Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:25:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it true that bitcoin is a disaster for local banks  (Read 1200 times)
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:06:17 PM

Depends on the local regulations mostly. But if a bank is smart it should be able to turn it in to another way to make money offering financial services for Bitcoin. There's demand for it I think, since people have issues securing it themselves.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:42:53 PM

Depends on the local regulations mostly. But if a bank is smart it should be able to turn it in to another way to make money offering financial services for Bitcoin. There's demand for it I think, since people have issues securing it themselves.
I don't think that it is a disaster to a local banks they are just thinking that bitcoin is their big rival, they don't even thinking first how they are going to make bitcoin or other crypto added to their business, but they think that crypto was a big scam, they are not yet changing the fact that we are now in a new era.
Uyiosarugue1

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 08:44:10 PM

bitcoin can impact banks profit if it is allowed to thrive, but banks can also benefit from the blockchain if properly used
kamoto

Activity: 122

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:45:05 PM

Of course this is the purest truth. In banks, the sense is lost as in an intermediary, they will no longer be necessary. I even venture to say that bitcoin is a threat not only for banks but for the entire financial system of the world ... so that the dollar may disappear in the foreseeable future. So we live in a very interesting time ...
Mix_Fix

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:29:36 PM

I don't think so. Bitcoin is great asset for countries with economic crisis, but developed and developing countries won't use it as main payment method! While BTC is slow and has high fees for transactions, it can reach global market.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

I heard the news, that banks are afraid of bitcoin and can replace banks, because the excess of bitcoin is much compared to local banks
I wouldn't say that it is a disaster but it is a big threat to the banks if they will not do something before their worry comes into reality.

It can get their customers and people who aren't interested of decentralization might be interested if they will start becoming curious on how its working with bitcoin.

Bitcoin won't replace the banks but it can be one of their biggest competitor in financial industry.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TahuDiniHari

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:32:41 PM

I heard the news, that banks are afraid of bitcoin and can replace banks, because the excess of bitcoin is much compared to local banks

as far as there is no main reason why banks do anti-bitcoin. although some crypto lovers say banks are not able to compete fairly with bitcoin.
kenmobility

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:40:20 PM

most times i wonder why banks should be afraid of bitcoin or crypto generally, crypto works hand in hand with the banks, to exchange bitcoin to local currency, one needs the bank, it can not be done with the banks, then i now wonder why they are being scared of bitcoin and it likes  Cry
kalstarzz

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:50:46 PM

yes, you are right, when all the people of the country start using bitcoin or altcoin in transactions, the bank will lose its role, the reason is clear because bitcoin does not need the role of the bank.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:23:29 PM

For those banks that they didn't know how yo adopt bitcoin yes it is a disaster because we know banks was continues grow and everyone was know about or what to do of bitcoin but here in my country it is not disaster because some of the banks adopt and little by little embracing the world of bitcoin. If you know how to embrace new technology it never be a disaster to your business.
Suguha

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:27:18 AM

For me yes, because bitcoin can also do what banks can, you can invest in bitcoin, you can save money in it and also you can earn in bitcoin. In banks before you can invest in it you need to pass some papers and you need to attend some appointments and also you need to have a lot of money and lastly bitcoin can multiple the money you earn in banks.
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:18:58 AM

as far as there is no main reason why banks do anti-bitcoin. although some crypto lovers say banks are not able to compete fairly with bitcoin.

At the moment bitcoin does not seem like it has enough steam to say it's gonna compete with anything. Of course if the volatility was not an issue, and was more like gold (which also its a bit volatile), you could say that. BTC looks much more like a digital asset or investment rather, because you invest in something you think it's gonna have much more value in the future.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:30:08 AM

I think bitcoin dont give big effect to local banks. Bitcoin used for transaction thru internet. Maybe give a effect but i dont think it give big impact because local banks mostly just for loan and saving

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
digroske

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:18:20 AM

Banks, as a state structure, see in the cryptomir as a threat to themselves. Bitcoin is a powerful competitor for the banking sector. The state can not control bitcoins and therefore the state is against bitcoin.
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:25:54 AM

Bitcoin is not a disaster for banks, because Bitcoin is used with a different function than a bank. Banks use to finance, lend, do some national work, it is easier to use than Bitcoin. Bitcoin will need a lot of new elements to replace the bank.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:56:10 AM

I don't believe that Bitcoin is a disaster for local banks . Actually the banks are the driving force for the public towards Bitcoin, the main cause is the distrustful faced by the public in fiat currency and also the financial crisis and Bitcoin will not  bring any disaster to the banks . To me the inflation in fiat currency is caused by the banks they make money out of debts they are covered by deposited money so I say that banks are those who create disaster not Bitcoin.

NavigateSamurai055

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:56:15 AM

Still it is not true as far i know because in most of the countries it is still ban so, bitcoin is unable to fall ant impact to the local banks but may be in future it may prove to be so.
Loreto Padolina

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:59:20 AM

Yes that is why they are against in Bitcoin
Jofel

Activity: 64

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:08:18 AM

I do not think so. The function of banks and bitcoins are not the same either. But, what's the same is the circulation of money. You invest in banks as well as in Bitcoin, you earn money in banks as well as in bitcoin but it doesn't guarantee that bitcoin causes disaster to banks. I think, when you are going to look at it in a different angle, much people now invests in bitcoin than in banks. Apart from the fact that it is decentralized in bitcoins, more people nowadays prefer to handle their own money. In the contrary, people who wants to have their own business actually goes through bank to bank when you talk about the financial legalities. Therefore, it really depends on the people.
brooklynian

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:54:30 PM

Cryptocurrency may be a disaster to the banking industry to an extent but not entirely. This is because a good percentage of investments going into cryptocurrency are from the bank accounts of the investors. It would have been easy for banks to recover part of this if they are freely able to engage in cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: