Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC, during or post ICO?  (Read 511 times)
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:43:54 PM

What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

parlament9

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:31:14 PM

If I trust in the project - I will pass KYC. If I don't trust in the project - I will never pass)
And in general - I am a law-abiding citizen of the country except that I have a bitcoin) Therefore if someone learns who I am such - I won't strongly be upset.
Though, I heard stories when just according to the photo of the passport of the person took the credit - here already you begin to think

lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:31:48 PM

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

If you are investing legal (tax paid) money in ICOs and if you will be declaring the profits and paying taxes , from your investments in ICO,there should not be any problems with KYCs
But if investing in ICOs/Cryptos is illegal in your country,you should stay away from ICOs that require KYC documents
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

Passing the KYC during the ICO period is better because some countries don't allow you to participate on ICO's if you are from that country you invested earlier but later if you want to pass KYC you may not so you will lose your money.Bu many people were afraid to expose their personal details earlier because of the personal information can be misused if they are scammers.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:39:49 PM

asking you to do KYC before you buy is straight forward and an honest way . But asking for KYC after you send them your money is kinda tricky and I do not like this way of dealing, Unless it was not planned and they kinda forced to do it which is so rare, any project should be aware and prepared before they start their ICO .
xsantana

Activity: 680
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

KYC is a part of ico that requires you to fill your identity to fulfill the requirements to participate in the ico program that you follow, because there are certain countries that are not required to participate, and usually that happens after they send a box to you, and after you fill it out, You get results from ico that you follow.
Ninellechka

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

To my mind it's more reasonable to ask kyc after ICO. Because not all the ICOs end successfully, and developers have to give money back.Why should investors give their personal data to the project which hasn't proved to be successful yet?

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:47:44 AM

asking you to do KYC before you buy is straight forward and an honest way . But asking for KYC after you send them your money is kinda tricky and I do not like this way of dealing, Unless it was not planned and they kinda forced to do it which is so rare, any project should be aware and prepared before they start their ICO .

Agree, the best option is to let the KYC as optional during the ICO and later ask for the KYC post the ICO. This will make the process more flexible for both project owner and buyer   
Agamatal123

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

I think kyc should be recommended at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project
milesfull

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

Dont see anything bad about kyc, its an ordinary procesure
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:26:11 PM

Dont see anything bad about kyc, its an ordinary procesure

it's not about if a KYC to be included or not, the question is when to have it as must, before user can buy token or post the ICO
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

KYC after ico is rare. Maybe to protect the big investment or other problems. However, they can change their strategy according to different circumstances and conditions, requirements or surrounding legal issues.
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:53:26 PM

I think kyc should be recommended at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project

why? what's the main reason for your answer?
MOBbrothers
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:15:10 PM

KYC this days are scary. Loads of ICOs required KYC. but it is also a sure way to prevent Multiple accounts and scammers. it is Good.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:33:40 PM

Either which ways it would be still similar because you would still be asked to sent out documentations either earlier or later when you participate an ICO. This do only depend on how the team would implement or tend to ask such verification. The cons only is that when you tend to invest without even knowing that there would be a documentation submission later on and you do already sent out the money you tend to invest.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:51:07 PM

KYC or Know Your Customer is one of the good way to identify if some ICO are legit. Passing in KYC is also depends on yourself if you you are already trusting the ICo or do you believe in the potentials of the project you can do KYC without doubting. Because KYC is for  unti laundering activities that's why it is legal methods of entering you details in their projects.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Bachelorrd

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:50:02 AM

For me I don't see any Pros in giving KYC informations, while there's a lot of Cons in giving that sensitive information. The thing is those information can be used in illegal activities, keeping that sensitive information is hard and scamming can easily be done using your own information with them. There's a new innovative way on dealing KYC right now, I know some platform that will handle KYC applications to any ICO you'll join in an encrypted form. One of them is menlo.one and civic.

Fighting against Inequality!
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:08:36 AM

There are people who have a little bit of stress because they are afraid that they will steal their credentials and pass the frauds in different places, so be careful or regret it

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:33:26 AM

To me doing KYC after ICO look like scam, what if an investor don't pass it will they return his fund. KYC before ICO looks more professional
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:09:57 PM

For me I don't see any Pros in giving KYC informations, while there's a lot of Cons in giving that sensitive information. The thing is those information can be used in illegal activities, keeping that sensitive information is hard and scamming can easily be done using your own information with them. There's a new innovative way on dealing KYC right now, I know some platform that will handle KYC applications to any ICO you'll join in an encrypted form. One of them is menlo.one and civic.

valid point, thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: