Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-08-07] Bitcoin Price Back Over $7,000 on Growing Support From Wall Street  (Read 157 times)
Jgilpulg (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:31:53 PM

This week could provide some more bullish news for Bitcoin price as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) might finally approve a Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) this Friday.

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-price-7000-wall-street/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 01:55:51 PM

Complete nonsense article.

Bitcoin will continue to grow with or without wall street & it's useless etf, as it has done since day one.

Utter cr*p.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:04:32 PM

Bitcoin will continue to grow with or without wall street & it's useless etf, as it has done since day one.

Utter cr*p.

That's true but I do think however that with wall street the growth will be stronger.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:57:45 PM

Utter cr*p.

That's true but I do think however that with wall street the growth will be stronger.
There would be always an add up when institutional money would really be pour in into crypto but i fully agree that even with or without wall street.
Bitcoin can able to grow no matter what and just to add up there no price increase as of this writing yet the price is heading backwards once again.  Cheesy

1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:38:30 AM

Utter cr*p.

There would be always an add up when institutional money would really be pour in into crypto but i fully agree that even with or without wall street.
Bitcoin can able to grow no matter what and just to add up there no price increase as of this writing yet the price is heading backwards once again.  Cheesy

We still need it to happen. It's a very good publicity to convince more investors quickly. And also we need allies and we are greatful to have them on our side to defend us from people like Warren. Just imagine having a stronger force to keep bitcoin from dropping instead of rising.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Utter cr*p.

We still need it to happen. It's a very good publicity to convince more investors quickly. And also we need allies and we are greatful to have them on our side to defend us from people like Warren. Just imagine having a stronger force to keep bitcoin from dropping instead of rising.

It will happen anyway, with or without them. It doesn't have to happen quickly & the public are being convinced. Bitcoin doesn't need "allies", it is independent by design. Bitcoin is not about "dropping & rising" of fiat prices - it is a replacement for fiat & all it's inherent faults & corruption within wall street & it's ilk.

Very soon all currencies will be digitized, it is going to happen. Pieces of worthless paper with numbers printed on them are a dinosaur & we will be laughing at the fact that we thought it was worth anything at all in the first place, let alone why we let it be controlled by such a small number of people. People are so preoccupied about fiat prices for Bitcoin that they have completely forgotten about what Bitcoin was designed for & how it came into existence in the first place.

That idea is not lost on all of us though. Thank goodness.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
FXTradingPro

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 04:01:05 PM

This week could provide some more bullish news for Bitcoin price as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) might finally approve a Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) this Friday.

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-price-7000-wall-street/

Approval is inevitable and will be an important step in adoption. Institutional Money will follow.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 05:12:38 PM

Approval is inevitable and will be an important step in adoption. Institutional Money will follow.

What?

"Approval" is not required, adoption will continue regardless & Bitcoin will eventually replace "Institutional Money", rendering it even more worthless than it already is.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:41:13 PM

Utter cr*p.

Don't be so sure. People had high hopes for bitcoin futures and since their launched we were in a bear market, going lower and lower. In short BTC has lost 3/4 of the value it had before Wall Street got in. I believe that ETFs are important because they bring publicity, advertise bitcoin and bring them to the ignorant masses. The question is, do we need those masses that will be lured with promises of huge profits. Those people who know nothing about the technology won't bring stability to the system, but more doubts and fear. They will pump the price a bit, but that's it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:59:07 PM

The question is, do we need those masses that will be lured with promises of huge profits.

This is always my concern as well. People who only see Bitcoin as a get-rich-quick scheme bring nothing of value to the table. Yes the price goes up a bit but it's different from people who believe in the technology and why it was created in the first place. People forget that this is supposed to be a currency not a form of investment.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:00:12 PM

People who only see Bitcoin as a get-rich-quick scheme bring nothing of value to the table.
Agreed!

Yes the price goes up a bit but it's different from people who believe in the technology and why it was created in the first place. People forget that this is supposed to be a currency not a form of investment.

THIS!!! Bitcoin was supposed to be a fucking currency! Excuse my language. But the "community" has lost its vision. The day bitcoin became an "asset". That was the day the path was paved for Bitcoin Forks! It just makes me low-spirited that almost 90% of the community treats bitcoins as an asset and has started calling it the Gold of the crypto space. Listen! Lads and Gals, We don't want bitcoin to be the gold. That shit is almost immovable and we don't want that happening with bitcoin.

The lightning network gives me hope that one day Bitcoin will be recognized for what satoshi visioned for it. Also, I agree with IconFirm. We don't need "allies". Wall Street will bring in even more manipulators to the party than we already are suffering from. I guess its a good sign for those who perceive bitcoin as an asset and not a currency.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: