Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:26:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3342 times)
Wellyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:22:51 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
the strategy that I will go for the road is that I will sell all the coins that I have with when the price goes up I will sell and at a low price I will buy and save it first
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:30:20 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
the strategy that I will go for the road is that I will sell all the coins that I have with when the price goes up I will sell and at a low price I will buy and save it first
It depends how the value how could it be, if I noticed that it has a chances to grow more then wait for a couple months and if not then go with the profit, have a savings and try to buy another potential coin.
guimoanthony

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:31:33 PM

If I will buy when the price drops, and hold it until the price rises. I will sell it when the price is high and have already benefited from the coin.
uwatere

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:33:42 PM

In my opinion when low prices are our opportunity to buy, when the high price of our parts to sell so that we will get a lot of profit, of course this will be more beneficial for us all. Smiley Wink
alexandrealdeguer

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:36:28 PM

The best strategy to do right now, to gain much income in the currenct market is hold your token and sell it in a high price. Selling now is not a good idea because it will result to low income and I think its better to buy now than sell now.
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:57:12 PM

If I will buy when the price drops, and hold it until the price rises. I will sell it when the price is high and have already benefited from the coin.
I would also do so, like right now. Price is very down and big crypto currencies are very cheap to buy and get to your wallet. I'm sure next year will be better and we can all sell on a profit. Sure, it can take very long to reach significant better prices.

Smiley Smiley
CoinCowgirl

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:59:59 PM

I`m a long-term holder. I have learned from the pass. I hold all my cryptocurrency and don`t sell any. Even my tokens are on hold. For at least 5 years.
I believe in the near future the prizes become skyhigh again.
masterchief001

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:01:48 AM

When I invested in the cryptographic market I found out all the difficulties and complexities. Getting rich depends not only on knowledge, but also on the good fortune that comes with you. I need a smarter strategy to face the sudden drop in electronic money.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:02:50 AM

I have been hodling most of my coins though this huge correction in most coins and tokens is a lesson to take some profits when prices go high next time and have some dry powder to buy at such firesale prices.
missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:03:29 AM

What is your system?

I think you should be observant to the cycle of the market, it doesn't always mean that you should buy at the low price and sell in the high price. But you should look at the holistic point of view for the long term process. Decide for the best not only for yourself.
cryptonx

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

Futurov

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:08:16 AM

I`m a long-term holder. I have learned from the pass. I hold all my cryptocurrency and don`t sell any. Even my tokens are on hold. For at least 5 years.
I believe in the near future the prizes become skyhigh again.

nice and good strategy for long term hold,, because cryptocurrencies is good for long term investments,,
for example bitcoin, ethereum and others great cryptocurrencies,, they came in crypto industries with low price but in few years later the price was growing hardly,,
i know at this moment the market is red,, but doesn't meaning if this is the end
just hold and buy more what you believe it  Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
97percent

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:25:01 AM

The strategy that I am currently applying is to buy the best coins and then hold them. I don't know how long I will hold them. for some coins, I will hold it in the long run. Every coin has a different level of ability. For those whose growth is slow, but as long as they have a consistent development, in the future they will be able to become coins of high value. At that time, the profits from sales will be even greater.

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
Qubit_bmw

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:27:38 AM

Mine is similar to yours, though we all want to buy the bottom there is always the fact that we cannot predict for sure how the market is going to turn out so that way it is best to just hold through it all. When I buy the coins,I buy them with the mindset that I am not selling off any of it until I see another all time high of the coins, that is only when I sell.
__phil___

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:30:42 AM

Mine is different than you and it's very simple, I don't have time to monitor crypto market, so I can't become a day trader, then I only buy at lower price and then hold it, even price increase 50%, I won't sell it and buy again when price dip again, my target is profit at least x5 (buy in price), if not I just holding and wait again
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:15:00 AM

I dont have too much strategy because i am just buying coin or token and hold it. My plan when to sell my coin is when the price looks profitable to me at least x3 from the price i bought
flyintheworld94

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:03:15 AM

Mine is different than you and it's very simple, I don't have time to monitor crypto market, so I can't become a day trader, then I only buy at lower price and then hold it, even price increase 50%, I won't sell it and buy again when price dip again, my target is profit at least x5 (buy in price), if not I just holding and wait again
bo-gossedu

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:17:57 AM

My strategy for holding is to just keep it away from my hot funds and that is by having a hardware wallet or a cold storage which is very effective for me because i don't feel any needs of pulling out my fund since it is separated from the hot funds and i keep it on a safe place outside my room so i will feel lazy if i am going to use my hardware wallet.
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:18:11 AM

What is your system?
The current market conditions have caused a lot of losses, and there are still few left, and decided to continue to hold those tokens.
onirecon2018

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:26:47 AM

Everyone knows the principle of buying low, but most sell in this market. The principle that not everyone obey is to cut holes, when the alt increase, then think it increases again, when it drops then think it will increase again. Actually not many people accept cut loss, which is wrong in this market. My principle is to be willing to cut losses when the market is bad.
emmanuellelenoble

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:32:25 AM

Is there a simple way to know if bitcoin is on its all-time high? Can you share some indicator? I know that it will need technical analysis, but a way to start is a great reply.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: