Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:56:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal: Disallow Ads in Signatures  (Read 18989 times)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:11:24 PM

I agree, need to weed out spammers. but to be honest i like seeing all the sigs and the colors added flare to this forum. niw the forum look like every other forum. generic
Well according to moderators the signatures weren't the problems. It was the spammers.
Therefore they removed the signatures, and not the spammers.

=))

Na but the forums are calmer now. I suppose there are benefits of that too.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:59:47 PM

I agree, need to weed out spammers. but to be honest i like seeing all the sigs and the colors added flare to this forum. niw the forum look like every other forum. generic
Well according to moderators the signatures weren't the problems. It was the spammers.

=))

While there are measures to curb spammers, perhaps it would have been more community spirited to encourage forum users to report spammers, such that they could be deal with on a case-by-case basis. We have plenty of moderators, and many more users to the forum - if we can guide them to the offenders then we may see an improvement.

Of course, even with this signature limitation we can still take action on the spammers as a community.

And yes, I am a PrimeDice sig participant Tongue

apsvinet

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:21:33 PM

=))

While there are measures to curb spammers, perhaps it would have been more community spirited to encourage forum users to report spammers, such that they could be deal with on a case-by-case basis. We have plenty of moderators, and many more users to the forum - if we can guide them to the offenders then we may see an improvement.

Of course, even with this signature limitation we can still take action on the spammers as a community.

Enjoying the lower payouts cause a minority of us spam do ye? Heh.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:25:50 PM

=))

Well a payout for posting is better than nothing, right? Tongue It does suck a little though. Stunna has kindly offered to pay his full rate for the posts between the start of the term and the date of the change, all subsequent posts will be about 1/3rd of the rate.

Will be interesting to see what his revised rates will be. There are other dice sites that claim to offer more, even for Members, but whether they are as honourable as Stunna, I don't know. Will likely stay put and continue posting in any case Smiley

apsvinet

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:44:05 PM

=))

Well a payout for posting is better than nothing, right? Tongue It does suck a little though. Stunna has kindly offered to pay his full rate for the posts between the start of the term and the date of the change, all subsequent posts will be about 1/3rd of the rate.

Will be interesting to see what his revised rates will be. There are other dice sites that claim to offer more, even for Members, but whether they are as honourable as Stunna, I don't know. Will likely stay put and continue posting in any case Smiley
There are better paying ones, or atleast they offer better payment. But unlike with stunna you never know if they're gonna pull a fast one.
I hope he doesn't switch to an activity based payment structure.. makes no sense and would prolly result in reaaally bad payouts.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:53:36 PM

There are better paying ones, or atleast they offer better payment. But unlike with stunna you never know if they're gonna pull a fast one.
I hope he doesn't switch to an activity based payment structure.. makes no sense and would prolly result in reaaally bad payouts.

I dunno, as we have lower activity, and status, our signatures are less prominent - I didn't even notice that you were on PrimeDice too, whereas with the original sig I would have noticed immediately.

I think that the payment will be alright for Full Members as they will at least have a colour signature.

FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:54:27 PM

I'd vote for keeping things as they are...

I find is useful that poeple who mindlessly rent their sigs as spam openly demonstrate that they can be bought dirt cheap and have no principles or conscience.
It tells alot about someone who does that, thus I consider it useful info.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
apsvinet

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:57:28 PM

I find is useful that poeple who mindlessly rent their sigs as spam openly demonstrate that they can be bought dirt cheap and have no principles or conscience.
When I was advertising for bit777 he only had a few people so he checked everyone thoroughly. I made 298 posts and got paid for all of them.
It's easy to not spam and still post a lot, you just have to have opinions and know stuff to answer people's questions, or participate in discussions. I joined Primedice today and I've made about 35 posts, none of them would qualify as spam imho.
The change is some sort of collective punishment, for a few nutjobs spamming for their lives to get cash.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:04:58 PM

When I was advertising for bit777 he only had a few people so he checked everyone thoroughly. I made 298 posts and got paid for all of them.
It's easy to not spam and still post a lot, you just have to have opinions and know stuff to answer people's questions, or participate in discussions. I joined Primedice today and I've made about 35 posts, none of them would qualify as spam imho.
The change is some sort of collective punishment, for a few nutjobs spamming for their lives to get cash.

Yeah, I don't even set a quota or anything. If I have something to say, then I'll say it. Some days I don't even post.

Getting into conversations definitely helps! I think that I'll be a full member within a few weeks, just got to wait it out Smiley

apsvinet

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:31:00 PM

Yeah, I don't even set a quota or anything. If I have something to say, then I'll say it. Some days I don't even post.

Getting into conversations definitely helps! I think that I'll be a full member within a few weeks, just got to wait it out Smiley
Hah same, it's not my regular income, it's just nice to get something as a reward for doing something that you otherwise enjoy.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

Hah same, it's not my regular income, it's just nice to get something as a reward for doing something that you otherwise enjoy.

Precisely! Likewise too - do you trade?

I have a window open at work with the exchange up - though I'm sure that it only stresses me out haha.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

I have a window open at work with the exchange up - though I'm sure that it only stresses me out haha.

Here is a prime example on what goes on in threads. People go off topic on threads about things that can be discussed through PM's. This unnecessarily bumps old threads.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:40:26 PM

Here is a prime example on what goes on in threads. People go off topic on threads about things that can be discussed through PM's. This unnecessarily bumps old threads.

Good job that we have you here, nahtnam to police such a terrible crime!

apsvinet

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:19:38 AM

We were on topic and discussing the subject matter till that response, of which I could've decided to answer with a PM.
The forums are there for people to be able to communicate, and just as well as he didn't have to post that you did not have to read it.
Can people stop behaving like babies that needs to be taken care of constantly and mind themselves instead?

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:25:26 AM

We were on topic and discussing the subject matter till that response, of which I could've decided to answer with a PM.
The forums are there for people to be able to communicate, and just as well as he didn't have to post that you did not have to read it.
Can people stop behaving like babies that needs to be taken care of constantly and mind themselves instead?

The whole point of this thread is that people are getting off topic on the forum because of the sig programs. This is exactly what just happened. Im not judging on how you would respond, I am saying that it is happening across the forum.

FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:26:54 AM

hehe, indeed...

After all, they need the posts as they get paid by them.

Also nice to see how quickly they softball each other to keep the illusion of meaningful posts/replies alive.
Once given the flashlight, they react like typical cockroaches that immediately demand to be left alone as they seek the darkness.

But given the overall state of the Bitcoin community - they're generally in good company.
It's the only place outside Wall St. where you can see wildlife sharks trying to torpedo other sharks and scammers openly trying to compete for fresh victims on a daily basis.
If I was asked to judge people with Bitcoin as an example... the term civilizatory decay would come readily to mind. I never before saw so much scum and the lowest of human greed concentrated in one place before outside the banking system. Should Bitcoin ever fail, it will likely not be Bitcoin's fault - but caused by the people around it.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
apsvinet

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:39:22 AM

hehe, indeed...

Also nice to see how quickly they softball each other to keep the illusion of meaningful posts/replies alive.
Once given the flashlight, they react like typical cockroaches that immediately demand to be left alone as they seek the darkness.

But given the overall state of the Bitcoin community - they're generally in good company.
It's the only place outside Wall St. where you can see wildlife sharks trying to torpedo other sharks and scammers openly trying to compete for fresh victims on a daily basis.
If I was asked to judge people with Bitcoin as an example... the term civilizatory decay would come readily to mind. I never before saw so much scum and the lowest of human greed concentrated in one place before outside the banking system. Should Bitcoin ever fail, it will likely not be Bitcoin's fault - but caused by the people around it.
Hah, implying we're soft balling each other, and implying that even if we did it would be something bad. As stated above I don't 'need' the money as it's not my regular income, but then again it is an incentive, and I'm not denying that.
Speaking about people looking out for each other, helping each other and working together - then speaking about the human greed and scum? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:40:21 AM

hehe, indeed...

What matters here is, would any of this conversation since nahtnam's interjection have happen had myself and/or apsvinet not had paid signatures?

Of course not, because people are quick to pounce on honest members while spam bots, actual spammers and scammers roam the boards.

If members of this community wouldn't get so butthurt over paid sigs then perhaps we'd make some progress with the real issues around here.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 12:43:13 AM

hehe, indeed...

What matters here is, would any of this conversation since nahtnam's interjection have happen had myself and/or apsvinet not had paid signatures?

Of course not, because people are quick to pounce on honest members while spam bots, actual spammers and scammers roam the boards.

If members of this community wouldn't get so butthurt over paid sigs then perhaps we'd make some progress with the real issues around here.

This thread wouldnt exist if it werent for paid sigs. Even I have a paid sig, BUT I have a personal deal. I get paid a set amount of money no matter how much I post, I really dont have an incentive so I dont spam, but you on the other hand get paid per post which gives you a huge incentive to spam. Im not saying that you are a spammer, but it would be great if you didnt go off topic on threads. Anything off topic should be through PMs.

apsvinet

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:44:27 AM

hehe, indeed...

Look at his signature space, "This space can't be bought, just like it's owner" or whatever.
They're just like 90% of everyone else in this thread trying to make advertising cheap, and people earning money for advertising cheap.
"Oh, so you're earning a few extra cents per month? Scum of the earth, I presume."
It's someone trying to "Prove a point" about his own signature space, and implies that if you sell yours you have sold your soul.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: