Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:55:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IS HOLDING TRULY THE SOLUTION TO DROP OF BTC PRICE?  (Read 1855 times)
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:42:12 PM

I mostly see a lot of post skirting about the issue of decrease in bitcoin market price by saying hodl, hodl of which i mostly do not get them. Assuming we all decide to hodl without any transaction that means with time btc will drain and what will be the essence of the coin. We should always be a family to embrace the state of price no matter what and ensure buying and selling in order to at least have a significant effect on market price. I hodl, you hodl and we all hodl and btc will drain just like that.
To drop? No, it will not drop once there are many holders. Imagine in a market, every supplier that hoards the product will sell it when the price goes up. They hoard it because there is a scarce resource and if other producers left 0 to their products, the tendency is rising of the price. Same as with cryptocurrency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bloodyvio

Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:50:45 PM

HODL is one part of it
the other part is ADOPTION
if there is more adoption, prices will rise
and the other part is REGULATIONS
this is the worst part that makes prices fall
if no more REGULATIONS then this nightmare will end

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 08:52:10 AM

I mostly see a lot of post skirting about the issue of decrease in bitcoin market price by saying hodl, hodl of which i mostly do not get them. Assuming we all decide to hodl without any transaction that means with time btc will drain and what will be the essence of the coin. We should always be a family to embrace the state of price no matter what and ensure buying and selling in order to at least have a significant effect on market price. I hodl, you hodl and we all hodl and btc will drain just like that.

It's not.
Actually selling is what make btc price drops.
Selling mean lower demand and if demand go lower the price will go lower also

A lot of factors affect the price of Bitcoin. Yes, the more time people hold BTC, the more chances that it will not fall critically exist but holding is not the main factor here, of course.
It's about finding the best strategy that works for you and understanding how to play the game smartly. The crash in price is not only dependent on HODLing, there are various factors that can affect its price. Technical analysis strategies involving the study of price and volume patterns of charts can work well, but they require skill and practice to master.
Omparkash72
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

I donot think so, the person who is investing in any market related trading he make some planning before investment and eveyone wants to earn profit by investing. but the bitcoin  market is so volatile that no one can assume the coming price. Every investor have his own capacity to hold or sell , the investor take decision with keep in mind his own capacity. my opinion is make diversify investment , donot invest all your money at the same price , keep your money for that situation when the market is dead red, invest your balance amount and make your purchasing average with courage, donot panic.

reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 09:39:57 PM

If the number of offers with the sale of bitcoin will decrease and everyone will hold, then the rest will gradually raise the price, and as a result the price of bitcoin will gradually grow upwards. Naturally there will not be sharp jumps, and it will be difficult to make a profit from day trading. But in general, the situation for bitcoin will improve.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:06:59 AM

Partially yes if you intend to make a lot of profit for yourself. Basically, you hodl because you want to sell your bitcoins at a better price. We wait for a better price to come out before we sell. This allows someone to spike up the price therefore helping the whole market to start priming up for another bitcoin price increase. All it takes is a lot of hodling and one ballsy person who would sell their bitcoins at a high price.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
steampunkz

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268

50% bonus on your First Topup

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 12:16:50 PM

For me, holding BTC for a long time is a choice for you to make, I am not literally holding bitcoins but I have a wallet and stored BTC there for like years now and I am using it as my primary funds If I need money, I will surely withdraw to fiat to support my financial needs. But still, I think its vice versa for all holders. And holding should give a little effect on BTC price I guess.

donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:32:11 PM

Maybe you are right to say holding truly the solution to drop of btc price but on other end that the supply and demand manged the price of the currency so it must be rotating and dealing all of them.
this is the original nature of digital currencies that can change at any time. I think this is not a problem for the future because I know prices will go down and rise. I only take advantage of opportunities, prices go down to buy and prices go up to sell. this is how I work for profit.

JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:07:20 PM

Every minute there will be a transaction created mostly comes from those day traders that riding on the current prices to get their profits. When the market is bleeding we can't help it even if we will hold our coins because of the momentum or bulk of sell orders. Although it gives us hope that we can minimize the damage since we keep our coins but not all of us we follow this strategy. I'm holding because I'm waiting for the best price.
lyks15

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 02:13:58 PM

I think holding is truly the solution to drop bitcoin price because all we know that bitcoin is like a merchandising product. We need to circulate well the bitcoin to make profit. And the time we store or hold our product our profit will stop. So in terms of bitcoin if we hold bitcoin the price will drop or fall because if we did not buy another stocks and only hold your coin no more income will circulate in bitcoin management so how can bitcoin rise it's value when all stock is not moving. But I did not blame to those who are holding their coin now because we see the value of bitcoin now and it is lower than past few months and I know most of them are bought their bitcoin in higher price so they are waiting to bitcoin will rise again before to use it to prevent loss.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
mweezy

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 06:04:57 PM

You have point here, I don't think selling of bitcoin is the reason why bitcoin price is down rather I will say people are trying to manipulate bbitcoin so they can get in or buy more. Take a good look at 2017 do people nnot sell bitcoin but that don't not hold the price not to raise, so holding of bitcoin is not the solution to bitcoin price raise.
LinkinPrak

Activity: 155

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 07:29:05 PM

In my opinion, holding for a long time is not the right solution. Imagine if all crypto currency players only hold crypto currencies, the crypto currency market can actually die. If we only hold then there is no movement in the market. Supply and demand activities on the market will stop. This situation will only aggravate the market situation. A good solution is we temporarily hold on and besides that we think of a strategy to restore market conditions. That means we are not always a passive player who just holds on and waits for change. We should not wait for changes but we must make changes.
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:07:48 PM

Yes if we hold this for the mean time because the price is too low for now to sell i thinks is the best solution is to hold and sell it when the price will rise it is an investment. Its like a old coin they based how value is it. Holding btc is a good thing to increase its price, as the more btc in hands of us, the less btc in the market.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 11:44:34 PM

Holding is not the solution to the price of any commodity, there must be supply whichhwill must be met with demand, maybe more demand than supply to effectively influence the price.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:15:28 AM

In this bear market, i think its not good for selling our bitcoin. Holding our bitcoin is good decision because we reducing supply in market and i am believe on market mechanism that price determined by supply and demand.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:37:29 AM

I apply this principle to hold my coins if the price is not good enough to give me profits as I don't want to sell it in a losing price then buy back at bottom. Buying at bottom is not easy due to unpredictable market. Although I believe that holding is not a solution to stop the bleeding but it will avoid to add more drop. The only proven solution to stop the drop is to increase the buy support if you have enough funds.
What if you don't have the remaining funds? holding is not the only way to solve the drop price. because one coin can continue to drop and die. and holding will be useless? the most important thing is to choose a choice that is in accordance with the real situation in the market. when prices continue to decline then sell and buy at a price below. that sounds good plan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: