Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS HOLDING TRULY THE SOLUTION TO DROP OF BTC PRICE?  (Read 1855 times)
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:41:09 AM

I mostly see a lot of post skirting about the issue of decrease in bitcoin market price by saying hodl, hodl of which i mostly do not get them. Assuming we all decide to hodl without any transaction that means with time btc will drain and what will be the essence of the coin. We should always be a family to embrace the state of price no matter what and ensure buying and selling in order to at least have a significant effect on market price. I hodl, you hodl and we all hodl and btc will drain just like that.

I must assume the decrease in price can not be solved by just hodling our coins or it doesn't have anything to do with our coins. Because hodling our coins is just hodling our coins and waiting for it to increase its price in order for us to get some profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Janeetaa

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:26:08 AM

I think currently holding is the best decision. Because the market continues to fall, if we panic to sell then we will lose and surely prices will go down again because there will be more sales than demand. I think it's better to hold on longer and be patient waiting for market prices to rise again.
erifubirugen

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:28:35 AM

No never! The truly situation for bitcoin is "forget". If you are new in the market and going to invest, do it and forget. So your invesment need to be not all your savings, would be just part of it. Today no one can say anything certain about cryptocurrency, so spread your risk and never put your all money in..
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:31:46 AM

Its really not the solution to anything and it will depend if a considerable amount of BTC is not made available for trading. What I mean about that is it will depend if they just really hold it without the intention of selling it in the near price points. Cutting out a considerable amount of supply out of the market is really something you can do in order to push the price up but as of right now the market is not showing that someone or some group is holding back there shares of BTC as the trading volume is always inconsistent.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:32:46 AM

I mostly see a lot of post skirting about the issue of decrease in bitcoin market price by saying hodl, hodl of which i mostly do not get them. Assuming we all decide to hodl without any transaction that means with time btc will drain and what will be the essence of the coin. We should always be a family to embrace the state of price no matter what and ensure buying and selling in order to at least have a significant effect on market price. I hodl, you hodl and we all hodl and btc will drain just like that.

What does holding has to do with this bearish trend?  The crash is due to people who fomo and then get out when the market doesn't go as they wanted it to be. Those noobs thinking that this is a quick rich scheme, buying bitcoin at its peak and then exited early.

This trend continue up to May. What's left are bots and day traders cashing out the moment they got a good ROI. And there's the continue manipulation of whales and then fuds and fake news as well contributing to the epic price fall.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

iam also holding my coins since 4 years now  Huh
i don't think this is a problem for the current prize .in the opposite i think its good for the prize Wink
mainly i have the coins still to grow them by lending .

regards
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:34:27 AM

In my views, people that are into btc are categorize as investors, traders, miners and bounty hunters. Most of the investors are more into hodl as there strategy on not losing on their investment. Other people that do trading are more particular to their profit even if only they earn less for as long as they earn. However, we really do not know the percentage as to how many people are into hodling and those who are in trading which has something to contribute in the btc dip.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:44:00 AM

it is true that there are so many directives that aim to restrain the bitcoin we have, because we know that prices are currently down, and if we sell, we can experience losses and regrets.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 11:44:05 AM

The main idea is to stop selling crypto currency because of panic, because investors lose their money and have a negative attitude towards bitcoin.

We need to calm down and develop the crypto market

waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 12:32:50 PM

Hodling is like the only thing you could do when the market panicked, of course its not the only solution, you could sell and dip low, which future increase your loses if the bottom is nowhere near of what you expected, that's how market work when its really down, you could short for more bitcoins and there's certain way to make gains even the market is going down, hodling is well, the basic thing for every beginners when you suffered some loses.

annaso

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:35:33 PM

We should take individual strategic decision. HODL is best approach but who knows wheres the bottom? Just buy bites along the way at prices you like and sell even with small profits. It's always good to HODL some and sell partially so that you can reenter again at the bottom of bear market.This will also average out your BTC losses.  
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:40:39 PM

hold better than panic sell, or sell large amounts of btc. even though we all hold without making any transactions, at least bitcoin does not lose volume on the demands and will make it more stable.
Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 01:09:46 PM

I think if all the people holding it might be able to raise the price. I agree with your invitation to hold it. I also still hold all my coins because I believe this is a profitable investment for the future.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:48:03 PM

hold better than panic sell, or sell large amounts of btc. even though we all hold without making any transactions, at least bitcoin does not lose volume on the demands and will make it more stable.

If you believe that holding will get the price higher, what will you do when the demand decreases and value goes with it? Will you hold looking at the price dropping to 4000 > 3000 > 2000, until it goes back to pre MtGox prices? Holding is a good strategy if you have a long way to go before you go bust. Otherwise it's not.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 02:41:34 PM

I believe that Bitcoin is valuable today just because the early adopters decided to use their Bitcoin as a payment instrument instead of holding and now it is our responsibility to do the same because the core principle of Bitcoins states that it is a payment system. I am not against speculation but I think that we should not give first priority to speculation.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

it seems like every time that the market acts against certain people's expectations they start coming up with the strangest of ideas regarding what can change the market into their own vision. for example what OP is talking about is one of those cases where people try to convince others not to sell because they can not believe price is going down! and think if they can convince others to hold price would stop going down and start rising.

There is a FOMO brewing...
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:54:34 PM

Hmmm.. Embracing the market will cause alot of harm than good to use because those who buy in a high price will find it very difficult to cope up with the market price..
Will you expect someone to sell off his/her btc  at 6500$ when he/she bought in a higher price??
If you are the one how will you fell with that change??
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:48:36 AM

One can hodl a coin for a while and it still could turn shitcoins with value abysmally dropped. It only goes to show that hodling isn't a panacea for falling in price. The dynamics of the market is far beyond the simplicity of hodling. It even surpasses the elementary economics of buying and selling. The inter-dialogue between demand and supply as to what quantity (large quantity can crash price) is sold or bought is key. Demand has to be greater than supply to make meaning for price rise.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cryptocurrencyguru

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:57:47 AM

Holding is good for cryptocurrency but we should be cautious in holding every time we cant get profit in holding we should hold and  keep selling only whenever we see profits then only we will make profits
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:03:35 AM

I think, the best thing for small investor is holding when market drop the value. I am believe investing bitcoin for long term and i dont have plan to sell my bitcoin at short time. Holding our coin when people panic can reducing supply in market

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌