Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:13:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3321 times)
balamuda

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:19:18 PM

My strategy is to buy and then hold when the market falls, and at a better price I will sell it, it is my way to benefit from price changes in the crypto market.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:23:07 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
This is a good strategy to make money but definitely not a good strategy to grow the bitcoins.But I am also wonders how you will know this is going to be the ATH of your coin before FOMO takes over.My strategy on the crypto currency investment is holding too longer and will sell some once I reached enough profits.
prukerohen

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:34:54 PM

My strategy is simply hodling, that's why I choose to invest in coins that I strongly believe in and know that they will give me more value for my money in a near future.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:40:57 PM

Holding until the market recovers; and buying opportunistically.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
CottonGuy

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:44:18 PM

When it comes to hodling you need to know the perfect time to cash out. Greed will eat out your investments if you still wish that the value of the crypto will still increase. My strategy is, during very good market performance or bullish market I always cash out or convert half of my portfolio into fiat then wait for a huge dip and then purchase some more for a desired target profit. We need to have a goal for our investments so that there will be good results. Be always mindful of the fluctuations of the market and possible loss of value to certain cryptocurrency.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:44:32 PM

My investment strategy is investing long term until the coin reach the target price I have set.

OP, I am curious to know how do you determine the ATH to sell your coins?
butterflies04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:54:26 PM

I'm now getting into Bitcoin to ride the initial wave up.  When I think the alts are looking like they want to pop I'm going to jump off Bitcoin and into alts.  When the alts look high I'm going to Jump into Tether,  When the crash happens back into Bitcoin.  What could go wrong. 

Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:00:44 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
Market is a really tricky place. I don't have a plan to be honest. I am selling when I see that price is more or less high. It can go down or high at any moment, you can not predict it for 100%. So, I am not taking a risk. If a price is low, I am just holding till the better days.
noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:06:26 PM

My investment strategy is investing long term until the coin reach the target price I have set.

OP, I am curious to know how do you determine the ATH to sell your coins?
I dont fix prices to sell my coins because I dont know if or when they would reach that price. And that is why I'm fixing sell time with an ATH. Wouldnt you know when you were in an ATH? Its simple, its the highest price the coin has ever been. For instance if btc rallies all the way to 15k, I wouldnt sell because the ATH is ~20k, but if I wake up tomorrow and see it at 21k, I'll sell it and wait. Now dont get me wrong, it might go up to even 30k after I sold, and I might be a little pissed, but I will wait for when it falls back to say 12k and buy again.

The current price range of btc is the actual current price because it has been on that range for a while. Even if a bullish run comes ahead and shoots it up to 30k, it might remain there for 2 weeks or so, but eventually it would wobble down to its equilibrium price which by then might be 12k. So it stays at 12k for like 5 or 6 months or maybe even only 1 month before another rally comes ahead and drives it up to say, 50k. Then it corrects again and this process continues until one day we wake up and find btc's equilibrium price to be 30k. But there would be some glorious Highs and painful Lows before that time.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:07:37 PM

I like to sell coins when they have already pumped too much. I usually see those coins plummet, so I sell them before.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:16:09 PM

For me, I normally investment when the market is going up, once i buy then I will set my sell order, as market goes up, I will keep adjusting it, I will keep doing that until I sell of, once I sell of, I will set my buy order below.
omedian

Activity: 265

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:51:03 PM

I think many investors act this way: sell when the market is going up, buy when the prices are low enough and HODL when the market is flat. It seems to be a relatively easy and reliable strategy.

MrBAU

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:54:14 PM

I think many investors act this way: sell when the market is going up, buy when the prices are low enough and HODL when the market is flat. It seems to be a relatively easy and reliable strategy.
The majority and the truth adhere to this strategy, since it is the simplest and most effective. In this strategy, the main thing is to be able to sell and buy in time.

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:55:02 PM

What is your system?

Everyone has his own strategy, which comes with experience, the main thing is to be confident and cool and stick to the plan.

taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1730

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:25:05 PM

What is your system?

Everyone has his own strategy, which comes with experience, the main thing is to be confident and cool and stick to the plan.
sometimes all is not according to plan. . psychic will be played when all markets are unstable. As you say, experience is important. just choose a suitable strategy, Scalping, Mid-term, Longterm or HODL.

noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:42:57 AM

Exactly, its simplicity is what I admire the most. Yet it is quite sophisticated once you can hold your horses in the face of uncertainty, which the crypto space is known for. Like DaVinci said, Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
MariaOzawaa

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:50:59 AM

Yes, I have the same idea as you. I think this market will definitely pick up again, so I still hold my coins. Although I have lost a lot of money at the moment, I still won’t be moved to panic. I believe that as long as I keep enough Patience, in the end I can make huge profits from this market.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 12:56:17 AM

precisely when all the coins in the market are crashing, I have not dared to decide to buy. my strategy is, waiting for a few coins to show an increase, then I buy to hold it. because that will give way that coins will rise higher. but if it still stays and has not shown an increase at all, it's better not to buy.
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:59:30 AM

Yes, I have the same idea as you. I think this market will definitely pick up again, so I still hold my coins. Although I have lost a lot of money at the moment, I still won’t be moved to panic. I believe that as long as I keep enough Patience, in the end I can make huge profits from this market.
That's impressive, you're one of the strong ones. I wish you more strength and goodluck.
Fishthatgirl3

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:03:08 AM

How do you spot an ATH is the point?
Will it be the last peak or will it go up more and you miss a chance to get rich. Sometimes you need to have both strategies for long term and short term. So you wont miss a great train of becoming rich.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: