Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone is free to use Bitcoin as they want  (Read 787 times)
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:28:44 PM

Yes it is right and it has some positive and negative side also. General people use it and earn money for their future or support their family but the criminal use it for destructive purpose.
I use my bitcoin in a right way. I use it to support my family for there needs and I support my siblings to finish there studies I want them to achieve there dreams. But some people use there bitcoin in illegal purposes I can't blame it's there decision.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:31:47 PM

So, I think there is no single answer to whether Bitcoin is an asset or a currency, everyone decides for themselves, because freedom is the ultimate point of Bitcoin.
I agree with you. There is no answer whether Bitcoin is a currency or an asset, because Bitcoin can be both. And every Bitcoin owner is free to determine what Bitcoin they have.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Bajula

Activity: 166
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:57:20 PM

But you forgot that there are too many people actually damaging bitcoin becuase they just invest in here to make money, they are always speculating with the price
bocah cilik

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:40:30 AM

yes I think it all depends on the user itself
panther427

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:05:39 AM

Actually it depends. In some countries BTC is legal & in some others it's not. As a result in the countries in which it is legal, people can easily use it the way they want. On the other hand, countries in which BTC is not legal are deprived of using it. Though the trem Crypto was invented to reduce the middle man interruption in a transaction & reducing transaction barriers , it's not at that point at this time. So, it's difficult to say that you are free to use Bitcoin as you want.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:29:35 AM

Bitcoin does not use fees as I thought! For transfer, we need fee, at this time, the fee is very good but still not suitable for daily use!
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:33:59 AM

Bitcoin is the revolution of digital money, breaking the boundaries of traditional trading. Bitcoin is decentralized, transaction free through any intermediary, not subject to state taxes.
LeadHenry

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:38:15 AM

Bitcoin is a property, but not a currency. Virtual currencies such as bitcoin are assets but Bitcoin itself does not have the essential characteristics needed to be a currency that can meet the needs of modern economic development.
Nanot

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:43:06 AM

There's an ongoing debate in and outside of Bitcoin community regarding the economic nature of Bitcoin: is it a currency or an asset, a store of value, settlement layer and so on. The situation with ETF's also sparked some debates, as some argue that ETF's are bad and Bitcoin should stick to its cypherpunk roots and ignore the mainstream.

I think all sides kinda miss the point of Bitcoin. Bitcoin was created so people can send coins directly to others, without any mandatory middleman. Therefore, every use case is as legit as any other use case, it doesn't violate the freedom of any other user of the network. It doesn't even matter if Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to be a decentralized currency that will kill banks, because one of the principles of Bitcoin is censorship resistance, so if some people want to use centralized services, want regulated environments, speculation and so on, it's their right. All those things have no effect on people who want to use Bitcoin as an alternative currency.

So, I think there is no single answer to whether Bitcoin is an asset or a currency, everyone decides for themselves, because freedom is the ultimate point of Bitcoin.
As for me as what i been thinking about bitcoin yes i must say that it is a currency because i can used bitcoin for buying anything for our daily life also i want it as a electronic money it can also be asset because you can used bitcoin to start up a business but it is more effective in its currency form bacause it can used in many aspects like buying,paying abd anything else.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
Papapat22

Activity: 267

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:50:48 AM

I explicitly concur with that. Besides, I consider bitcoin as a multi-purpose built one and that what makes bitcoin fascinating for me. In fact, we have a right to choose what path we'll be taking towards bitcoin, as long as it won't be done into any illegal transactions.

hirokazu

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:56:37 AM

I agree with you. There is no answer whether Bitcoin is a currency or an asset, because Bitcoin can be both. And every Bitcoin owner is free to determine what Bitcoin they have.
That's why bitcoin can't be controlled by any third party. Every single user can use it as they want, from giving charity even for criminal action. Indeed this is how bitcoin was created from the start, for unlimited freedom and its nature decreases to his altcoin.
Mateo123

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:15:54 AM

There are no restrictions. It only depends how you handle your bitcoin.

Exactly, your success is in your hands, you have a big responsibility to handle your money, /coins,,, bitcoin is absolutely a freedom,, no governments,,, you have to manage your own central bank,,,
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:19:11 AM

There's an ongoing debate in and outside of Bitcoin community regarding the economic nature of Bitcoin: is it a currency or an asset, a store of value, settlement layer and so on. The situation with ETF's also sparked some debates, as some argue that ETF's are bad and Bitcoin should stick to its cypherpunk roots and ignore the mainstream.

I think all sides kinda miss the point of Bitcoin. Bitcoin was created so people can send coins directly to others, without any mandatory middleman. Therefore, every use case is as legit as any other use case, it doesn't violate the freedom of any other user of the network. It doesn't even matter if Satoshi wanted Bitcoin to be a decentralized currency that will kill banks, because one of the principles of Bitcoin is censorship resistance, so if some people want to use centralized services, want regulated environments, speculation and so on, it's their right. All those things have no effect on people who want to use Bitcoin as an alternative currency.

right, whole ETF thing is funny but understandable. People know it can significantly increase the bitcoin price in short term, while I don't believe it will really matter in a long run

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
teklang01

Activity: 173
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:28:43 AM

I agree with you, bitcoin is for everyone whether they used it as a payment system to buy things & products or as an asset and an investment where they can earn huge profits from it. In my country, it is not yet widely accepted to stores and other institutions, i just treated as an investment for my brighter future.
Femhab

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

If we want BTC to be of values whether as a store of value, asset or currency, it can't ignore the mainstream of standard organizations such as ETF, this is just the fact. Decentralization is not to the extent of approval. If actually we want masses recognizing BTC.

hector3115

Activity: 481

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

It can be true indeed but we are free only in that boundaries that world is allowing us to, so I'm not free to go to the store and buy bread buy my Bitcoin, until they will go and make it happen.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:30:24 PM

Of course yet. Everyone is free to use bitcoin as they want and not under any control. In my country,  bitcoin has not officially been accepted to pay tuition in institution but I believe bitcoin will surely get there because now people are knowing the essence of it.
waqarkahloon

Activity: 231

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:36:19 PM

bitcoin will be more worth when it use case in mainstream and this is going to happen soon as now almost a big community of world know about it and now big projects are coming forward to mainstream it like PundiX to use it in daily life which will make its use more and more and hence we will see more exposure and more money flowing in.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Gabriel1991

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:39:47 PM

It's  free economy , no one can force anybody to do something specific. Yes, it is true that bitcoin supposed to be a currency but due to high demand it became a asset. It is a investment tool as like gold.
erifubirugen

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 07:40:46 PM

Yes ofcourse everyone is free to use Bitcoin as they want; trade, hodl, spend etc. That means bitcoin was the answer and we got it now thankfully.. Unfortunately you can use Bitcoin in bad ways too :/ I wish all the scammer goes away and we live cryptos cleanly..  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: