
detail than that.

Indeed, I have started it. Right now, I'm working on the CSS and a
couple of idea I hope to run by you by tomorrow evening (April, 5, 2011)
or Wednesday (April, 6, 2011) I think you'll be rather pleased with the
two ideas I'm working on as they integrate into the Bitcoin 'feel' while
still looking professional and sleek.

Lastly, I've gone to the MIT PGP server and searched for your key
(thefiatfreezone@gmail.com) and it can't seem to find it. Is this the
correct account your key is associated with? If it is, could you please
attach your key to an email so I can import it? I think I'm encrypting
to an incorrect email address the other key I have.

Thank You,
Anthony Papillion
4/4/2011 : 7:31pm CT

On 04/04/2011 07:21 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> First off, you stated on Skype that you could begin right away .. so I
> was expecting at least communication today ... and nothing.
>
> Second, you didn't mention terminally ill, you said an ill family
> member, that could me a flu so I apologise for assuming anything.
>
> If you have started on it .. great, my apologies, we shall continue and
> finish it, however, communication was expected, as mentioned previously
> by email.
>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:21:40 -0700

First off, you stated on Skype that you could begin right away .. so I
was expecting at least communication today ... and nothing.

Second, you didn't mention terminally ill, you said an ill family
member, that could me a flu so I apologise for assuming anything.

If you have started on it .. great, my apologies, we shall continue and
finish it, however, communication was expected, as mentioned previously
by email.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Subject:    Phone died!
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 21:30:45 -0500 (04/04/11 07:30:45 PM)

I am SO sorry! My phone died on me without me noticing how close to
death it was. Might we consider this conversation another time? I've
truly learned a LOT tonight! You've totally sold me on Bitcoin!

--
Anthony Papillion
Software Development and IT Services
Advanced Data Concepts

Office: (918) 919-4624
Mobile: (918) 320-9968
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:    Re: Phone died!
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:37:48 -0700

lol

I figured your phone died ... well, what an adventure it is!

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 21:39:36 -0500 (04/04/11 07:39:36 PM)

Indeed it is! Thank you SO MUCH for the time you spent explaining things
to me tonight.

On 04/04/2011 09:37 PM, The Fiat Free Zone wrote:
> lol
>
> I figured your phone died ... well, what an adventure it is!
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date:    Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:46:01 -0700

if it helped, it's all good

--

The Fiat Free Zone

Subject:    website
Date:    Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:40:32 -0700

Subject:    Re: website
Date:    Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:49:01 -0500 (05/04/11 04:49:01 PM)

Hi!

I'm on my way home and will reply asap

On 4/5/11, The Fiat Free Zone <thefiatfreezone@gmail.com> wrote:
> {no text body}

--
Sent from my mobile device

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
Get real about your software/web development and IT Services
(918) 919-4624

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cajuntechie
My Blog:   http://www.cajuntechie.com
------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:    Re: website
Date:    Tue, 05 Apr 2011 18:30:40 -0700

Our conversation the other night .. I redid the math

21,000,000.00000000 =
21,000,000,000,000.00 BTC max / 7,000,000,000 ish humans =
3,000 each if every human was to only use BTC

2 billion (ish) are in tech dead zone.
2 billion (ish) are in negative situation incapable of using bitcoin

21 trillion / 3 billion =
7,000.00 each

and governments won't allow the human numbers to get higher without a
major population reduction war ...

So valuable no matter how u look at it.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
------------------------------------------------------------------
To:    thefiatfreezone@gmail.com
Subject:    Website
Date:    Wed, 6 Apr 2011 08:52:41 -0500 (06/04/11 06:52:41 AM)

Good Morning,

Unfortunately, I was unable to decrypt your message yesterday and have
no idea what it said. However, I'm assuming it was enquiring about the
status of the website so I'm going to update that.

I'm putting a few touches on it today and working with a few CSS
issues that aren't quite working the way I want them to. I hope to be
done by around 6pm CT and have a site to run by you for your approval.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry this note is so short but I'm on my mobile. Will write more
detail later if need be.

Anthony

--

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
(918) 919-4624

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:    Re: Website
Date:    Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:20:47 -0700

I will probably approve of it in any case, however, did you notice when
looking that the existing site that all the data fields are inside of
divs that have clsWhatever at the end?

That is part of the naming convention, so that all related data fields
are grouped together, it's a database thing.

Hopefully you've kept to that, but if you haven't .. I just have to
change alter the page to include it.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:    Update
Date:    Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:30:06 -0500 (06/04/11 02:30:06 PM)

Finishing up within the hour. Will send url

--

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
(918) 919-4624

Subject:    Re: Update
Date:    Wed, 06 Apr 2011 17:23:50 -0700

You stated you were going to show me an example a while ago?

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Subject:    update
Date:    Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:57:04 -0700

What happening here? You said you were going to get back to me tonight
and show me a demo?

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Subject:    Update
Date:    Wed, 06 Apr 2011 23:57:06 -0700

Anthony,

As it's Midnight (local) and you have not responded, I'm am concerned as
to the well being of things with your family.

However, It is very important that this contract finishes very soon, it
has become a time sensitive issue for me.

If things have taken a turn for the worse, please inform me of your
status in regards to this contract, give me what you have completed to
date, and I will find someone else to complete the rest, it is very
important that this finish asap.

Please respond.

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Subject:    Call?
Date:    Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:30:08 -0500 (07/04/11 11:30:08 AM)

Can you give me a call @ 630 today on skype?  Thanks

--

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
(918) 919-4624

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject:    Re: Call?
Date:    Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:40:28 -0500 (07/04/11 12:40:28 PM)

Can we do 630 mine?

On 4/7/11, The Fiat Free Zone <thefiatfreezone@gmail.com> wrote:
> 6:30 my time or yours?
>
> --
> Love is given -> never earned.
> Trust is earned -> never given.
>
> The Fiat Free Zone
> https://www.thefiatfreezone.com
> Skype: thefiatfreezone
>
>
> On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 13:30 -0500, Anthony Papillion wrote:
>> Can you give me a call @ 630 today on skype?  Thanks
>>
>
>

--

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
(918) 919-4624

Date:    Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:42:47 -0700

6:30 my time or yours?

--

The Fiat Free Zone
Date:    Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:31:59 -0700

Sounds good ... I'm -8, your -6 correct (2 hour difference)

--

The Fiat Free Zone

In here I tried to call 5 times and left 1 or two voice mails

Subject:    termination of contract
Date:    Thu, 07 Apr 2011 18:36:10 -0700

Anthony,

Unfortunately, as this has taken so long, a week now, and you have not communicated with me (and generally don't), I have no choice but to terminate this contract.

I understand, if what you stated is true, that you have family issues to resolve, however, the rest of the world does not stop because of that.  Hence if there was any reason that your personal matters would have interfered with business, you should have stated so immediately, refunded all money, and allowed me to move to another vendor.

In the future when you tell someone that a simply xhtml 1.1 template shouldn't take a professional to long, perhaps you should explain what your definition of 'to long' is.  Since everyone I have talk with others in regards to this, and they have stated it shouldn't take more that a few hours, I will go with that.

Since you continuously state one thing then do another, I have no further choice but to 'bite the money you owe me' as you would bill me for the work that you have clearly not done or shown any proof of even upon request.

I will at this point simply tell the forums of your work ethics, or lack there of.

I do hope that your family issues are resolved expediently.

Good luck.

--

The Fiat Free Zone

Subject:    Refund
Date:    Thu, 7 Apr 2011 20:57:15 -0500 (07/04/11 06:57:15 PM)

Your money will be refunded within 24 hours in full.

--

Anthony Papillion
Lead Developer / Owner
(918) 919-4624

===========================================================================================================

Want any more logs ... I have tones of system logs and parsed data .. etc ... just ask
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 03:27:46 AM

http://centregold.com/

seemed sketchy when i got this email:

"We haven't been able to verify your recent order. Please send us copies of the following documents to our fax +1 (888) 528-3880 or our e-mail cg@centregold.ca at your earliest convenience:
- A copy of your Photo ID (Drivers License, Passport, State ID, Military ID, Student ID, Medical Insurance Card or other forms of identification).
- A copy of your recent Utility Bill clearly showing your phone nubmer.
- A copy of both sides of your Credit Card, which you have used to place an order with us.
- A copy of your recent Credit Card Statement for the credit card you have used to place an order with us.

Upon receipt of your documents, we will review your order and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for using Centregold!

Sincerely,
Centregold
www.centregold.ca
(Where speed and quality merge)
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
April 26, 2011, 04:42:42 AM

I've successfully used Centregold before.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: