Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:44:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ATM's  (Read 1003 times)
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

I have not use it but I know that there are several bitcoin ATM's in some countries but hope to use it when it is within my reach because it is and plus to bitcoin.

Definitely, new BTC ATM's launching in most of the countries is a happy news for all as success is on its way and popularity is increasing day by day. The majority of the people will come to know about cryptocurrency or atleast they Start researching about it. It's a big bonus in my opinion.

Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:22:24 AM

Anyone here use a Bitcoin ATM anywhere? What was your experience like with them?

I saw these two articles that talk about the popularity of these ATM's and how much they're growing every day.

https://coinatmradar.com/charts/?utm_source=The+Daily+Bit&utm_campaign=920580fa66-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_07_01_35&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74539b8bec-920580fa66-38042251#by-country

and

https://bitcoinist.com/the-future-of-cryptocurrency-atms-has-arrived/

My other question is if people are worried about the security of these things.

If the ATM does not ask for your private key when withdrawing money, then there should be no danger. In General, it is a very convenient initiative. I vote that such ATMs should be at least 1 in every major and medium city of the planet. This will greatly change the attitude to cryptocurrency as a full-fledged tool of payment. You know?

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 01:36:28 AM

Security shouldn't be an issue as your existing coins are never at risk. I would be careful with KYC procedures though, because they can link your identity with the address you provide them.

I like them because they provide awareness, but if you have easy access to an exchange, they're not going to be very useful for you.

Urbexs

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:57:54 AM

The ATMs take a little but.
Give more confidence and security when making a tranzaccion.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:56:50 AM

Having a Bitcoin ATM is a good thing to the crypto user and the crypto space. It will increase the exposure of Bitcoin to the mainstream and as well make it easy for the crypto user to spend his cryptocurrencies in the real world apart from online purchases
Curiosity7

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:05:48 AM

For the time being, I think it's easier to simply buy online. With some of the peaks of transaction time back in December-March, I'm not so sure if I want to wait that long front of an ATM. Never tried it though.
suprex333

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:32:13 AM

With a bitcoin ATM, it is definitely easier and more sophisticated in transactions, and surely ATM companies will be more fortunate. Indeed, there are many positive aspects, but how are the procedures and security?

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Dextract

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:34:04 AM

Well the buying side is actually fine but when selling them its so shit af it takes like a long time especially if your sending with 5k fees
denmark00

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:14:17 AM

I've never used it yet but i think the fee will be very high and the security is really good. I am waiting for bitcoin ATM in my country.
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:43:44 PM

Last year I saw a similar device in one of the cities of Ukraine, but I think that today, he no longer works.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:55:22 PM

Anyone here use a Bitcoin ATM anywhere? What was your experience like with them?

I saw these two articles that talk about the popularity of these ATM's and how much they're growing every day.

https://coinatmradar.com/charts/?utm_source=The+Daily+Bit&utm_campaign=920580fa66-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_08_07_01_35&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74539b8bec-920580fa66-38042251#by-country

and

I still not have any experience about using bitcoin atm because in my country I still didn't see any atm machine like that. But I hope once my country start to adopt cryptocurrency I think there is a chance we could have atm machine that can convert bitcoin into fiat.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:27:16 PM

There are a lot of Bitcoins in my city. I think that this is good. To be honest, I have not used them yet, but I think that they can be useful.
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:46:13 PM

I think bitcoin atm will be more useful like fiat atm. But my problem is there is no bitcoin atm here in my country. So I have not experience using it. And I am curious if its good to use or not.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:16:35 AM

It would be so cool if I can use one. I can't find any Bitcoin ATMs in our country and it would be so awesome if I could actually bump into one of them cos its in my bucket list as a crypto enthusiast.
It's just like your ordinary ATM machines. When it comes to security it really depends on the area where these machines are located. There are bunch of scumbags lurking everywhere waiting for their prey. We just have to be careful enough when withdrawing from these machines for it might have hidden scanners that could possibly hack our accounts.
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1189

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:41:07 AM

I think bitcoin atm will be more useful like fiat atm. But my problem is there is no bitcoin atm here in my country. So I have not experience using it. And I am curious if its good to use or not.
There are some in my country but different city, i heard bitcoin ATMs really cool. And too bad i can't use it yet because different city. I think people will have same hope to use bitcoin atm and maybe some developers will make it to be true.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
bagsat
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:55:19 AM

The problem with atm is if ever the atm have problem you dont have a service center or a bank tgat you can ask to. Also atm is prone with scamming. Though having an atm would be a lot usefull.

Distinctin

Activity: 2842
Merit: 650

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:53:36 AM

In our country there's only few Bitcoin ATM but I'm optimistic that the numbers will grow as adoption increases.
This will help us for exposure, and so people would know that bitcoin is a real thing since we operate like bank and we have our own ATM.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:54:45 AM

and

Doesn't need to use an ATM for Bitcoin anyways, so we just have to look for another way of getting Bitcoin if ATMs are not in our place and would really love to buy some.
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:10:22 PM

lols, do you think all this can be possible if ATM is planted and during withdrawal they started asking for passport and the rest details in the machine, this makes no sense beside just as you said that the fee will much and we can't qeue  for all the confirmations before the bitcoin can be dispense from the machine after receiving the transaction alert from our cellphones.

although in my country i haven't seen any machine that uses or dispenses bitcoin.
So from what part of the world you from ?since your Bitcoin ATMs seem to be malfunctioning or not even used lol

Omegastarscream is right about the advantage and disadvantage of ATM machines of bitcoin and the bad on this is the higher fees,while the goodness is the security and the reliability because this is physically operated and you can claim in real
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:20:01 PM

bitcoin ATM will be very popular in the future, why? i think in the future there are many people that use bitcoin and cryptocurrency, if they want to change their money into bitcoin or change their bitcoin to money, they can use the bitcoin ATM that will available in all country in the world. so in the future, there are no exchanger right now

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: