Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 07:04:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3321 times)
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:26:21 AM

The strategy that I run for this time holds, because this is not the time for sales at very low prices, only the losses I will get, I will wait until the price rises even though it takes a long time.
The same thing as I did, there was no other choice for me to deal with the current market situation. Surviving and being patient is a step to keep the hope of success. A few hours ago the market began to look up, but at this time there was a decline again, it really tested patience.
noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:22:04 AM

The strategy that I run for this time holds, because this is not the time for sales at very low prices, only the losses I will get, I will wait until the price rises even though it takes a long time.
The same thing as I did, there was no other choice for me to deal with the current market situation. Surviving and being patient is a step to keep the hope of success. A few hours ago the market began to look up, but at this time there was a decline again, it really tested patience.
Yeah, its really, really testing our patience. But we're strong!
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:48:06 AM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?

Mine is similar to yours, though we all want to buy the bottom there is always the fact that we cannot predict for sure how the market is going to turn out so that way it is best to just hold through it all. When I buy the coins,I buy them with the mindset that I am not selling off any of it until I see another all time high of the coins, that is only when I sell.
noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:02:14 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?

Mine is similar to yours, though we all want to buy the bottom there is always the fact that we cannot predict for sure how the market is going to turn out so that way it is best to just hold through it all. When I buy the coins,I buy them with the mindset that I am not selling off any of it until I see another all time high of the coins, that is only when I sell.
Yeah exactly!!
CriptoNata

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:11:32 PM

Now I try to acquire as much as possible coins as much as possible in order to keep & hold it, in the future for about 6 months
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:17:31 PM

Basically, buy low, hodl, sell high. This is a basic strategy of all traders in the markets.

Personally choose a good coins on the top listed coins, then buy while the price are in reds/dips, mostly in bear season. Then hodl it for a while, until you see that the coin price rise from the price you bought, then sell.
Alex09012004

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:19:07 PM

If i have chosen some coin and i believe in its potential, then i prefer just to hodl it. I don't try to trade because i am not good on it.
Yolikerum

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:16:01 PM

When we make immense benefit in crypto like 10 times benefit, we ought to be pull back portion of the benefit in to fiat. Secure benefit to fiat is ought to be and we likewise ought to have target benefit . Maintain a strategic distance from insatiable and not persistent in light of the fact that this enthusiastic just bring us to huge misfortune. Improve arrangement of speculation and fiat ought to be over half and never put all cash in to crypto.
cherepashkis

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:18:03 PM

I invest in new promising altcoins that can give a big profit in a short time.
gregor0708

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:25:07 PM

my strategy is to hold. In the long term, this is a winning strategy. If you use day trading - you can lose money
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:28:37 PM

What is your system?

Are you sure you buy at ATH? What guarantee do you have that you can gain profit by buying at the highest price? Maybe you don't care about profit and just buying it anytime you like.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Jgatsby

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

Pretty kewl right?

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:34:36 PM

I think my strategy is just like everyone else, aside from the bounty rewards I'm getting, I'm buying low value coins and sell it when the prices went high, though as much as possible I always try not to be so greedy. If I think the profit is good enough, I never hesitate to sell my coins.

Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:37:26 PM

Patience is the key to profit. I think it`s best to put everything you have left on hold. I put everything on hold for 5 years. I really believe that`s the right strategy, and that in the future the prizes become skyhigh. I enjoy the ride!

This is also my goal, to hold more good coins and sold it when its on the new peak. Well, right now I’m buying great coins though its just a small amount of money but I know it will be more worth it in the future. People should start planting their seeds now and wait for the harvest time.
KodyAaron

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:45:10 PM

What is your system?
Well my strategy of holding or selling is firstly to be smart enough to choose my coins. I have Paragon, Stellar and Cardano right now. These are great coins for holding. I shall hold them till the value rises which is going to happen very soon.
MontagueEugene

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:58:40 PM

What is your system?
Well not a very strategic move but yes, I shall hold my coins. LAMDEN, STELLAR AND POWER HOUSE for some time till their value is definite to rise. Once it happens, I shall sell some of them at a high price.
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:51:33 PM

After the last events with the crypto market personally I have made the conclusion that it is better to trade and after that go into the USDT to hold - it is the most profitable variant.
angrybirdy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:04:35 PM

if you see any opportunities like this month which every altcoins drop their prices, almost 10-15%, its better to buy at dip, and hold it until their price will go back to normal state. it will take long enough but it will be worth it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
elcezireex

Activity: 532
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:12:30 PM

I follow news about cryptocurrency not just for english also china russia this is very important. Follow news and speculations. I invest to ICO's and join the bounties after that follow ICO's road and team for hodling or selling. in Market, again i follow the team and development about software or something. If I see wrong things I sell half of my coins and repeat. I hodl top of coins definitely one year.
youngmobi

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:16:01 PM

For me i don't see any reason i will sell my coin after receiving it why because it might fall and i will loss my money the answer is no. Thats not the way it's done hodl and enjoy that's whats i need to say.
dadanpradana

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:09:28 PM

everyone might average trading tricks like that.
if you want to profit from your trading on cryptocurrency then you need time to read the market,

I can't predict the market because the market is always different from time to time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: