Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi I'm not a bitcoin miner yet but I have a couple questions about hardware  (Read 634 times)
Fokkerwolf (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:38:57 PM

1. I was wanting to know if you need to sli all of the video cards or do they benefit from doing their own thing?

If that's the case can I use different video cards in a rig or do they all have to be the exact same because you can use different video cards in a machine as long as their not linked to sli they just don't help each other out. The reason I ask is because I have like 20 pci express video cards ranging from 1gb ddr3 to 2gb ddr5 that I don't use and can get a motherboard that can handle like 6 at a time with no issues making the cost of making a rig cheap.

2. What's the best and easiest software to use as of right now for beginners?

ganabb

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:44:05 AM

I have no problem with this being implemented in some form. What you are really asking for is a asic module for a super-awesome mining ship.

sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:27:34 AM

for gpu mining it does not matter if the cards are sli or not, however for Bitcoin gpu mining is dead due to the high difficulty.

As far as mining rigs, always take into consideration the mining difficulty increase, using a calculator that takes that into account, like http://www.vnbitcoin.org/bitcoincalculator.php or bitcoinwindsdom.
Avoid BFL by all means unless if getting your mining rig a year late is acceptable.
The best bet is kncminer which is risky do to their high price and quick rising in difficulty.

Safest bet buy the bitcoins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: