Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which coin do you want in the book?
Anoncoin
ASICcoin
Bitcoin
BBQcoin
Catcoin
Colossuscoin
Copperlark
Craftcoin
Cryptogenic Bullion
Devcoin
Digitalcoin
Dogecoin
Earthcoin
Fastcoin
Feathercoin
Fedoracoin
42coin
Franko
Freicoin
Goldcoin
Hobonickels
Infinitecoin
Ixcoin
Kittehcoin
Leafcoin
Litecoin
Lottocoin
Mastercoin
Maxcoin
Megacoin
Mooncoin
Namecoin
NetCoin
Novacoin
Nxt
Peercoin
Primecoin
Protoshares
Quark
Ripple
Ronpaulcoin
Sexcoin
Tagcoin
Terracoin
Tigercoin
USDe
Vertcoin
Worldcoin
Xivra
Zetacoin
Mintcoin
Applecoin
Qubit
Darkcoin
Tickets
Digibyte
Topcoin
Ybcoin
Astrocoin
Unobtanium
Luckycoin
Karmacoin
Dopecoin
Mincoin
Android Tokens
Auroracoin
Diamond
Ultracoin
Blackcoin
Mazacoin
Securecoin
Electric
Counterparty
Americancoin
Saturncoin
Bitinum
Particle
Riecoin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" Beginners Reference Book  (Read 42494 times)
FelixOliver

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:19:42 AM

I dont agree here.
Take Zetacoin too, It's inflationary form is rare in this market.
By now only Quark and Zetacoin are inflationary in the Top30 i think.

Nobody would be mining all these other coins after they have reached their ceiling

I also think that Quark is very undervalued

Quark isn't "undervalued".... In fact, no crypto currency can be "undervalued"... This isn't stocks and shares. They aren't attached to companies that have tangible / non-tangible assets.

Literally the ONLY determining value in any crypto coin is the market itself.. Its current value is a reflection of how the market feels about the coin.

If you were to ask me to invest in Quark, I'll ask you why? ...You'd then probably disgorge some over-enthusiastic rant about "intrinsic functionality"... I'd then tell you that, at this stage, no body cares about the "intrinsic functionality" of ANY coin.. Like it or not, people wan't to put in X amount of dollars and in two weeks cash out a XXX% return. Simples

Quark is dead in the water if you ask me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:59:56 PM

I dont agree here.
Take Zetacoin too, It's inflationary form is rare in this market.
By now only Quark and Zetacoin are inflationary in the Top30 i think.

Nobody would be mining all these other coins after they have reached their ceiling

I also think that Quark is very undervalued

Quark isn't "undervalued".... In fact, no crypto currency can be "undervalued"... This isn't stocks and shares. They aren't attached to companies that have tangible / non-tangible assets.

Literally the ONLY determining value in any crypto coin is the market itself.. Its current value is a reflection of how the market feels about the coin.

If you were to ask me to invest in Quark, I'll ask you why? ...You'd then probably disgorge some over-enthusiastic rant about "intrinsic functionality"... I'd then tell you that, at this stage, no body cares about the "intrinsic functionality" of ANY coin.. Like it or not, people wan't to put in X amount of dollars and in two weeks cash out a XXX% return. Simples

Quark is dead in the water if you ask me.

Don´t want to wave the Quark banner but you are contradicting yourself. On the one hand you say that cryptocurrencies can´t be undervalued on the other hand you call Quark a dead project - which is saying that it is overvalued/has 0 value. The whole cryptoscene is dominated by chit-chat and self-fulfilling prophecies and you are just another example like the guy who says that Quark is undervalued.

Beyond that it is not true that cryptocurrencies have no tangible assets. Cryptocurrencies do not exist in empty space, they have (or haven´t) infrastructure that supports their use. The value of Bitcoin e.g. is founded mostly on the network, of the exchanges that list it, the apps that were written for it, even this forum contributes to a sustainable value of Bitcoin. Same goes with every other Altcoin. If your coin is intended to pump and dump only, like Pandacoin, you have mostly anything but trade. But there are many coin - and Quark is one of them - where you can see people actually working for the coin and developing cool projects. This, of course, doesn´t mean that this will be reflected in the price shortterm, but it will long term.
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1446
Merit: 1162

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:10:05 PM

Quark has about 0.5% inflation per year now.  Over the long term, it's  not as inflationary compared to many of the other coins.
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:13:50 PM

I have just started a fundraiser for the book:

https://www.startjoin.com/cthealt

Please add your support  Grin
orco#2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:36:24 PM

what kind of janky ass list is that?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:39:31 PM

what kind of janky ass list is that?

I know lol, MEC has no votes so far  Roll Eyes
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

Quark, Infinitecoin, Zetacoin and Topcoin have all or almost been completely mined. 
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:17:53 PM

Quark, Infinitecoin, Zetacoin and Topcoin have all or almost been completely mined. 

..which is a problem for people who want to make fast profit by mining but not for user and community miner
victzhang

Activity: 193

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:21:29 PM

I am writing a book which explains in simple terms what cryptocurrency is.  Bitcoin and another 49 altcoins will feature, with each coin having two pages within the book.  My facebook group gives more information:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cryptocurrency-The-Alt-ernative/285429871619708

One can vote for their favourite coin by donating a small amount of BTC.  If your favourite coin is not present, please message the group and we will create an address for it.

Nice idea!  Smiley
FelixOliver

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:29:28 PM

Don´t want to wave the Quark banner but you are contradicting yourself. On the one hand you say that cryptocurrencies can´t be undervalued on the other hand you call Quark a dead project - which is saying that it is overvalued/has 0 value. The whole cryptoscene is dominated by chit-chat and self-fulfilling prophecies and you are just another example like the guy who says that Quark is undervalued.

Beyond that it is not true that cryptocurrencies have no tangible assets. Cryptocurrencies do not exist in empty space, they have (or haven´t) infrastructure that supports their use. The value of Bitcoin e.g. is founded mostly on the network, of the exchanges that list it, the apps that were written for it, even this forum contributes to a sustainable value of Bitcoin. Same goes with every other Altcoin. If your coin is intended to pump and dump only, like Pandacoin, you have mostly anything but trade. But there are many coin - and Quark is one of them - where you can see people actually working for the coin and developing cool projects. This, of course, doesn´t mean that this will be reflected in the price shortterm, but it will long term.

Erm, so you're saying that this "infrastructure" is what's driving the price of Bitcoin?... LOL, if that was the case then the price of Bitcoin would be much lower than it is now... what with the ever present specter of a 51% attack hovering over this "infrastructure" you speak of.

The first major Boom in the price of Bitcoin was brought about largely as a result of the Bank run in Cyprus - there may have been other catalysts, but overall it was that Bank run that took us to 1.2K.

Since then, the market has been driven by speculation in it's most potent form. China makes a few redundant statements, the weak hands sell their coins = the price falls.... GOX wont release our coins? = the price falls.... Oh, Walmart is now accepting Bitcoin?? = to the moon!... Sadly, no one cares about the bitcoin "infrastructure"..

And Quark is the most pathetic thing I've seen thus far... Dead in the waters!
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:37:18 PM

Luckycoin has just been added to the poll
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:11:16 PM

This is the preliminary section to Zetacoin:

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:23:13 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 08:48:38 PM by digitalindustry

I am writing a book which explains in simple terms what cryptocurrency is.  Bitcoin and another 49 altcoins will feature, with each coin having two pages within the book.  My facebook group gives more information:

One can vote for their favourite coin by donating a small amount of BTC.  If your favourite coin is not present, please message the group and we will create an address for it.

just get in touch is you want clean vectors of our logo - happy to provide them (also we will be uploading them in a section on our site www.qrk.cc) , good opportunity to also talk about how the monetary reform group got involve with Quark with Bill Still etc. (in the book) BIll may be attending the Crypto convention in New York with Sean Young the Hollywood Actress that played in "Bladerunner" - that would be cool.

unconfirmed at this time -    

we will be including a "accept Quark" section where we can put logos and create a list of the growing number of businesses accepting Quark -

https://pock.io/  will be going live with Quark soon - : D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:41:37 PM

I am writing a book which explains in simple terms what cryptocurrency is.  Bitcoin and another 49 altcoins will feature, with each coin having two pages within the book.  My facebook group gives more information:

One can vote for their favourite coin by donating a small amount of BTC.  If your favourite coin is not present, please message the group and we will create an address for it.

just get in touch is you want clean vectors of our logo - happy to provide them (also we will be uploading them in a section on our site www.qrk.cc) , good opportunity to also talk about how the monetary reform group got involve with Quark with Bill Still etc. (in the book) BIll may be attending the Crypto convention in New York with Sean Young the Hollywood Actress that played in "Bladerunner" - that would be cool.

unconfirmed at this time -    

we will be including a "accept Quark" section where we can put logos and create a list of the growing number of businesses accepting Quark -

https://pock.io/  will be going live with Quark soon - : D

I will look into https://pock.io/
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

This is the URL for the crowd funding of my project:

https://www.startjoin.com/cthealts

It has not gone live as of yet but will soon  Cheesy
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

So basically this book is a compendium of worthless trivia that I could easily find here for free, devoid of any humor or insightful commentary? I at least hope you get an editor.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:12:36 PM

Almost all of these altcoins don't need 2 pages. All they need is "cloned Bitcoin/Litecoin source, changed a few numbers".

Haha, same thought here.

We need competition  Tongue
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:30:35 PM

So basically this book is a compendium of worthless trivia that I could easily find here for free, devoid of any humor or insightful commentary? I at least hope you get an editor.

It will have more insights than just pure specs and stats.  Wait and see.  I am very competent and capable  Cheesy Wink
Tyke (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:04:00 AM

Run away leaders are Goldcoin, Quark and Fedoracoin (TIPS)
jrretirement

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:39:50 AM

Run away leaders are Goldcoin, Quark and Fedoracoin (TIPS)
Yeah but are they worth writing about?  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: