Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:27:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC, during or post ICO?  (Read 511 times)
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:43:54 PM

What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

parlament9

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:31:14 PM

If I trust in the project - I will pass KYC. If I don't trust in the project - I will never pass)
And in general - I am a law-abiding citizen of the country except that I have a bitcoin) Therefore if someone learns who I am such - I won't strongly be upset.
Though, I heard stories when just according to the photo of the passport of the person took the credit - here already you begin to think

lyfecoin

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:31:48 PM

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

If you are investing legal (tax paid) money in ICOs and if you will be declaring the profits and paying taxes , from your investments in ICO,there should not be any problems with KYCs
But if investing in ICOs/Cryptos is illegal in your country,you should stay away from ICOs that require KYC documents
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

Passing the KYC during the ICO period is better because some countries don't allow you to participate on ICO's if you are from that country you invested earlier but later if you want to pass KYC you may not so you will lose your money.Bu many people were afraid to expose their personal details earlier because of the personal information can be misused if they are scammers.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:39:49 PM

asking you to do KYC before you buy is straight forward and an honest way . But asking for KYC after you send them your money is kinda tricky and I do not like this way of dealing, Unless it was not planned and they kinda forced to do it which is so rare, any project should be aware and prepared before they start their ICO .
xsantana

Activity: 680
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

KYC is a part of ico that requires you to fill your identity to fulfill the requirements to participate in the ico program that you follow, because there are certain countries that are not required to participate, and usually that happens after they send a box to you, and after you fill it out, You get results from ico that you follow.
Ninellechka

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:53:25 PM

To my mind it's more reasonable to ask kyc after ICO. Because not all the ICOs end successfully, and developers have to give money back.Why should investors give their personal data to the project which hasn't proved to be successful yet?

Mero Currency, The First Low Burn-Rate Deflationary Token
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:47:44 AM

asking you to do KYC before you buy is straight forward and an honest way . But asking for KYC after you send them your money is kinda tricky and I do not like this way of dealing, Unless it was not planned and they kinda forced to do it which is so rare, any project should be aware and prepared before they start their ICO .

Agree, the best option is to let the KYC as optional during the ICO and later ask for the KYC post the ICO. This will make the process more flexible for both project owner and buyer   
Agamatal123

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

I think kyc should be recommended at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project
milesfull

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:44:39 PM

Dont see anything bad about kyc, its an ordinary procesure
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:26:11 PM

Dont see anything bad about kyc, its an ordinary procesure

it's not about if a KYC to be included or not, the question is when to have it as must, before user can buy token or post the ICO
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

KYC after ico is rare. Maybe to protect the big investment or other problems. However, they can change their strategy according to different circumstances and conditions, requirements or surrounding legal issues.
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:53:26 PM

I think kyc should be recommended at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project

why? what's the main reason for your answer?
MOBbrothers
Copper Member

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:15:10 PM

KYC this days are scary. Loads of ICOs required KYC. but it is also a sure way to prevent Multiple accounts and scammers. it is Good.
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:33:40 PM

Either which ways it would be still similar because you would still be asked to sent out documentations either earlier or later when you participate an ICO. This do only depend on how the team would implement or tend to ask such verification. The cons only is that when you tend to invest without even knowing that there would be a documentation submission later on and you do already sent out the money you tend to invest.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:51:07 PM

KYC or Know Your Customer is one of the good way to identify if some ICO are legit. Passing in KYC is also depends on yourself if you you are already trusting the ICo or do you believe in the potentials of the project you can do KYC without doubting. Because KYC is for  unti laundering activities that's why it is legal methods of entering you details in their projects.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Bachelorrd

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:50:02 AM

For me I don't see any Pros in giving KYC informations, while there's a lot of Cons in giving that sensitive information. The thing is those information can be used in illegal activities, keeping that sensitive information is hard and scamming can easily be done using your own information with them. There's a new innovative way on dealing KYC right now, I know some platform that will handle KYC applications to any ICO you'll join in an encrypted form. One of them is menlo.one and civic.

Fighting against Inequality!
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:08:36 AM

There are people who have a little bit of stress because they are afraid that they will steal their credentials and pass the frauds in different places, so be careful or regret it

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:33:26 AM

To me doing KYC after ICO look like scam, what if an investor don't pass it will they return his fund. KYC before ICO looks more professional
Samer-COO-Triphop (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:09:57 PM

For me I don't see any Pros in giving KYC informations, while there's a lot of Cons in giving that sensitive information. The thing is those information can be used in illegal activities, keeping that sensitive information is hard and scamming can easily be done using your own information with them. There's a new innovative way on dealing KYC right now, I know some platform that will handle KYC applications to any ICO you'll join in an encrypted form. One of them is menlo.one and civic.

valid point, thanks
Sharingjoy

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

You can get your reward token if you pass the KYC... while they have your personal identity that can be use for them to other transactions or sell them to the black market. We can't trust them if they will keep safe our personal data.
DeluxeJR

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:58:41 PM

Personally I do not support KYC. It is like a centralized feature for me. We don't need something like this in Crypto space.
kominfo.id

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:32:13 PM

You can do KYC when ico takes place and it can also be done when ico is finished because there are several ico founders who provide KYC opportunities like that for investors.
alizalela7

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:44:48 PM

Some ico programs that participate in the program they need to request clients or members of the KYC family that are related to the identification of the individual is somewhat reduced to cheating.
waldocarter

Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

I think it's better to pass KYC right away, before investing in the project. To be sure that you are allowed to this project, and do not lose your investment. There is also a problem with the passage of verification after the ICO. Trivially, you can skip the announcement of the passage of KYC and the problems will begin.

ILScoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:06:34 PM

What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

kyc are required to get to know investors better, there are also some big exchange that doesn't not allow listing of tokens that does not do kyc for their ico,  I guess that's the reason why majority of ICOs are requesting for kyc
hwenhuynh

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:11:28 PM

When joining AIrdrop, we will do KYC before, But with bounty campaign, we will do KYC after finishing the campaign.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:04:37 AM

In relation to investors ICO, here it is necessary to decide for each person how to act in a particular case. If you need their new tokens, you can wait until they are listed on the stock exchange and fall in the price, then buy them without any KYC checks.
As for the participants in the ICO generosity campaign, such a KYC check on them is not legal at all. We are not investors and therefore there is no need for us to conduct such a verification. The ICO teams here either are reinsured, or they want to get your identification data and run away with them and the money collected, or if such a claim is declared after the completion of the ICO, in order not to pay the tokens earned by the hunters.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Hunters behind their heads need to ignore ICO, where we are required to undergo a KYC check. We are not investors in ICO projects and therefore we should not pass such an audit. They must be required to confirm such a right to be examined against us, and if such a requirement is made without warning after the end of the ICO, then send them other people's data.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:43:35 AM

usually according to experience I have ever got you can do KYC when you register to become an investor after that you are usually asked to provide your information to do KYC so at the same time when ico takes place you can verify KYC.
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:42:50 AM

project owners have to make KYC so that they can be officially done. I understand that and I trust the eger project I will join ICO KYC is not a problem to pass. Do not give out your credentials if you have something to lose and believe that eger project may be scam. but I know that they will not be able to harm me with my information. I think you will have to go to kyv but all of them will do kyv later.
Apollyon
Copper Member

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:52:14 AM

If the project is legitimate, due diligence, then kyc. Especially for private networks or anything that is sensitive like finance and healthcare.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:14:11 PM

As long you do sent out about your information then its already considered to be a Cons. You already exposed out those important information about yourself and just like others said it would possibly be used into other purpose. This is why as an investor and if you dont like KYC then you should really clear things up earlier, if it would need kyc or not even on the first days of sale or even on the last days.
Its your responsibility to seek deep through.

CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

Why look for the pros and cons of each approach, if the result is what KYC needs to do. For example, many bounty hunters against this, for them it is unacceptable
palermofc

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:07:33 PM

I don't see any huge difference between before and after ICO approaches. I prefer doing KYC before, because it's more clear for you and the company to make identification.
Serveev

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

Actually, kyc is a bad thing. Many people can find out your address, Name and surname. But in some countries it is forbidden to participate in the ico and therefore need a kyc.
nikola_wyatt
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

I don't think that most of the crypto projects need KYC. If an ICO needs KYC, probably it shouldn't been running... This kind of audits are for securities, not cryptocurrencies nor altcoins...
valid46

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:57:47 PM

Many of scammers will take money from you for their tokens. And then they will sell your data that you provided to them through KYC
pltgksl

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 11:05:34 PM

KYC is risky because everyone wants to keep some special informations so somebody may not invest some platform that need to KYC
quarkyplum

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:19:45 PM

KYC is a must for investors in the ICO project because it avoids market manipulation from individuals. KYC is only needed for investors, and with bounty members, airdrop is not necessary because Token for bounty accounts for just under 3% while for Token sale is 60%.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

KYC is needed to know the identity of the token owner, so that the token is not easy to be owned by a scammer. but there is no guarantee about the data we send. I am afraid that data will be misused and used for other purposes.
better be careful and ask the ICO team about data security.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:40:31 AM

Actually, kyc is a bad thing. Many people can find out your address, Name and surname. But in some countries it is forbidden to participate in the ico and therefore need a kyc.
In some countries, such as the US and China, participation in ICO projects is prohibited in the sense that citizens are prohibited from investing in these projects. That is, states are afraid that their citizens will suffer losses because of ICO's risky projects and their fraudulent teams. These states do not care whether you advertise these projects or not, participating in the generosity campaigns of ICO, because in this case you can not lose your money, because you do not invest your money in such projects. Therefore, the requirement to pass a KYC test from bounty hunters is illegal. Such requirements of these states regarding bounty hunters do not and can not be. Therefore, now many ICO teams agree that the KYC audit is conducted only against investors.

Vibr56

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:44:39 AM

I think that KYC has been implemented for a good reason.. You wouldn't want money laundering to flourish would you?

On the other hand, I would never give out my personal information to shady ICOs though since they are not worth the risk... It's a good thing that menlo.one is launching soon since we will only be required to submit KYC requirements once making ICO investing very convenient in the near future.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:13:45 AM

First of all i say KYC is needed for bounty to get relief from cheater. And still i did not get any manager that force me to do kyc, it was only trams and condition that if  i did kyc i will get tokens or not. IF it does in first of ICO, it is much better. If you have everything ok you need not to worry about kyc. Just do work and be safe.
NinjaCryp

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:34:54 AM

Usually, ico usually requires KYC when registering a whitelist. I think that's better. Even for the bounty, the information requested KYC should be in the early stages of launching the campaign. However, devs team can change the structure and the rules to bring more suitability.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:35:10 AM

KYC is a good protocol to be practiced by ICO's management so that they can secure their projects from the people who are their in their restricted zones and from the bots . I think issuing a KYC on the post ICO is not good enough, for me , it is better to issue it on pre ICO or on ICO period so that the investors and participants can be fully prepared to submit their qualifications.
Agamatal123

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:54:32 PM

Kyc during the ICO is not what should be done most bounty campaign did that to cheat on bounty participants
Jamota459

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:47:20 AM

Kyc is to introduced before the commencement of the project. It should not be recommended during the ongoing ICO
DumbLefty

Activity: 412

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:49:09 AM

I can not say about the pros or cons of kyc. I understand that kyc adds more transparency to companies. I'm going through this procedure and I'm not afraid of the consequences.

Jamota459

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:54:36 AM

I wonder why most project don't introduce kyc before the beginning of the project but they often compulsory kyc at the middle of the project
rosebit

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:00:43 AM

I don't see anything wrong with KYC but it should be done at the beginning of the project not the middle or at the end of the project because you will not even know that they wants to do KYC and by the time you knows its already late and you will lose your money.
Sharingjoy

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:18:53 PM

Yeah KYC will necessary in participating ICO but once this token get listed on exchanges...you can buy without KYC. Then, what's the purpose in investing at ICO if you can buy it at exchanges with lower price.
samcrypto

Activity: 2044
Merit: 314

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

KYC is needed to know the identity of the token owner, so that the token is not easy to be owned by a scammer. but there is no guarantee about the data we send. I am afraid that data will be misused and used for other purposes.
better be careful and ask the ICO team about data security.
For sure they will said that your identity is secured but I think you still need to be careful. ICO is risky nowadays since most of them are just scam, so if the project is asking for your ICO make sure its legit. Its good to be more secure than to regret it.

vtldtlm

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:44:26 PM

In good projects, you usually have personal accounts . And after you receive the cryptocurrency to your account, you will be able to fill in the KYC before withdrawing funds. I think that's right.
Ozero

Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

Of course, the conditions for the sale of new tokens in the course of the ICO should be agreed upon before the conclusion of the agreement and the sending of their money. Therefore, any talk about the need to pass a KYC check after agreeing positions and sending money is already like fraud.

With respect to the participants in the ICO generosity campaign, the requirement to pass a KYC test is generally illegal both during and after the ICO. We do not need to pass such a test, because we are not investors in these ICO projects.

bananafox

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:10:19 PM

I think that the pluses are only that there will be fewer bots and multi-tanks.
klipfolio

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:36:57 PM

Just making you fool showing legal way.
hungsanh2512

Activity: 437

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:08:05 PM

When requesting KYC in a campaign, I was sure it was a highly demanding campaign and a difficult level to enforce identity verification. Not necessarily a bad thing but it will take time to register for this one too.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:16:44 PM

There are no pros and cons about KYC when it is required by ICO. It is officialy required by the government and ICOs need to be legit. Because if you would like to create a big project witg a big solution, then you do not want to risk any problems with governments. You know?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
velocify

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:53:26 PM

KYC, no advantage, you cant find if they not real.
onebtcforlife

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:13:35 AM

If you show any interest towards the projects for investment then definitely we have to send the document for KYC verification otherwise, we cannot able to purchase those coins. We have to check with the company whether the company has the ability to secure our data in the long term, if they are safe means then we can start uploading them without any hesitation.
IamCryptoLover

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:06:46 PM

No problem if some ICO make you to fill KYC. Its just step. You just fill, but no fill everything. I mean dont fill something about your privacy
Obligations123

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:29:22 PM

kyc suppose to introduce before the commencement of a project not in the middle or at the end of a campaign
prettymargaux

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 03:40:42 PM

KYC, short for Know your Customer, is what businesses need to do in order to verify the identify of their clients. Usually, it is required by financial institutions like banks, credit companies and insurance agencies of their customer to ensure that the latter is not involved in any financial crime. But I would rather that ICO companies require this BEFORE, not during or after ICO to avoid troubles on the part of the investors. Com'on! Investors threw their hard-earned money into the ICO, then for the reason of not passing the KYC procedure, they simply can't get the tokens which they purchased. Isn't it fraud? Then why not conduct the KYC before doing any business with them? If they fail, then at least, the company doesn't owe them anything. Yeah! Companies do refund, but the effort, the time and the expectation that they're getting the token they want, then all of a sudden, they couldn't. Isn't it annoying?
Metamorps

Activity: 220
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 03:54:46 PM

I prefer ICO who asked KYC at the beginning, because if KYC followed for a while or waited until the distribution of tokens, sometimes my KYC was rejected for various reasons, and this was very detrimental to me

❐ Zeex  ❐
████ Crypto to product ████
█▄▄   No fiat , No fees  ▄▄█
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:00:03 PM

Doing KYC is just like giving out your information to a random person and also letting the government know that you are holding something and at what amount. The government has become strict and according to the regulations imposed by them, most of the ICOs now will need their investors to fill the KYC forum. If it is a legitimate ICO there is little to no danger at all (unless you get paranoid about giving out your information), but if it is a scam ICO, you better be prepared to face the worst. Those scammy ICO might end up selling your ID and you might become a victim of identity theft.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:00:29 PM

There are no pros and cons about KYC when it is required by ICO. It is officialy required by the government and ICOs need to be legit. Because if you would like to create a big project witg a big solution, then you do not want to risk any problems with governments. You know?
You are just talking on the one side of the story and not all projects that do require KYC is already regulated or required by the government and some of them are just totally accumulating documentations into its possible investors. This is why its always been good to check even more about legitimacy of the team if they are legit enough or just an another common scammy project.
KYC should be announced in the start of the ICO so all would be aware.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
hh4mmm

Merit: 13

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:57:56 PM

depends on the project, some project are not worth to be trusted in releasing your personal details because to any project that will request my details is not  a good project. why do they need your document or ID or is your details more relevant to them or what. i do select some project that doesn't required any KYC.
bheem0

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:57:24 PM

KYC or Know Your Customer is one of the good way to identify if some ICO are legit. Passing in KYC is also depends on yourself if you you are already trusting the ICo or do you believe in the potentials of the project you can do KYC without doubting. Because KYC is for  unti laundering activities that's why it is legal methods of entering you details in their projects.
osbal

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:37:12 PM

for various reasons and the most important protect your money, it is better to pass the KYC before, but only if the ICO and its representatives are reliable because it can be a network of scammers, do not upload your personal documents to any ICO, find out first, inform yourself and make sure of what you do, cold mind on that.
jason6413

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:32:52 PM

KYC is very important in ico if you understand the project accept the ico otherwise reject it
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:39:58 PM

In my opinion, KYC is necessary for investors because the number of open Token accounts for more than 60% of the total token supply. Token for bounty only accounts for less than 5%, so KYC is not necessary. Therefore, only KYC with investors, bounty, and airdrop members are not needed KYC to get Token.
asyakashi

Activity: 1918
Merit: 256

Just.bet - Decentralized On-chain Casino

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:24:14 AM

KYC is very important in ico if you understand the project accept the ico otherwise reject it
yes ... it might have been easy, and not now.
all participants must now make a report then after the token is distributed the token takes a long time to be registered in the market.
I think it's not easy to bounty hunters.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet$  $
  $
$  $
  $
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
CARD GAMES
PLINKO
HORSE RACING
WHEEL
DICE
ROULETTE
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
✅ ONE CLICK BETS
✅ FASTEST VRF
✅ WEEKLY REWARDS
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:33:35 AM

The project is much more credible id the ICO project implemented the KYC right from the start. It just looks shady if they did it after because if their reasons is that they need to comply the rules then it just proves that they are bunch of inexperienced team that tells that the project they are running is destined to fail.
nwaafor

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 09:40:13 AM

Nice suggestion.It makes sense to use such services/platforms.
faza13

Activity: 518
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:40:55 PM

if I think it's a bit risky for KYC with an identity card, this is because our personal data could be used to commit a crime or other misuse

Ondisbelle

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:46:26 PM

indeed it is very risky to provide KYC containing our personal data. bus so our data is used as a cover and a tool to take criminal action. but it all depends on how you trust the ICO you are joining, how legitimate the ICO is. if you really believe that the ICO is legit, then it's safe to hand over the KYC
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:43:14 AM

I think it's better to go straight to KYC. So then you do not get unpleasant situations when you either missed the time for verification or can not pass it at all and because of this you can not get your tokens.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
Cliarbikr

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:46:28 AM

I'm generally against KYC. I do not want to send my documents to unverified personalities. I'm not sure that they can keep them safe

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:09:15 PM

At  the  very  beginning  they should  announce it  Smiley so  that  we  can  decide if we want to continue  joining  the project because many   do not agree  with the  kyc  policy. As of now I  don't  really  trust  kyc  giving some personal info.   
JMD07

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:34:00 PM

The team are just following regulations given from the government from where they ICO located. It's a mandatory to know who they are dealing to and identify where the money came from. If you don't want to undergo KYC then find those ICO that does nor require KYC to participate on their ICO. It's so risky to give your personal data to them and you don't know if they will use your data to other proposes. What if?
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

At  the  very  beginning  they should  announce it  Smiley so  that  we  can  decide if we want to continue  joining  the project because many   do not agree  with the  kyc  policy. As of now I  don't  really  trust  kyc  giving some personal info.   

Yes, I have the same opinion as yours when it comes to KYC. I have seen a post in here wherein they are selling the information in dark web for quite a fortune that's why many scam ICOs are asking as well from their bounty participants and investors to submit KYC because it would be an additional money for them too if in case they would use it for their own good. There are legit ICOs out there but I would rather wait for it to be listed in an exchange wherein I don't need to submit a KYC.

I think it's better to go straight to KYC. So then you do not get unpleasant situations when you either missed the time for verification or can not pass it at all and because of this you can not get your tokens.

They should require the investors and the bounty participants at the beginning of their ICO than announcing it at the end because it would give them less credibility if they would suddenly ask for KYC when many people doesn't want to give their personal information. They should include it in their announcement if ever.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:36:59 PM

Yes, KYC are becoming one of the necessary things in the ico project during the buy of the token from token sale.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:00:14 PM

I'm generally against KYC. I do not want to send my documents to unverified personalities. I'm not sure that they can keep them safe

Yes, otherwise, the data may be sold to unknown persons for use in crime. After sending the documents in order to pass KYC procedure, there is practically no way to find out what is happening to them and how they are stored.
okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

To me I feel is unprofessional for ICOs to conduct KYC after ICO. This does not always go well. If it is before investing, then people will know if they are eligible to contribute or not to avoid too many rigorous processes of fund recovery.
Adedbum

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:52:56 PM

Kyc allow the manager knows there customers very well and there source of their income in order not to make money laundry.
benhill

Activity: 304

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:59:56 PM

There is nothing bad in KYC but project developer that intend to scam the participants ie investors and bounty hunters will not  introduced the KYC at the begining of the project but after money collection from the investors or about to pay the rewards of bounty hunters they will now introduce KYC just to denied the participants of their rewards. I support the KYC because it prevent money laundering.
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 630

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:07:40 PM

Kyc allow the manager knows there customers very well and there source of their income in order not to make money laundry.
Not the project owner itself but most of them do only comply into the laws on where those projects do operate on.When they do ask KYC then most of the time their government is telling them to do so.

There is nothing bad in KYC but project developer that intend to scam the participants ie investors and bounty hunters will not  introduced the KYC at the begining of the project but after money collection from the investors or about to pay the rewards of bounty hunters they will now introduce KYC just to denied the participants of their rewards. I support the KYC because it prevent money laundering.
When it comes to protection then KYC is an advantage but we all know that not all projects would really be legitimate for you on carelessly sending out your informations.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
kagtaviy_mo

Activity: 322
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:16:46 AM

Hello, I think that this is not a particularly pleasant procedure. For me it does not really matter when this procedure should be done. Before or after the ICO.

Preview:
》》》VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING《《《
LIGHTPAPER ☆ WHITEPAPER ☆ TOKEN SALE
Telegram Channel | Telegram Community | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Airdrop | Bounty

Code:
Code:

Sr Member. Hero Member. Legendary
Preview:
》》》VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING《《《
LIGHTPAPER ☆ WHITEPAPER ☆ TOKEN SALE
Telegram Channel | Telegram Community | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Airdrop | Bounty

Code:
Code:
Seunbabatunde

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:19:34 PM

KYC is the way to fix out  the scammers during the ICO and also to detected those that are using multiple account during ICO.
MsBella_120799

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:31:52 AM

KYC is a good protocol to be practiced by ICO's management so that they can secure their projects from the people who are their in their restricted zones and from the bots...KYC or Know Your Customer is one of the good way to identify if some ICO are legit...
antsam

Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 02:48:26 AM

If I trust in the project - I will pass KYC. If I don't trust in the project - I will never pass)
And in general - I am a law-abiding citizen of the country except that I have a bitcoin) Therefore if someone learns who I am such - I won't strongly be upset.
Though, I heard stories when just according to the photo of the passport of the person took the credit - here already you begin to think

I strongly agree with your statement, the key is trust. If we believe why not, but if we fear our personal data is misused, don't do it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: