Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:21:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin more worth than other cryptocurrencies that have better specs?  (Read 1525 times)
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

One of the main reasons why Bitcoin has more worth than any other cryptocurrencies is because it has the proven track record to secure hundreds of billions of dollars ($269 billion as of Dec.8 ) without getting it lost to theft or accident.

If a person manages to successfully hack Bitcoin, he or she will easily top the Forbes’ Billionaires List at #1. And believe me, people have definitely tried to get this money that Bitcoin holds right now.

No other cryptocurrency has been held to the same amount of scrutiny and stress-test as Bitcoin. Let’s really test the limit of this technology.

Good or bad, I’m extremely excited what we will see in the future.

I hope you are too.
I dont think accordingly to yours. I mean what are you trying to say , currency hacking , really , Bitcoin hacking !!!! , you can hack the wallets which holds bitcoin and thats it , you own the bitcoin. In case of a bank fraud , have you ever seen cash hacking , its the hacking of banks systems. These happens with all currency i think , if you dont keep your wallet safe , yours will be hacked and you will losse assets. And one last thing , the hacking probability of all the currency are equal. But bitcoin price will be always greater than others , because it is the mother currency of all , can you imagine of crypto world when Bitcoin was not invented.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:08:40 PM

One of the main reasons why Bitcoin has more worth than any other cryptocurrencies is because it has the proven track record to secure hundreds of billions of dollars ($269 billion as of Dec.8 ) without getting it lost to theft or accident.

If a person manages to successfully hack Bitcoin, he or she will easily top the Forbes’ Billionaires List at #1. And believe me, people have definitely tried to get this money that Bitcoin holds right now.

No other cryptocurrency has been held to the same amount of scrutiny and stress-test as Bitcoin. Let’s really test the limit of this technology.

I hope you are too.
bitcoin will forever be meaningful, altcoin is just a reference tool with various developments in crypto, which I have seen all this time all altcoins still have a dependency on bitcoin

colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:24:47 PM

Bitcoin have value more than other currency because of some reasons.. one is that it was the first of all alt coins and beside it was from it others were launched so it has every reason to be very high than others
capn

Activity: 236

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:40:24 PM

We need to remember that bitcoin is the first and the biggest in terms of market capitalisation cryptocurrencies at the stage, so most of the people are thinking that Bitcoin is representing cryptocurrency in general.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
pernah ada

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:19:53 PM

in my opinion, because bitcoin is a digital currency that appears first, therefore it has better specifications than others.
ashfakur

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:32:59 PM

Yes, you are right dear me too, I believe in bitcoin, and I also believe that bitcoin will be million of dollars and one at a time, once we can see that 1 bitcoin = 1million dollars! I hope to see it is very early soon, if not hack, I hope we can  see it within two years, I will take a little time but I think that,  in my opinion bitcoin will be 30k dollars In December 2018, so best of luck guysBTC

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:39:59 PM

Beacuase it's an older coin widely accepted by many people over the world. But it may be changes as people start using other coins.Like Monero on dark web. Where BTC volume reduce and Monero volume increased.
Yes, I think of that too. Bitcoin is already been rooted deep in every investor's mind and heart. The trust snd reliability is with this coin. Though there are new potential ones and more are already using it, but still, I know the investor's top choice is still the bitcoin.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:45:26 PM

How do you sure that those coin has better specs than bitcoin? I am sure that Satoshi Nakamoto was think about all aspect before he create bitcoin, many people said that ETH is better than Bitcoin but now what? Even blockchain bloat of Eth is getting close to bitcoin although ETH is new cryptocurrency. It is indicates that what we call better specs maybe not really good and appropriate in real life.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:49:41 PM

Because it was the first digital coins accepted and patronized by the people. It was also the first digital coin with greater demand and value in the market. It was also the famous coin ever since. Also bitcoin was the first digital coins that attract a lot invetors in crypto world.

Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:50:17 PM

it is absolutely true that bitcoin has advantages over other coins, because we know that bitcoin will not be hacked, and that is the greatness of bitcoin that no one can afford.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:55:17 PM

Oh yeah right.

Some genius made bitcoin then lets copy it and be popular too. Then someday step on that bitcoin so that we could be have greater value than it.

Really man? You want to go to the comparing part?
You will not be in this forum noe asking that questions without bitcoin. Hell, you wont even see those what you said as "better feature" altcoin without bitcoin being born in this world.

I hope you are just making silly questions.
pimkobai

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:10:18 PM

In my opinion, I think bitcoin has much worth compared with the other altcoins considering that btc is the 1st ever digital currency that had made an extra mile achievement especially with the last quarter of 2017 where it had reached it's market value up to $20K USD. BTC has more supporters and investors as compared with the altcoins where until the current situation, more and more people are encourage to get involved with btc because they are seeing good profit once they had invested.
kamoto

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:30:58 PM

Is it possible that I'm not the only one who asks this question?
I also thought a lot about this topic ... and nothing comes to me except one thought. Most likely it's trite that bitcoin was the first of its kind ... due to what he could become so popular. Over time, bitcoin became the face of the whole world. Hence the cost is so high. However, I am almost 100 percent sure that in the future some currency will move it from the leading position
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:54:02 PM

There are several reasons that make Bitcoin more valuable than other coins. Limited supply, difficult to mine, cryptocurrency first, and lastly, in my opinion, is already integrated into many Exchangers.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:08:10 AM

bitcoin is different from other digital currencies that have ever existed in this world. bitcoin has a decentralized concept, and there is no centralization in bitcoin, bitcoin is not like the USD controlled by the USA. bitcoin is also not printed like other fiat currencies.

and bitcoin is produced by those who protect the bitcoin network ecosystem with the mining process. bitcoin integrity is always maintained so that the security of bitcoin systems is hard to hack, especially bitcoin uses a peer to peer system, there is no centralized system, and there are no specific servers in each block.

ziac
Copper Member

Activity: 140

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:14:07 AM

The main reason is it was the first cryptocurrency and they most well known.. The scarcity also has the impact more miners mine and its thr most talked cryptocurrency out there so the hype focus on bitcoin.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:29:51 AM

I don't think that altcoins with more sophisticated specifications are not a good thing, actually there are a lot of minuses on the road and they can't make it 100% safer, of course knowing that behind the coin makers they want it. to sell more than anything and maybe make a scenario that looks more advanced and better than everything else and other people do the same, then time will prove it.

Bitcoin is the best in everything, decentralized non-engineering is a little aware, it has been tested in the years after its appearance, at least making the public believe that Bitcoin is the best, nothing can beat its popularity.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Oh yeah right.

Some genius made bitcoin then lets copy it and be popular too. Then someday step on that bitcoin so that we could be have greater value than it.

Really man? You want to go to the comparing part?
You will not be in this forum noe asking that questions without bitcoin. Hell, you wont even see those what you said as "better feature" altcoin without bitcoin being born in this world.

I hope you are just making silly questions.
Correct, this is like asking why The Mona Lisa is considered a masterpiece when we can make a copy of it with our printer in just a few seconds, the copy may look like the original but it is not, it will never reach the level of quality from the original, it was not painted by a genius and it does not have the story behind that the original was.

The same happens with bitcoin, bitcoin is a masterpiece, it is probably the work of a genius that thought about this topic for years if not decades, and altcoin developers just want to tweak a thing here and there and they want to be considered geniuses as well and that their coins have the same popularity as the original and that is not going to happen.
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:48:41 PM

I believe you are right,  btc is worth valuable than any other currencies since this is the only currency that can increase in multiple percentage with respect to price than any other currency. Btc is the baseline of the altcoins since it depends on btc's growth.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:32:41 PM

I hope you are too.
Many coins claims to have better specifications but that is false most of those coins are either centralized or a huge amount of the coins are in the possession of the creator of the coin, even with a huge amount of bitcoin that whales are holding the distribution of bitcoin has followed a more natural pattern, so it is a coin that we can actually use to purchase products and services unlike most of those coins claiming to be better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: