Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3340 times)
Colan Zolo

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:18:13 AM

precisely when all the coins in the market are crashing, I have not dared to decide to buy. my strategy is, waiting for a few coins to show an increase, then I buy to hold it. because that will give way that coins will rise higher. but if it still stays and has not shown an increase at all, it's better not to buy.

A pretty good idea, but this requires a strong instinct to take a stand. The argument must be strong and more restrained for the coin situation to come down and must be calm to get better development.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Trail22

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:28:48 AM

I don't have a specific strategy in this investment, I only do what I should do. I will hold back when prices are low and sell when prices are high. yes that's all.
diazen

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:34:16 AM

I think investor should hold their coin in the fluctuation situation of market currently.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:56:01 AM

Well, such as nice question that I also feel confused and curious about the answers form most bictointalk member. I myself has simple strategy. I will analyze more the coins that are appropriate for holding that have the products. Then, I will choose the right coins for trading that have very unstable price.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:59:12 AM

Well, such as nice question that I also feel confused and curious about the answers form most bictointalk member. I myself has simple strategy. I will analyze more the coins that are appropriate for holding that have the products. Then, I will choose the right coins for trading that have very unstable price.

just to be honest, I don't have any strategy that uaed in holding or seing the coins. I just need an riht timing. yeah. example ia when the market is on color red, it is obvious that we need to hold only. it is a common sense if we sell it in the low price. so we need only to hold and we have to set a price target to get what price we want to achieve.
noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 11:56:40 PM

Thank you all for the replies, we've all been learning a lot. Lets keep the ideas flowing! Smiley Smiley
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:20:34 AM

just to be honest, I don't have any strategy that uaed in holding or seing the coins. I just need an riht timing. yeah. example ia when the market is on color red, it is obvious that we need to hold only. it is a common sense if we sell it in the low price. so we need only to hold and we have to set a price target to get what price we want to achieve.
Buy or hold investors still need to take price fluctuations into account, and they must pay attention ongoing performance. Naturally, the price at which you invest affects the potential profits you'll make from its sale. So it makes sense to buy a price you believe is reasonable. While you hold it's also important to watch for signs that your investment isn't going the direction you planned.
Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:27:46 AM

I won’t really say I’m an investor but my strategy is very simple and plain

I sell the huge pumps and buy te dumps
In other words, but the rumour and when the news comes around. Do ensure to sell the news and take in your profit

Iykecollins
Copper Member

Activity: 376

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:33:34 AM

I won’t really say I’m an investor but my strategy is very simple and plain

I sell the huge pumps and buy te dumps
In other words, but the rumour and when the news comes around. Do ensure to sell the news and take in your profit

Awesome strategy, though it has its cons, employ this also but always have a stop loss target in case it goes otherwise

Hypnosis00

Activity: 2394
Merit: 342

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:15:44 AM

My strategy for holding is to just keep it away from my hot funds and that is by having a hardware wallet or a cold storage which is very effective for me because i don't feel any needs of pulling out my fund since it is separated from the hot funds and i keep it on a safe place outside my room so i will feel lazy if i am going to use my hardware wallet.
Myhunh

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 02:25:22 AM

I have stocks and bonds
my strategy goes the same way.
buy when the price is low-when people is dumping, its risky but select a few that has potential or simply dirt cheap
sell when the price is higher when you bought around 10% is enough.
the idea is to circulate, buy and sell as much as possible.
That's a lot of work but it lowers the risks of holding when the market is unpredictable.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:21:00 AM

When we make huge profit in crypto like 10 times profit, we should be withdraw half of the profit in to fiat. Lock profit in to fiat is should be and we also should have target profit . Avoid greedy and not patient because this emotional only bring us to big loss. Make better portfolio of investment and fiat should be more than 50% and never put all money in to crypto.
Crypto.Expert

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:33:19 AM

This is the two strategy to which it is the good combination, holding when the price is still cheap and selling if its increase.
guangzhouta

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:43:31 AM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
My strategy is quite simple. I buy in the coisn is low and sell them in a reasonable high price. And the key for my way is do not be too greedy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:59:52 AM

My new strategy after getting completely destroyed in this latest bear market is to start buying ALT coins now.  Wait for the next peak (over 1 trillion) and then get into tether and wait for the great bear again.  Rinse repeat. 
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:32:14 AM

My strategy is to hold when the value of it, in the market can’t make me profitable enough in this business and sell it when the time comes that the value of it, is in the high amount or price.
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:35:46 AM

As my strategy on selling I'll wait the signal if the coin is pumping and means profitable for me i will sell it and when market is down i will hold it for a while and wait the until the market recover.
udocoin

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:01:18 PM

The best system I been using is to buy at the low then sail with the ship to a reasonable profit,but one key factor here is one has to be smart immediately I got my capital and little profit am good
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:14:54 PM

Well most in the community are doing the same, They would sure buy on an All time low and sell on the All time high, Rinse and repeat, Very simple strategy for a hodler, But there are some who surely risk they even sell on an ATL because they only believe that the price will surely drop, Well I really think there are no other system on how you can properly Buy and sell on the market of Cryptocurrency.

That is only for people who really understand the cycles and how the price of bitcoin is influenced by news and other situations, if you try to do that uninformed, your cash will go down the drains.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Wuraola

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

To me, what I do most time is selling once the coin hit a big exchange... Because, the more you hold the more the possibility to to lose and the more the possibility to gain... So if you can't risk it or in need of quick money... U can just sell it off.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: