Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3340 times)
noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:44:19 PM

To me, what I do most time is selling once the coin hit a big exchange... Because, the more you hold the more the possibility to to lose and the more the possibility to gain... So if you can't risk it or in need of quick money... U can just sell it off.
This works for bounty hunters and airdrops that eventually make it to exchanges. The main focus here is on coins you actually bought, usually coins that have real use and are more established. Not just shitcoins
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:56:22 PM

bump!
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:58:27 PM

i dont care about the other person nor people holding any coins.
this is me and i will tell what i do...
i just hold the token or coins if i am not getting to the price i want.
yeah, there is a dump and fall.
though i will still hold, the best thing to do is to buy more at low.
then hold it again.
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:00:52 PM

i dont care about the other person nor people holding any coins.
this is me and i will tell what i do...
i just hold the token or coins if i am not getting to the price i want.
yeah, there is a dump and fall.
though i will still hold, the best thing to do is to buy more at low.
then hold it again.
Yeah buying more of a solid coin when low always is a good idea. You just need to hold as long as you can
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:13:53 PM

I will use all strategies depending on the current market situation. holding for coins that will potentially rise. selling for coins that have reached a certain price and already profit.
all strategies are very important as our attention to investment. not just aiming at one. because we have to prepare various plans
Yeah, thats also true. Backup plans are important
senopratama

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:23:55 PM

Depending on what is owned. When it has good potential in the long run then it is resistant only to get great results. But if you have a team that's not too good then just selling to get results before not too precious. but of course, everyone has a view on each.

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
V1lpu

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:45:52 PM

Holding if you don't get what's going on. Amateurs massive selling their deposits just to buy more tokens again for the lower price. There are many strategies for different type of player on this market.

Twitter  - | -  Facebook  - | -  LinkeedIn  -          🎋 Bamboo - Insurance for Everyone          -  YouTube  - | -  Instagram  - | -  Bitcointalk
Innovative, borderless and free health and medical insurance on blockchain.
We're here to eradicate the health protection gap and empower people to feel better and live longer.
krishnaverma
hacker

Activity: 1330
Merit: 106

Available for rent

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:53:08 PM

If you have a job or a business that keeps you occupied, just buy some good coins and hold for years.

You will never get the time to mange a lot of coins and follow news related to all of them. Finally, you will get irritated when you will not be able to make the right decisions on time. If you have lot of free time, then only think of frequent trades.

Signature available for rent
budiarmed
Copper Member

Activity: 381
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:59:37 PM

My current strategy is holding to avoid losses due to low selling, and to sell I will wait for prices to stabilize, and I will be patient waiting for everything to stabilize.

───[ PointGenieCoin ]───
─────────────[  ⭐ ⭐ Make money with your Social Media Content ⭐ ⭐  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    INSTAGRAM    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:05:58 AM

My strategy is to buy during a dip and sell them when their prices are high. It may sound simple but sometimes it cause me to stress out, like this rough times we are into. Make sure you hold the right alts though.
arkholding

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:08:45 AM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
I believe in one funda ... just dont panic , HODL and earn
berezov_petro

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:18:40 AM

Now the crypto market is in such a situation that it is difficult to predict which coin will succeed. I think most people are now using the HODL strategy. You need to get patience, wait a bit and crypt again the market will go up.

dwwbit

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 10:19:30 AM

It's too hard to predict good time to sell or buy Smiley. I think you should sell when you already got profit from your holding Smiley. If you still wanna get more then you'll lose everything easily Smiley. Market dump and pump very quickly those recent days so don't try to do anything too risky.
You are not alone, I'm also in having same thinking pattern. selling time is when you think now the profit is enough for me Smiley  
For example, if you brought some WABI from ICO and still holding for more profits or you brought some recent ICO or bought from an exchange (OLT, Autonomy  etc) and those are still dumping hard  Sad

noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:02:08 PM

If you have a job or a business that keeps you occupied, just buy some good coins and hold for years.

You will never get the time to mange a lot of coins and follow news related to all of them. Finally, you will get irritated when you will not be able to make the right decisions on time. If you have lot of free time, then only think of frequent trades.
Yeah I hear you. Its always easier to hodl when there is a main source of income other than crypto
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:04:19 PM

Keep waiting for the market to fall and buy potential altcoin at the lowest price that it can achieve by dividing the investment capital for each landmark. After buying Altcoin, we will wait for the market to recover.
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:06:19 PM

Keep waiting for the market to fall and buy potential altcoin at the lowest price that it can achieve by dividing the investment capital for each landmark. After buying Altcoin, we will wait for the market to recover.

The market is pretty much in shit right now, so no better time to buy than now
Beabtc11

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

Well most in the community are doing the same, They would sure buy on an All time low and sell on the All time high, Rinse and repeat, Very simple strategy for a hodler, But there are some who surely risk they even sell on an ATL because they only believe that the price will surely drop, Well I really think there are no other system on how you can properly Buy and sell on the market of Cryptocurrency.

I totally agree with you mate. Simple strategy of buy coins at low price and sell coins at high price. But we can't predict totally which coins are very promising and that can assure you that it will pump in the future. Investment in cryptocurrency is very risky. Sometimes you can be panic of what had happened in the crypto market with your coin that's why sometimes you will do panic selling.
AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:19:32 PM

It is the main question for everyone in our community.
Of course, the strategy depends on market behaviour. Look for the trend line (and other markers like bollinger bands) and draw conclusions.
If you see that value of crypto goes down about 5%, exit from this market.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:21:55 PM

I agree that it is very difficult to choose the time for a successful purchase or sale of coins.  You also need to deal with the syndrome of lost profit.  I have many examples when I sold or bought at the wrong time.  But I try not to think about it.  At the moment my strategy is hold.
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:22:24 PM

I did not work out any of my strategies so far, because there is still little experience
But I know that profits need to be fixed, not to be greedy
Someone else's theory is interesting to me, I read))

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: