Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC, during or post ICO?  (Read 511 times)
Sharingjoy

Activity: 130
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

You can get your reward token if you pass the KYC... while they have your personal identity that can be use for them to other transactions or sell them to the black market. We can't trust them if they will keep safe our personal data.
DeluxeJR

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:58:41 PM

Personally I do not support KYC. It is like a centralized feature for me. We don't need something like this in Crypto space.
kominfo.id

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:32:13 PM

You can do KYC when ico takes place and it can also be done when ico is finished because there are several ico founders who provide KYC opportunities like that for investors.
alizalela7

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:44:48 PM

Some ico programs that participate in the program they need to request clients or members of the KYC family that are related to the identification of the individual is somewhat reduced to cheating.
waldocarter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

I think it's better to pass KYC right away, before investing in the project. To be sure that you are allowed to this project, and do not lose your investment. There is also a problem with the passage of verification after the ICO. Trivially, you can skip the announcement of the passage of KYC and the problems will begin.

ILScoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:06:34 PM

What is the  pros and cons of doing the KYC during the ICO or post the ICO?

I've participated in many ICOs, some of the force you to do the KYC before you can buy their tokens, others they wait and later send you a KYC email/request. so i am wondering what are the pros and cons of each approach

kyc are required to get to know investors better, there are also some big exchange that doesn't not allow listing of tokens that does not do kyc for their ico,  I guess that's the reason why majority of ICOs are requesting for kyc
hwenhuynh

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:11:28 PM

When joining AIrdrop, we will do KYC before, But with bounty campaign, we will do KYC after finishing the campaign.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:04:37 AM

In relation to investors ICO, here it is necessary to decide for each person how to act in a particular case. If you need their new tokens, you can wait until they are listed on the stock exchange and fall in the price, then buy them without any KYC checks.
As for the participants in the ICO generosity campaign, such a KYC check on them is not legal at all. We are not investors and therefore there is no need for us to conduct such a verification. The ICO teams here either are reinsured, or they want to get your identification data and run away with them and the money collected, or if such a claim is declared after the completion of the ICO, in order not to pay the tokens earned by the hunters.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Hunters behind their heads need to ignore ICO, where we are required to undergo a KYC check. We are not investors in ICO projects and therefore we should not pass such an audit. They must be required to confirm such a right to be examined against us, and if such a requirement is made without warning after the end of the ICO, then send them other people's data.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:43:35 AM

usually according to experience I have ever got you can do KYC when you register to become an investor after that you are usually asked to provide your information to do KYC so at the same time when ico takes place you can verify KYC.
Cagan

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:42:50 AM

project owners have to make KYC so that they can be officially done. I understand that and I trust the eger project I will join ICO KYC is not a problem to pass. Do not give out your credentials if you have something to lose and believe that eger project may be scam. but I know that they will not be able to harm me with my information. I think you will have to go to kyv but all of them will do kyv later.
Apollyon
Copper Member

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:52:14 AM

If the project is legitimate, due diligence, then kyc. Especially for private networks or anything that is sensitive like finance and healthcare.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1131

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:14:11 PM

As long you do sent out about your information then its already considered to be a Cons. You already exposed out those important information about yourself and just like others said it would possibly be used into other purpose. This is why as an investor and if you dont like KYC then you should really clear things up earlier, if it would need kyc or not even on the first days of sale or even on the last days.
Its your responsibility to seek deep through.

CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

Why look for the pros and cons of each approach, if the result is what KYC needs to do. For example, many bounty hunters against this, for them it is unacceptable
palermofc

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:07:33 PM

I don't see any huge difference between before and after ICO approaches. I prefer doing KYC before, because it's more clear for you and the company to make identification.
Serveev

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

Actually, kyc is a bad thing. Many people can find out your address, Name and surname. But in some countries it is forbidden to participate in the ico and therefore need a kyc.
nikola_wyatt
Copper Member

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

I don't think that most of the crypto projects need KYC. If an ICO needs KYC, probably it shouldn't been running... This kind of audits are for securities, not cryptocurrencies nor altcoins...
valid46

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:57:47 PM

Many of scammers will take money from you for their tokens. And then they will sell your data that you provided to them through KYC
pltgksl

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 11:05:34 PM

KYC is risky because everyone wants to keep some special informations so somebody may not invest some platform that need to KYC
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:19:45 PM

KYC is a must for investors in the ICO project because it avoids market manipulation from individuals. KYC is only needed for investors, and with bounty members, airdrop is not necessary because Token for bounty accounts for just under 3% while for Token sale is 60%.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: