Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:00:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3319 times)
ajdar.muxin.79

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:28:18 AM

Selling won't get any benefits right now. You can for sure, sell everything, cut your loses and wait for better times. But you won't be able to buy the same amount of coins for that price in the nearest future. Just hodl and believe  Grin
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:37:02 AM

For me I don't have much strategy for hodling and selling I only watch the market volume and sell it if its needed because if you have strategy it give you profit if you hodl and also in selling but for me it still the same and not needed to put effort and strategy.  
I guess holding is not a strategy but a sort of natural act ? because if you buy a coin you are not going to sell it right away and you will hold it for a span of time. Long term holding for me is very beneficial because the market is bouncing or fluctuating so there are times when the price is low and high, time for perfect  selling is when the price is increasing.

Matteo.b

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:38:34 AM

Plans are very important to do some works, add some strategy to make sure it will works and succeed. And always read some information regarding for holding and selling. Keep Updating the news upon market exchange.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:42:21 AM

If you set an option you should plan ahead of time. There's a lot of things that you need to cope up on how you would hold. Sometimes you eagerly sell if you needed it. But holding is very effective if you wish to get a big bags of alts and solt all of them on bull run.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:44:40 AM

We all do the same. But the time to act might be doesnt the same as we might have to in when to buy and to sell. If you wait to low it might not go that low as you predict. When you want to sell when will the right time to sell so you will not lose. I just sell it at the time im profit so i never regret to lose when it dump again. People always greed when to come with pump high.the wait till it drop back. So to me it was just a waste. Just sell it when it pump up.
anggaem

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 11:48:25 AM

hodl is like investment no matter price going up or down i will hodl it .
and for sell i will sell it if i think i get profit

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:50:13 AM

My strategy is simple, Hold during the dip and buy more, Sell during the pump.

Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:54:11 AM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?

HODLing definitely a good idea right now. A lot of serious companies have started looking at blockchain with regards to supply chain, manufactaring, business intelligence and so on. Just spread out and also put a some money on very low market caps like bigbom, bridge, lendingblock, hacken, signals.. and so on
mainthread

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:18:39 PM

I think that it is impossible to determine the maximum and minimum price levels. If you are an investor, the best solution is to be patient and wait for your time. When an investor starts to play a trade, it often ends in sadness. I think, to begin with, everyone must understand for himself who he is.
Wend

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:18:53 PM

My strategy for now is to hold some of our coins we have in wallet, Because the prices of the coins are so low of price and if we sell our coins maybe it will going to low of profit we receive or else we lose on we sell to low of price.

Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:22:46 PM

If you set an option you should plan ahead of time. There's a lot of things that you need to cope up on how you would hold. Sometimes you eagerly sell if you needed it. But holding is very effective if you wish to get a big bags of alts and solt all of them on bull run.

This is a solid answer, yes it depends on the situation of a person if someone is desperately looking for money they sell it. Similarly if they don't want to sell kindly plan for long-term and you can expect a good return.
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:36:10 PM

I only hold the coins because I think that it is more reasonable than to trade if not well versed in trading and the prospects for them are great in the long-term period !

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:44:26 PM

Usually I will set my own take profit and stop loss points before investing in any project. When I reach the price, I will sell them!

89shaky

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:53:54 PM

I have such a strategy for buying and selling coins: I buy a coin, which I consider promising, wait for its price growth, sell it, and then, when the price drops again, I buy myself the number of coins that I had initially. So I make a profit and save valuable coin.
xiaoY

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 12:58:21 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
Everyone wants to know when to buy when to sell. These two things have been plaguing everyone, so there are a variety of ways to create them. These methods are now collectively referred to as trading techniques. So if you really want to learn to trade, then you have to learn these skills.

Maryshka91

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:04:28 PM

The retention strategy is the most profitable because you do not need to think where the price will go tomorrow, just keep and wait

██████
██████████
██████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████ ██████  ██████████████
█████████     ████     ███████████████
█████████         ████       ███████  ████████
█████████             ████         ██████    █████████
█████████             ████             ██████    █████████
██████                ████               ██████      █████
█████                 ████                ███████    █████
█████               ██████        ████████████████   █████
█████               █████   ██████████████   ██████  █████
█████               ████████████████          █████  █████
█████             ██████████                   █████ █████
█████           ██████                          ██████████
█████         ██████                             █████████
█████       ██████                                ████████
█████     ██████                                  ████████
█████   ██████                                     ███████
█████ ██████                                        ██████
██████████                                          ██████
████████                                            ██████
██████                                              ██████
███████                                            ███████
█████████                                    █████████
█████████                                █████████
█████████                        █████████
█████████                █████████
█████████        █████████
█████████    █████████
██████████████
██████
BISTOX
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD
WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER

██████████
  ████      ████
████  ▄▄▄▄    ████
██   ██▀▀▀      ██
██  ██          ██
██              ██
████          ████
  ████      ████
    ██████████    ██
                ██████
                  ██████
                    ████
TRANSPARENT
                ██▄
            █████▀▀██
          ████      ██▄
        ████        ████
      ████         ▄██
    ██████  ▄████████▀
  ████  ██ ▄██    ██
████    █████   ███▄
██      ▀▀▀       ██
██              ███▄
██                ██
██████████████████▀
CUSTOMER FRIENDLY

▄███▄
██   ██
▀█████▀
███████████
████       ████
████    ██     ████
██      ██       ██
██      ████████ ██
██               ██
████           ████
████       ████
███████████
FAST
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:50:06 PM

as for me I dont have one strategy, sometime I choose coins for long holding, some for trading, some people now trading very successfuly, I wish to learn it)
anamie

Activity: 485
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:10:48 PM

I think the common strategy for everyone is buying coins in a cheaper and sell it when its rise, but for me holding coins is good for those people that had enough money and patience since we didn't know if how long the coins that you bought is rising.
musdafakfl

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:12:52 PM

I usually prefer to do hodl because I'm an investor who likes to make long-term investments. Of course I also do buy-sell transactions from time to time, but I want to mention that many of the trades are long-term and hence the hold is a must. It is also a fact that short-term hodl transactions, whether short-, medium- or long-term, are profitable.
neths29

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:16:02 PM

Since I know that market is sleeping my strategy to make profit is to hold , and buy some tokens that been affected by the low trend in market. This will gaurantee a good profit when the market come back .

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: