Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will change, like PayPal did?  (Read 384 times)
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 01:59:38 AM

hmm, i like this topic, i think bitcoin transfer fee right now is low, but there are many transaction in this world about bitcoin, so the priority is very important right now if we want to spend much fee i think the transaction will confirmed in fast way, if we use the small fee i think our transaction will need some tome

Even if you do priority transaction fees are very low, they cost around 20 cents.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShiftLocker

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:53:01 AM

bitcoin will definitely changed but in a good way hopefully cause it already has a very good position but if the market fall then things can be changed so it cannot be ensure now
indayburakday012

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:57:47 AM

--==<  http://prntscr.com/kfd3d4 >==--

You know, when companies start out, they make these FREE forever promises and then they grow into multinational

companies with profit driven goals and all of this amounts to lies. Satoshi promised us "cheaper" transactions... Are we still

trying to honour that promise or will we turn into another PayPal?

Just reminder that we are supposed to be different than our competitors. Right?
Well maybe both that we could be use or turn into another Paypal but it could be cheaper than paypal. Anyway wether cheaper transactions to be happen or not the important thing is that cryptocurrency or the bitcoin should be incorporated with other system and get an optimal use of cryptocurrency make it as way for advancement to a certain technology or a project being incorporated.
Dopedealer

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:01:27 AM

I don't think bitcoin will become as the same PayPal or companies with profit, bitcoin develop and decide base on users.
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:07:45 AM

You know, when companies start out, they make these FREE forever promises and then they grow into multinational

companies with profit driven goals and all of this amounts to lies. Satoshi promised us "cheaper" transactions... Are we still

May be. We cannot predict anything now. Lets just hope for the best Smiley

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:07:57 AM

hmm, i like this topic, i think bitcoin transfer fee right now is low, but there are many transaction in this world about bitcoin, so the priority is very important right now if we want to spend much fee i think the transaction will confirmed in fast way, if we use the small fee i think our transaction will need some tome

Even if you do priority transaction fees are very low, they cost around 20 cents.

Currently, bitcoin transaction fees are low because transactions are not that high but we had seen last year transaction fees were sky high and some exchanges like XAPO was charging more than $100 per transactions. Many small people small amounts was stuck in their wallets for many months.

Not sure whether bitcoin can become like a PayPal because currently many countries are not accepted bitcoins so don't know how many years need to wait for that to happen.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:30:50 AM

I don't think that bitcoin will change. In the Q4 of last and early this early, bitcoin has high transaction fees. Which many people think it was crazy. But now there's lightning network which help bitcoin scalability and speed. Also I believed that there will be more development for bitcoin transaction speed in the future.
Danimore

Activity: 294
Merit: 123

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 04:39:03 AM

when bitcoin becomes a central cryptocurrency for all altcoins and if it is considered to be a gold asset, we will get cheaper transactions from alternative tools with reasonable fees.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
kujaroth

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:39:23 AM

We don't know yet. But there is always that possibility. I mean that there will always be change no matter what. It could be good or bad depending on how the outcome will be or how we the community views of that.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:56:40 AM

Another PayPal, but unlike PayPal. PayPal uses fiat money to make transactions, but bitcoin is different from that.

PayPal only has one function, which is an online credit card that covers all countries, but bitcoin can be used as a payment system throughout the country but other functions, bitcoin can be used as an investment place.

Regarding payment fees, I can say developers still need a process to make it real.
MatthewNaccarato

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:18:43 AM

Changing some for good is always appreciated and i believe that if bitcoin would change or modified something then definitely that would be for the welfare of us.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:51:04 AM

bitcoin is not a company that you are comparing it with one and it is not promising anything, it is what it is. a decentralized payment network that has certain characteristics. and people (the peers) are on this network because of those characteristics and if those characteristics go away then those peers will also go away.

for example decentralization is one thing that everyone would agree that if it goes away everyone would also go away with it.
cheap transaction fees is another one. people will not stick around if fees go up and stay up because one important characteristic of bitcoin would die and that is being a currency. and without it there is no point staying around in my opinion. not that you should not confuse a spam attack higher fees with natural high fees because of lack of capacity.

Only Bitcoin
marcosfx

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:30:30 AM

It was so much easier and predictable for a PayPal because it is a centralised system with coordinated principals. But per bitcoin which is decentralised it is so much harder to be changed or something like that happened with it.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:37:47 AM

While bitcoin transaction fees vary, they really depend on the difficulty of mining set in the coding of bitcoin. Higher network congestion, higher fee. The only thing that will make it have excess fee than this is if you use exchangers' services.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Amokomowo2005

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 07:40:09 AM

Change is constant and any thing can happen in the future  ,no one ever believe PayPal will dump when some years ago it was used by all online merchant, so another might still come better than btc.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

Bitcoin is not as paypal I think. Many of the countries still against with bitcoin and they haven’t clear concept about bitcoin. If bitcoin is recognized as paypal I hope it will be have feature like paypal.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:20:03 PM

PayPal uses fiat money to make transactions, but bitcoin is different from that.

Technically, PayPal isn't using anything to transact with.

The only thing its doing is hold fiat (the asset) in custody and allow you to transact with others through their ecosystem. While you think you are sending fiat back and forth, the only thing that's happening is PayPal digitally changing both your and the receiver's balance. That's how basically every centralized financial service works; you don't ever get the actual asset unless you physically withdraw it.

With Bitcoin you are directly moving the actual asset back and forth, which is why we should never aim to be similar to any financial service.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:24:27 PM

Lightning Network delivers on those "promises" (Bitcoin is not a company so I don't think it's correct that Satoshi has promised us anything), LN is cheap, fast and even private 

As for being better than competitors, then the thing that matters the most is wirting code. Users can suport different chains and projects, but really 99% of the work is done by developers. I don't see how average user can make Bitcoin transactions cheaper, they could try to boycott Bitcoin by switching to some other coin, but that wouldn't have any effect on devs, they already try their best.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FunGate

Activity: 105
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:28:09 PM

Yeah, once we get Lightening functional then it should be able to handle these promises no problem. And it will make people more willing to use it for different purposes.

I think that Paypal is different because it focuses on business transactions rather than peer to peer exchange. It's just trying to give sellers on eBay an easy way to collect cash, and its charging the shit out of these people in the meantime. Paypal collects so much money, probably almost as much as Western Union, in all of these ridiculous fees, and most users don't even notice it.
MightyTulip32

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:35:02 PM

I don't think it will become like Paypal any time in the future, after all, Satoshi did invent it for to introduce it to us as a better alternative to fiat money, which is easy to carry with you, have low transaction fees and can be send anywhere all around the world. Don't think they will stand aside from their own principals.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: