Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:03:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If BTC-e.com rapped a young girl, would everyone STILL turn a blind eye?  (Read 4389 times)
SirWilliam

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:06:50 AM

This guy Biz Markie rapped a young girl who got what he need, but she SAY HE JUST A FRIEND!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aofoBrFNdg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:27:08 AM

What btc-e.com did to you op? Did he violate you? You must sued him.  Grin
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:45:56 AM

Does anyone like rap anymore these days?

Does anyone like an opportune moment to make fun of the word rape?

I never made fun of the word "rape".

The OP himself used the word "rap".

Rap is what I'm talking about.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:56:11 AM

I have never had bad experiences with btc-e.com.

Z1#

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:20:15 AM

I don't know which is the bigger turn-off. The Bitcoin exchanges MtGox, BTC-e or the worthless pieces of shit that make fun of the exchanges victims.
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right.
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 04:31:58 AM

'website rapps girl'

hodl.

Society doesn't scale.
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:48:10 AM

If a young girl was raped by BTC-e.com would everyone turn a blind eye???

If BTC-e and a baby were in a burning building, and you could only save one of them, which would you save? What if the baby grew up to be Hitler!?

You could not have expected any serious response after a post like that, but… I believe the answer is that there are enough dumb, greedy people to supply the fraudsters and incompetent exchange operators forever.

Just hop over to Service Discussion to see threads where people send money that they cannot afford to lose to fraudsters, even after being warned they are fraudsters, and then send even more on request of the fraudster.

There isn't a lot you can do about that.

If bitcoin gains mainstream acceptance then I think a lot of the services involved will inevitably have to up their game; it will be harder to operate an outright scam, and authorities will investigate scams as seriously as they do PayPal and credit card fraud (i.e. hardly at all: it's mostly based on the merchant paying for it all).

It will of course always be possible to send btc and fiat directly to shady persons and get ripped off. The lack of any reversal ability in bitcoin will ensure this stays a factor. But in a world of mainstream acceptance I would expect that the average person would not be so interested in trying to engage in risky transactions in the first place. They'll just be dealing with the companies and brands they normally deal with. The lack of any huge volatility in the price will help keep greedy people away.

So I think on an individual level you need to be smart of course to operate in these early times, but on a general level it just needs greater acceptance.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:55:07 AM

BTC-e makes enough money (especially in Nov Dec 2013) that they don't need to steal.
I recall a bunch of idiots with weak passwords had their accounts hacked.
More recently the FUD'sters claimed that people being banned from chat were losing their accounts which is NOT how their system works.

Where's the proof?
Show us the stolen money.

miragecash

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:43:30 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 06:01:01 AM by miragecash

Er, BTC-e is in BULGARIA. Their company funds are COMINGLED with your funds, so if they Fock up, YOU will lose your funds!

Let's do an analogy, shall we? You are wiring money to some company in another country so that your money is mixed with their company's money in one big bank account. They are not audited by a third party big accounting firm. Is there depositor's insurance in Bulgaria? NONE of these bitcoin exchanges answer the phone so for all you know it is just a pimply faced kid in his parent's garage fleecing greedy gullible adults.

I was going to use campbx but changed my mind due to;
1. company funds are comingled with your funds.
2. no proper bank account, so they can't wire money in and out freely.
3. don't answer the phone. they answered a text chat at 2AM in the morning, not during business hours.

It smells like someone's hobby at best or at worst a boiler room fleecing operation, not a real business. It's the wild west. Bitcoin is not "real" money so there is no regulations like depositor's insurance, non-comingled funds, independent audits, etc to protect your funds.

I decided to use coinbase because I can freely wire money in and out, so I can keep the dollar amounts per transaction low to keep the risk low and keep dough outside of coinbase in my bank or in my wallet. coinbase has no audits, non-comingling, nor people manning the phones either. They have some photos of employees on their website, but if there is nobody answering the phone, it could be another boiler room, for all I know. However, coinbase and bitpay seem to be the most legit.

local bit coins sounds good, too but the markup is higher. Just be sure to meet in a bank so the leller could tell you if the dough is counterfeit or not. Also, meet in a bank to avoid robbery.

don't keep money in an exchange. remember, bitcoin is being your own bank. don't use the exchanges as a bank as that defeats the purpose of bitcoin!

BTC-e makes enough money (especially in Nov Dec 2013) that they don't need to steal.
More recently the FUD'sters claimed that people being banned from chat were losing their accounts which is NOT how their system works.

Where's the proof?

P.s. I am not saying all exchanges are crooks. I am just saying that you should't use exchanges like banks as bitcoin's purpose is for you to be your own bank! I don't know enough about BTc-e, coinbase, nor campbx to say good nor bad stuff about them. For all I know they coulb e totally legit. All I am saying is, BE YOUR OWN BANK. sorry you lost your coins, man. put up your addy, we'll spot you a little coin to soften the blow, man.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

Where's the proof?

What happened, where are the real facts?

Juneass

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:12:00 PM

Rape is very seldom a laughing matter.
But with a rant like that I bet he might have a smoking condom, or maby just random reasons(?), who knows.

But I suspect BTC-e is not stealing from its customers.
1, One would think they earn enough now that MtGox has problems.
2, Do not bite the hand that feeds.
shadyz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:32:12 PM

Can OP show/point to the evidence and screenshots?
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:40:39 PM

There was some problem for 2 days, but as far as I can tell those users got it sorted later https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=459464.msg5295165#msg5295165

sumantso
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

Does anyone like rap anymore these days?

Does anyone like an opportune moment to make fun of the word rape?

And its not opportune to equate some missing BTCs with rape?

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:35:22 PM

I'd rather have funds in btc-e than mt.gox right now.
heetseeker

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:25:36 PM

On Feb 24th when logging into BTC-e unsuccessfully I received a pop up message saying that I had to unlock 2FA. I opened a support ticket explaining that I couldn't log in and what the pop up window said. They replied to my email saying,

"Hello! Was requested unlok 2FA. Your account for safety was blocked by an automatic system for two weeks. Lock can not be undone before the expiration."

I tried to log in the next day and the message that i got then was that I would be able to access my account March 1st 2014, to which I thought great i won't have to wait two weeks. So on March 1st I logged into my account successfully without 2FA and at that time my balance was 500 PPC, 300 LTC, 208 NMC, and .2 BTC. March 2nd when I logged in all my coins were gone and my balance was zero. I opened a support ticket and explained the above to which they responded with the canned response after many different emails:

"Hello!
We are sorry but your money was transferred out from BTC-E.
We can't refund and return your money.
We can provide you IP logs of potential hacker.Withdrawal has been confirmed with your mail"

I have emailed again them imploring them to look into it more deeply because of their request that I unlock 2FA and they sent the same response as above. The thief converted all my coins to LTC and sent them to LZfL3JKKnGqtiBEx4e19TWn821qVUf8guR. I checked the transactions associated with this address and this individual has been hacking many accounts.

Needless to say I am quite upset about this and where before I was a staunch advocate of crypto and the promise of it, now I really wonder about the future of it when the number 2 exchange in the world is so seemingly unconcerned about security breeches to the point that they themselves appear suspicious.

Also I never received any emails requiring me to authorize the withdrawals from my account of which there were many on March 2, 2014. This pretty much proves BTC-e is the thief that stole my coins.
Zickafa

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

such an emotional post! I even presented myself at the place raped by BTC-e.com girl
JRDALLAS23

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:55:29 AM

On Feb 24th when logging into BTC-e unsuccessfully I received a pop up message saying that I had to unlock 2FA. I opened a support ticket explaining that I couldn't log in and what the pop up window said. They replied to my email saying,

"Hello! Was requested unlok 2FA. Your account for safety was blocked by an automatic system for two weeks. Lock can not be undone before the expiration."

I tried to log in the next day and the message that i got then was that I would be able to access my account March 1st 2014, to which I thought great i won't have to wait two weeks. So on March 1st I logged into my account successfully without 2FA and at that time my balance was 500 PPC, 300 LTC, 208 NMC, and .2 BTC. March 2nd when I logged in all my coins were gone and my balance was zero. I opened a support ticket and explained the above to which they responded with the canned response after many different emails:

"Hello!
We can provide you IP logs of potential hacker.Withdrawal has been confirmed with your mail"

I have emailed again them imploring them to look into it more deeply because of their request that I unlock 2FA and they sent the same response as above. The thief converted all my coins to LTC and sent them to LZfL3JKKnGqtiBEx4e19TWn821qVUf8guR. I checked the transactions associated with this address and this individual has been hacking many accounts.

Needless to say I am quite upset about this and where before I was a staunch advocate of crypto and the promise of it, now I really wonder about the future of it when the number 2 exchange in the world is so seemingly unconcerned about security breeches to the point that they themselves appear suspicious.

Also I never received any emails requiring me to authorize the withdrawals from my account of which there were many on March 2, 2014. This pretty much proves BTC-e is the thief that stole my coins.

Exactly the same story happened to me on 1st of march !!! The same answer when submitting ticket, all my balance has been stolen 452 €.
And also don't receive any email confirmation for withdrawal.

I'm very upset, this balance was my first mining gains, 2 months ...

Are there other people in the same case ?

BTC-e being a big plateform where huge volume of money goes through each day, and settled in Bulgaria, so in Europe,
I think the owners can't avoid their responsabilities. So I propose first we list the amount of stolen coins and try to intend
a legal action at the european level.

regards

renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:40:57 PM

I have never had bad experiences with btc-e.com.

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
sumantso
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

"Hello!

You had 2FA enabled but requested to remove it?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: