Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My sweet and bitter experience about bitcoin  (Read 4617 times)
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:21:18 PM

I'm convinced that everybody in the market has a bitter and sweet experience because it isn't always possible to win or lose constantly in this market. My best experience was to invest in ethereum in february last year and i was some bad investments this years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:30:59 PM

I think every person experiences sweetness and bitter moments with Bitcoin. The bitterness  is usually associated with the market dips while the sweetness is usually associated with the market bulls. But then again, we can't really complain much because we are fully aware of the crypto risks so any profit is a bliss.
AnnaGeraMsk

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:36:24 PM

I had a similar experience, only my capital fell by 80% and it was absolutely not one and not two thousand dollars)
RussCryptoBull

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:43:37 PM

Please tell me your story
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:35:40 PM

I think you shouldn't have traded your coins to altcoins. Well, I think we all have that experience here where you have regret not selling your bitcoin when its price have increased, thinking that it will go up more. I think those experiences are inevitable to us specially we are into bitcoin and knowing bitcoin's nature where it is very volatile and always subject to change. The best thing to do is to have a targeted value so that when you have reached that value, you can cash some of it so that you have profited some.
wallstone

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:40:38 PM

I think that most of the people in here do not know how bitcoin works, adn they just want to make as much money as they can, many people in here are just investing without a proper knowledge

Yes I agree in your opinion but I can't blame them cause they want to earn but in my opinion it's better you have knowledge in cryptocurrency before you join in investing in the world of crypto currency cause if you make a wrong decision it may cause lose your money.
MartinAK

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:42:33 PM

I always says my btc experience is quite a notable phenomenon but there is one thing i always use to convince myself then was that surely good days will come and i won't give up no matter what happens. Lets us persue this course in good faith without doubt whether bitter or sweet.
P60

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:44:43 PM

One of my sweetest experiences in Bitcoin is when the price of Bitcoin actually falls to the moon when it reaches 1 million and I have Bitcoin in my wallet. I was really a beginner at that time and I really didn't understand air, in short I started crawling how to adopt in the crypto world. I have gained many benefits at that time, and now, the market price of Bitcoin is still not as high as that time.
The growth of bitcoin last year is also one of the sweetest experiences that happened to me too. I have my first profit during that year and the coin was continuesly rising. Right now, the coins is so down and definitely considered as my bitter experience.

Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:10:22 PM

My wasn't same but I did something else. I cashed out some amount in, I don't know, in the middle of October, and it was an early cash out. I should of wait more but as you said who can tell the future. I am wiser now too but I still wouldn't know what would be the best moment to transfer into fiat.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:17:45 PM

Everyone who is with bitcoin for more than two years have their own ups and downs. Last autumn bitcoin costed so good that we could manage the whole renovation of the home. But this winter in the fear of missing profit I invested in bitcoin at 10000 $ point and I still didn't see at least the same price again on the market for months and there where moments we I needed money desperately, so I cased out some part of my investment and now I'm in a minus in a short word.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:10:53 AM

In joining bitcoin there is a lot of risk.I've encountered scams in joining bitcoin, but  bitcoin itself is not a scammer but the person who deals with it.

Last day only is one of my lucky day because ive joined in one apps work with it in few days or weeks and its worth it because it is absolutely free, legit and paying.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 12:25:08 AM

Out of impatience, most of crypto investors have once sold their valuable Bitcoins at cheap prices. The significance of exercising patience is very paramount and indispensable as long as cryptocurrency investment is concern.

alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:39:29 AM

I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

Does anyone have similar experience

Actualy every crypto earner have a different story  and different experience when we talk about cryptocurrency investment,otherwise all i can say thats your story about crypto is the nature of volatilty,therefore we must take risk and sometimes needs to analyze the market first,before we can create a decision of our own investment,because in the end we are the captain and the sailor of our own investment.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:21:04 AM

I believe this is a common story for many of us here. Most of the bitter sweet experiences is an effect of either selling way early or hodling too long.

And many a times, the regret is really sorrowful which is followed by "if only i knew!" And that is fairly normal.

People will always advice you to pick yourself up, charge to experience and learn the valuable lesson it packs with it.

But i'd rather us remember that this is the common pattern of cryptocurrency. It is no surprise that some gained more even when they sell early and some ended up with a valueless coin after hodling long. There is no wiser practice but to invest only what you can. Never go beyond your financial border thinking you can already predict the market turnover, that will really be an unwise decision.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:54:12 AM

My experience is similar. I didn't come in here for the money. I came here because I hated inflation. And I was young.

Wanting bitcoin to succeed, I spent most of it supporting merchants. I spent 0.5 BTC on desert!...... I had a freezer full of chocolate pastries bought with bitcoin.

Bitcoin was like $100 when I did that.

Now I look back and I realize that while supporting the merchants was good, maybe I should have been a little greedier. And yet, I don't care about exactly how much my portfolio is worth.

I understand this is still experimental and I want to contribute to it. I just have come to realize how hard life really is and that if I want to escape the worst aspects of everyday life, I need the money to buy myself the freedom to do what I want so I shouldn't just throw money around.

What I have in crypto, I am always prepared to lose. I don't rely on that for everyday expenses. I'm young. I can afford to take wild risks. When bitcoin fell from 20k down to 5k It didn't affect me negatively. I knew that might happen. I didn't feel like I lost money even though on paper I did. I believe in bitcoin and I know that success doesn't lie in the price.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
gwapoinside2

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:04:36 AM

My sweet experience about bitcoin when i cashout money and the source is bitcoin i helped my brothers and my family in financial problem the daily need in house and my wants and needs on that they bitcoin is pumping and pumping .my bitter experince about bitcoin is this year because now many scam and the lownprice of bitcoin but sooner or later i believe that on that day on my sweet experince will be back .

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:15:46 AM

I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

Does anyone have similar experience

I did experience that and I that made me to change my views so everytime I have an opportunity where an altcoins rises in the top 30 coinmarketcap, I usually withdraw that with no hesitation. I reminded myself that there is always an opportunity in crypto anytime.
dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:23:20 AM

That is so sad to hear..well it happen sometimes- you win some and you lose some, what you thought will bring you profit may not come at the time you expect it to happen, because we have no control over bitcoin or market so its really just a chance and a sense of timing once you knew that the value is high then make a decision to whether you will withdraw it or not

Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:05:53 AM

Sometimes I feel jealous when I hear someone's success story, who buys bitcoin when it's cheap, and then they become suddenly rich from the difference that occurs at the price of bitcoin. If only at that time I bought it maybe I was rich now like them.
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 03:27:26 AM

That is so sad to hear..well it happen sometimes- you win some and you lose some, what you thought will bring you profit may not come at the time you expect it to happen, because we have no control over bitcoin or market so its really just a chance and a sense of timing once you knew that the value is high then make a decision to whether you will withdraw it or not

I think each crypto enthusiast has different experienced in bitcoin sometimes sweet and sometimes bitter also. For me my sweet experienced was that during my first time of joining bitcoin campaign was succeesful and I received good payments for my contribution. And my bitter experienced was that I get scam on the 2nd time I joined and make me upset because of I do not get paid at all.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: