Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS HOLDING TRULY THE SOLUTION TO DROP OF BTC PRICE?  (Read 1855 times)
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 05:21:19 AM

I dont get what you mean by BTC will drain, if we all hold the price will go up because theres a demand and theres no one wants to sell their BTC in lower price so the buyers will bid higher and higher day by day, just think of the law of supply and demand and you will understand how it works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yanesna3

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:39:48 PM

Noo it think HOLD bitcoin cant make bitcoin price pump, a reasonable reason the price of bitcoin can go up is if so many request buy. Even if you HOLD it very long time but there was no request buy, still useless. So its is about the transaction not about hold
Indeed holding does not make the price of bitcoin pump, there is absolutely no connection. People who hold their bitcoin are just waiting for the right time until the price of bitcoin goes up and then sell it. I think holding is a good idea to make a small profit when btc prices are down.
I believe holding is one of the most effective strategies when market is not at its best. When price fluctuates it's best to hold and be patient until it will recover. In this way it can help reduce the level of risks and huge losses.

Always hold Bitcoin when the market is down. Even now, when the prices of the cryptocurrencies are rather stable, I prefer not to sell anything. Hodlers always win.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:45:19 PM

If we are not permitted for hodl, what is the best solution? If we are determined to sell, it will have a bad impact on ourselves.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:51:51 PM

I mostly see a lot of post skirting about the issue of decrease in bitcoin market price by saying hodl, hodl of which i mostly do not get them. Assuming we all decide to hodl without any transaction that means with time btc will drain and what will be the essence of the coin. We should always be a family to embrace the state of price no matter what and ensure buying and selling in order to at least have a significant effect on market price. I hodl, you hodl and we all hodl and btc will drain just like that.
As if all people here that has bitcoin will do the same thing lol

Having bitcoin is a commodity that you have source of income aside from your regular work.so when time comes that were in need,theres other options to take money.not only in our bank accounts or personal savings
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:06:34 PM

I personally do not understand about the up and down of bitcoin price, I read some articles that mostly say the price of bitcoin is influence by the holders itself, it means that the holder of bitcoin has crucial role about the market price. However, it has been for about a year the price movement of bitcoin tends to stay on that price, there is no significant of change of its price. Does it mean all holders are keeping safe bitcoin on their wallet?
I can't imagine if all holder are holding their coins, it must be so high the price of bitcoin.

I don't agree. Where did you read that holders are influencing the market? If you're a holder you're out of the market. You're not selling at all and you're ready to wait a long time before the price is satisfying enough. It's the traders that influence the market. They are the people behind all the pumps and dumps, not the holders.
yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:10:02 PM

In my opinion. this method is very efficient at this time because selling assets in very low price conditions will further exacerbate crypto prices in the trade market. and now is the right time to buy large amounts of crypto currency because crypto prices are very cheap. and buying crypto in large quantities will help reduce the supply of coins in the trading market so that the price of coins can rise slightly.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 06:41:49 PM

I mostly see a lot of post skirting about the issue of decrease in bitcoin market price by saying hodl, hodl of which i mostly do not get them. Assuming we all decide to hodl without any transaction that means with time btc will drain and what will be the essence of the coin. We should always be a family to embrace the state of price no matter what and ensure buying and selling in order to at least have a significant effect on market price. I hodl, you hodl and we all hodl and btc will drain just like that.
Depletion will not occur for at least one reason, as long as demand exceeds supply, and this is exactly what will happen when the majority hold, the price will gradually increase, or be kept within certain limits. In order for Bitcoin to lose its value, either a loss of confidence in Bitcoin (easy breaking of the chain, for example) or a large number of offers with zero demand are needed.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:56:36 PM

Noo it think HOLD bitcoin cant make bitcoin price pump, a reasonable reason the price of bitcoin can go up is if so many request buy. Even if you HOLD it very long time but there was no request buy, still useless. So its is about the transaction not about hold
Indeed holding does not make the price of bitcoin pump, there is absolutely no connection. People who hold their bitcoin are just waiting for the right time until the price of bitcoin goes up and then sell it. I think holding is a good idea to make a small profit when btc prices are down.
I believe holding is one of the most effective strategies when market is not at its best. When price fluctuates it's best to hold and be patient until it will recover. In this way it can help reduce the level of risks and huge losses.
holding is one of the safest ways to do when the price of bitcoin has experienced a very sharp price decline to minimize the risk of loss. survive for a long time can be done by everyone because they don't want to throw away the bitcoin they have unless it really requires money.
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 11:14:43 PM

Holding was the way for you to earn because short term investment was not recommendable due to the fluctuation of value so that is why you read from the senior to higher rank that the best strategy to earn was long term or holding coins because while the value fall and after a month were rise you earn because of patient and holding so that is why we are still holding due to continues falling because we know that it will rise again just like what happen last year.
maulana rifai

Activity: 331

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:51:13 AM

Holding was the way for you to earn because short term investment was not recommendable due to the fluctuation of value so that is why you read from the senior to higher rank that the best strategy to earn was long term or holding coins because while the value fall and after a month were rise you earn because of patient and holding so that is why we are still holding due to continues falling because we know that it will rise again just like what happen last year.
if you think about it you have to hold it in red market conditions. but in fact, many holders are selling in red market conditions even though they experience a loss they are still selling I think they are selling because there is a need and fear the value will be lost. if all holds I am sure the price will rise even higher.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 01:11:01 AM

Holding is not the only solution to adhere to when the market goes down. Most crypto investors prefer to Tether their coins during bear market seasons. The USDT is the coin which does not get affected by the upward and downward movement of the market significantly. Hence it renders approximately zero profit or loss.

MichaelOwen

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:24:54 AM

As Far as I'm concerned , holding can be seen as the solution to drop of btc price, but i don't think it will a sustainable and constant for the future. Just thinking that, everyone hold their bitcoin , not operation , how the bitcoin market is?
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:31:37 AM

Not exactly. Bitcoin is circulating. There should be a demand and supply relationship for it to have a value in the market. Better say that we should buy more and keep that buying keep on going. Hoarding of bitcoin is not adviseable. It will just stay in your wallet without the ability to circulate. Maybe keeping it in sometime is good and selling it to the best price is very good. Maybe the term "hold" is used for keeping the coins safe for a meantime to avoid dump in the first phase of it.
Tahir460pk

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 02:26:27 AM

Not sure that holding truly the solution to drop of btc as per i know that it's depends on demand and supply that's difference make him some times up and some times down.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
RitsuKawai

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:57:45 AM

For me, hodl is the easiest way if you do not have the time and skill to trade. But I think hodl will be more suitable for long-term investment.
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

I do believe what keep btc going is the fact that we wake up each day and still realise that there is still buy and sell. The moment there isn't any transaction with btc, then we can say maybe that is the end. Nevertheless, most people say hodl because there is the need to control the supply to sustain or raise the value of btc.

Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:16:37 PM

Actually, its what keeps bitcoin at the stable price of $6000. Just imagine if holders dumps bitcoin, the price could really go down and hit bottom. So no, its not the primary cause of the dramatic price fall. What's causes the price to plummet is because newbie traders panic and then investors lost its interest because of so much negative news.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

It might be effective but you can't control users and investors in that way that you can prevent selling. To my opinion just holding bitcoin isn't the best strategy also, bitcoin is created to be actively used not only as an investment asset.
RomanPoman

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:46:29 PM

It might be effective but you can't control users and investors in that way that you can prevent selling. To my opinion just holding bitcoin isn't the best strategy also, bitcoin is created to be actively used not only as an investment asset.

What exactly is bitcoin currently supposed to be used for? As of now there is no mainstream use case for Bitcoin and I believe there are other alternative coins out there who tackle the payment use-case way better than bitcoin. Intuitively I would say that most people treat Bitcoin as a store of value, nothing more, nothing less.
So I would say holding is indeed the best way to survive this massive drop.
tranle1267

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Looking to the future and control myself

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:02:52 PM

i do not think so about that. when people hold bitcoin, this can help bitcoin increase its price, and now the trading day by day by trader buy/sell bitcoin, i think no matter with this. when some one sell a lot of bitcoins they make the price of bitcoin drop so more. i think hold BTC can make the price go down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: