Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Cex Has Frozen Your BTC! Not to be Trusted  (Read 34975 times)
Sprocket

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

I had 0.036 BTC at C-Cex and it was refunded.

So the pattern seems to be that regardless of when the ticket was filed, since I believe I was one of the first to file a ticket and also to post on the troll box about the withdrawal issue (which initially other posters disputed, incorrectly), the money is being returned if you have small amounts.  

If so, that is not a reasonable approach.   Proportionate reimbursement would make more sense, rather than leaving some people 100% on hold and some 100% cleared, why not portion it out.   Or even just return up to a cap amount - say .036 BTC - to everyone and then disburse more later as funds become available.  

Right now, it just leaves the 102 of us with no reimbursement in the dark (ironically).    You end up with 500 happier customers with small amounts of BTC and make the customers with larger balances very frustrated.

Please be patient. Trades are beginning to pick back up, volume is increasing which means we will be able to return more funds and faster. We have also added PremineCoin and RubyCoin and are working to add others so that we can bring in more new trades and increase volume as well.

We can all speculate on what the best course of action would be and there are many different options that could be taken, but we feel that this has been pretty effective to this point and we believe this is the best route to go for the moment.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and feel that we are doing the best we can with a very shitty situation.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

As I said on the troll box, I can be patient, and I understand you were handed an ugly mess to deal with.    I want to have faith that you will reimburse my BTC in due time, but the fact that BTC is going out and I have not seen a single satoshi shakes my faith in the equitable dealing with the problems.   Frankly, the people who have received their DRK or BTC telling the rest of us to be patient since they are 100% resolved while we are 0% resolved is a much bigger irritant than help.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
00ph8al

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:01:54 PM

I had 0.036 BTC at C-Cex and it was refunded.

So the pattern seems to be that regardless of when the ticket was filed, since I believe I was one of the first to file a ticket and also to post on the troll box about the withdrawal issue (which initially other posters disputed, incorrectly), the money is being returned if you have small amounts.  

If so, that is not a reasonable approach.   Proportionate reimbursement would make more sense, rather than leaving some people 100% on hold and some 100% cleared, why not portion it out.   Or even just return up to a cap amount - say .036 BTC - to everyone and then disburse more later as funds become available.  

Right now, it just leaves the 102 of us with no reimbursement in the dark (ironically).    You end up with 500 happier customers with small amounts of BTC and make the customers with larger balances very frustrated.

Please be patient. Trades are beginning to pick back up, volume is increasing which means we will be able to return more funds and faster. We have also added PremineCoin and RubyCoin and are working to add others so that we can bring in more new trades and increase volume as well.

We can all speculate on what the best course of action would be and there are many different options that could be taken, but we feel that this has been pretty effective to this point and we believe this is the best route to go for the moment.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and feel that we are doing the best we can with a very shitty situation.

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

As I said on the troll box, I can be patient, and I understand you were handed an ugly mess to deal with.    I want to have faith that you will reimburse my BTC in due time, but the fact that BTC is going out and I have not seen a single satoshi shakes my faith in the equitable dealing with the problems.   Frankly, the people who have received their DRK or BTC telling the rest of us to be patient since they are 100% resolved while we are 0% resolved is a much bigger irritant than help.

We probably wouldn't take the time to respond except to refute the scam allegations.  ;-)

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:11:38 PM

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Sprocket

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

[/quote]

We probably wouldn't take the time to respond except to refute the scam allegations.  Wink

[/quote]

Fair enough.   Let me clarify, irritating but perhaps well intended.   Wink
00ph8al

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

We probably wouldn't take the time to respond except to refute the scam allegations.  ;-)

Obviously they are legit if they refunded your .00002 btc while anyone with real money is still frozen with no ETA.

I have a good feeling about dis exchange guyz!

Yes, nobody else's money is real but your's kid.  

Acting like a child certainly should get you moved to the top of the list in my book.

Maybe you're just the last one being served because you're being a pain. 

Just saying...
00ph8al

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

00ph8al: "blah blah I support theft"

See.. now you done broke a gasket getting too agitated.

That makes no sense.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:42:46 AM

I got refunded and compensated. lost one dark in total due to the donation i made for their support and to help their situation.

nuff said?
00ph8al

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:04:59 PM

Still no funds released.

Good luck with your btc on this exchange. It'll happen again soon.

What are they telling you?

Why don't you outline your problem here and their responses? 

If you have a legitimate problem that they aren't addressing, other users would probably be interested and likely support you.
Sparood

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:13:29 PM

They have been open about what happened so far...

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:52:39 PM

So what's the current situation? What I could gather from the trollbox is that my BTC will be on hold until C-CEX has earned enough to pay up from trading fees. Time to publish the thief's info already?
Sprocket

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:17:00 AM

Tribal Bob and Company

I am posting here rather than the troll box since I am wiped out for trading funds so there the only reason I log in on C-Cex is to see if progress has been made working with Lojack to recover the funds or any other breaking news.

I am prepared to wait months if that is what it takes, it took me months to build up my mining stake to have the couple bit coins I built up, and will take me months to rebuild it now.  As it stands, our interests are aligned, we both want c-cex to prosper and make money.   

Can you do me a favor and email me when you are able to return any funds?    I don't know if you are doing that for the others as you free up funds, but it would be appreciated.   
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:19:06 PM

Ok I'm wondering at what point I should sue either the thief or the exchange. Question is, when, and which one, thoughts?

Anyone talked to police about this yet?
Bitcoin_Gambler

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:08:48 PM

C-cex has actually handled this pretty well considering the situation they were put in.

I would like some updates from lojack though.
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:49:52 PM

Tribal Bob and Company

I am posting here rather than the troll box since I am wiped out for trading funds so there the only reason I log in on C-Cex is to see if progress has been made working with Lojack to recover the funds or any other breaking news.

I am prepared to wait months if that is what it takes, it took me months to build up my mining stake to have the couple bit coins I built up, and will take me months to rebuild it now.  As it stands, our interests are aligned, we both want c-cex to prosper and make money.   

Can you do me a favor and email me when you are able to return any funds?    I don't know if you are doing that for the others as you free up funds, but it would be appreciated.   

Absolutely m8, will make sure to do so.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:01:21 PM

lojack - Very clever of you to let me believe your name was Nathan. If you check your personal messages I believe you will find we have your true identity now.

You have 24 hours to return the coins before legal action is sought.

Also, if the coins are not returned within 24 hours we will release your personal information (as per your permission which was granted earlier in this thread) so that those victims who have been affected may feel free to engage in their own legal pursuits.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
twalrus

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:21:50 PM

Here's to hoping he's nearby. There are benefits to having most of my family be in law enforcement.
jettico

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:37:56 AM

My 0.02162673 BTC were unlocked successfully. I didn't even have to raise a ticket.

What's the sense of spamming here? Raise a ticket and you will be refunded.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:23:24 AM

My 0.02162673 BTC were unlocked successfully. I didn't even have to raise a ticket.

Cheesy  0.021 btc. the problem is that the support said that the people who open a ticket first will be refunded first but now they are only refunding broke ass dudes

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:37:18 AM

Cheesy  0.021 btc. the problem is that the support said that the people who open a ticket first will be refunded first but now they are only refunding broke ass dudes
We did not release our refund policy yet. We need time to finish dealing with thief. After that there will be official policy. As promiced before - in any case everybody will be refunded.

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
heretolearn

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:46:16 AM

@c-cexscam .. it is evident why you made your username and account here - to spam against c-cex.com

What I have found is that the support staff has actively engaged and told people transparently about what happened. The incident did shake me up too, but what I find comforting is that in my experience on other exchanges which don't give a shit about your support tickets, this exchange has managed to reassure everytime someone has asked about funds. That to me is refreshing, compared to the MtGoxes and Btc-es of the bitcoin world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: