Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:30:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors can cause major fluctuations of Ethereum price?  (Read 277 times)
oludare1

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:48:16 AM

The following factors may be responsible for fluctuation in the price of ethereum :
1.Increase in the number of sellers while the number of buyers reduces vice versa
2. Increase or decrease in the price of bitcoin
3. Investment level
MegaDots

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:03:16 AM

There are so many factors of it. But ICOs following competition is one of the major factors. If startups lose interest in Ethereum and shift in other competitors like Lisk; then lisk coin will be accepted in their ICO and Ether will be down.
MoneyGuardian

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:17:24 AM

An important fact is coin dumping. When an ETH coin loses nearly half of its value in 30 days; investors panic and start selling all of their coin holdings and coin’s price falls further. It could cause Ethereum’s complete fluctuation.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:25:22 AM

in my opinion that could be a factor of the fluctuations of ethereum because it has a very limited total supply and not only that is possible because of the ico that triggers ethereum price movements.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:45:21 AM

Ethereum get effected by a lot of factors for instance after each huge project ICO end Ethereum price get dumped because the project start to convert their tokens to Ethereum then convert their Ethereum to real money which effect the price of Ethereum a lot, look at how EOS was bragging about how they can effect Ethereum price so easy  . Also their is huge factor a lot of people waiting for which is casper network it will make huge impact on Ethereum price in a positive way . All of this a long side that Ethereum is a main mining coin for most people around the world which means that the whole mining condition can also be a factor effecting Ethereum price .
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:21:49 AM

Ethereum has more potential and people's interest in the crypto currency. I think people's interest will continue to grow. Because it is very profitable. Because it's made with advanced technology. And this demand of human beings will play a role in the price rise.
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:55:39 AM

One of the best cryptocurrency of the time of Ethereum. Here are the future securitized and profitable. I think from other things people will play a big role in increasing the value of the demand. And any time the price will increase. In my opinion; its future will be very profitable.
Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 01:48:58 PM

Ethereum get effected by a lot of factors for instance after each huge project ICO end Ethereum price get dumped because the project start to convert their tokens to Ethereum then convert their Ethereum to real money which effect the price of Ethereum a lot, look at how EOS was bragging about how they can effect Ethereum price so easy  . Also their is huge factor a lot of people waiting for which is casper network it will make huge impact on Ethereum price in a positive way . All of this a long side that Ethereum is a main mining coin for most people around the world which means that the whole mining condition can also be a factor effecting Ethereum price .

I agree, lately ethereum has been pressured by bitcoin and usd. Add with Ethereum versus Cardano (ADA) to the cyber war in action
Unstable market conditions, traders who choose to sell Ethereum before reaching the lowest point to reduce losses and move to hold another coin, make  Ethereum fluctuation
For me personally, ethereum is good enough for long-term investment due to many ERC-20 based projects
RaidNow

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:51:59 PM

Ethereum is a good project for invest. But price fluctuation can happen at any time. Price fluctuations are occurs when demands and supplies are not at the same range.
ShiftLocker

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:55:39 PM

In case of Bitcoins; a lot of big news affects the demand of it. However; Ethereum also get affected by this technically. A lot of the investors collect ETH from giveaways and bounty projects and they tend to exchange them later for BTC which causes the fluctuation of price.
KingBit.io

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

The emergence of other currencies with as good potential as Ethereum's can be a determining factor for the fall in its price. Or even some good news about an existing currencies that already have this potential. Another factor is Bitcoin. Its value directly influences the value of all others. Bitcoin is like a Bluechip in the stock market.
Agaventy

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:00:37 PM

The main reason behind the fluctuations should always be the demand and supply of a coin. So far; it seems like Ethereum's supply is surpassing the current demand for ETH in market which is why the market is seeing such depressing situations. Moreover; it just reflects how much trust the users put on a coin to make it prevail in the market.
kenmobility

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:07:56 PM

Seriously, am in love with this question you threw, uptil now, its is still very fuzzy to me why some times, the price of ether will go up and down, am going through the replies to get answers
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 04:12:08 PM

Fluctuation of ethereum's price mostly depend on general market so bitcoin, I don't think tokens will be affected by that if eth itself decreases.

bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:17:15 PM

What factors can cause major fluctuations of Ethereum price? and how it will impact other ethereum blockchain based tokens/coins?

As far as I know, there are two main reasons why the price of ETH is down.
1. ETH goes down because the bitcoin price falls. When bitcoin goes down, all altcoin things fall down. That is 100% certain from now until now
2. The ICO sells to ETH after the end of the ICO to take the money to fund the development. This makes the price of ETH impossible to go up because of the continuous ICO take turns selling ETH

Wanpush

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:06:52 PM

price of coin is regulated by market maker, people who have big money can do it
you just follow them in order to get profit not get lose
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:09:45 PM

I think the major issue that eth network is facing right now is scalability i.e high transaction price and slow transfers whenever there is big number of transfers resultiing in congestion, eth need to provide a lobg term solution to this problem as quickly as possible, secondly all tokens are independent projects so i do not think they can be directly linked with value of eth.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kamidzy7

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

These factors are known to all, this is the global growth of the market, as the market affects the growth, the larger the market and the larger, the faster the growth,and all this will affect, so I wish the market as fast as possible growth

https://www.heta.org/  Build The Smart Industries On Top of HetaChain
Foress

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:14:51 PM

I personally think the main reason behind the fluctuations of Ethereum is due to the supply and demand of the market. This demand and supply curve is highly affected by the demand of BTC of course. A lot of investors now prefer to convert their ETH to BTC and in return the supply of ETH sees an upsurge but demand remains same. The same happens with other ethereum blockchain based coins.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:58:53 PM

Manipulation activity; Scandals on the currency; Supply and demand; Regulation or tolerance these are the main factors can cause major fluctuations of Ethereum price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: