Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Bitcoin more worth than other cryptocurrencies that have better specs?  (Read 1519 times)
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:24:13 PM

Bitcoin is the oldest cryptocurrency, and the first successful one, with the highest price and value right now, and hence its community is a lot bigger and more active than any other cryptocurrency's community, it's briefly more popular and usable than any other altcoin.
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:37:07 PM

I agree with you, the reason that bitcoin has the highest value and attracts the most investors. Because it is the first virtual currency, safe, price fluctuations are strong. Easy to generate unexpected profits. Strong growth rate of large market capitalization. These reasons make it never lose interest from investors and it is always the best virtual currency.

Kidmat

Activity: 774

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:42:02 PM

Bitcoin is the oldest cryptocurrency, and the first successful one, with the highest price and value right now, and hence its community is a lot bigger and more active than any other cryptocurrency's community, it's briefly more popular and usable than any other altcoin.
Yes it has also proven for many years that bitcoin is the most top coins that are still active and existing. Even other has also goodw features that claims by others bitcoin is still the best crypto which has also growing community. It has more worth crypto than others with it’s features that patronize by users until now.
iamzill

Activity: 677

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:05:54 PM

bitcoin can be said to be one of the best coins that have high potential and security for its investors. if another coin can be dumped in the near future but not for bticoin that will definitely keep the price going up to the highest position.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 11:27:21 PM

bitcoin can be said to be one of the best coins that have high potential and security for its investors. if another coin can be dumped in the near future but not for bticoin that will definitely keep the price going up to the highest position.
Maybe bitcoin can dumped too, but can't really manipulated (i mean manipulated in a short time) so someone not get any profit whenever they want. And it what make different with another altcoin

kvipcn

Activity: 255
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 11:44:00 PM

Beacuase it's an older coin widely accepted by many people over the world. But it may be changes as people start using other coins.Like Monero on dark web. Where BTC volume reduce and Monero volume increased.
I don't think Bitcoin being the oldest cryptocurrency is the reason why its worth more than the other cryptocurrencies. The market price of Bitcoin is determined by people with huge number of bitcoins. They either increase the supply rate of bitcoin or decrease the supply rate, which affects the market worth of bitcoin.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:54:22 PM

If a person manages to successfully hack Bitcoin, he or she will easily top the Forbes’ Billionaires List at #1.

no no no no
you're wrong about this
if that happens, that person won't become number 1 at the Forbes' Billionaires List
because at that moment bitcoin becomes worthless at all
that's funny if you think like that, why do people still want bitcoin if bitcoin can be hacked easily?

gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:34:14 AM

because bitcoin is the first crypto in the world and big investors have invested their money in bitcoin. after many altcoins appear with specifications better than bitcoin, but bitcoin already has high demands and the price is too far from the altcoin.
that's just my opinion, because there is no valid theory about it.
CadieTom

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:42:34 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Bitcoin is more worth than other cryptocurrencies because It was the first coin in this market and limited supply
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:48:30 AM

If a person manages to successfully hack Bitcoin, he or she will easily top the Forbes’ Billionaires List at #1.
What the heck are you saying, man? Do you mean hack the Blockchain Network of Bitcoin and get all the bitcoin on every wallet? seriously Huh
Don't you know that Bitcoin is unhackable and no one can do this even the greatest hackers cannot penetrate Bitcoin's Blockchain Network and its security that has been proven for almost a decade?
Bitcoin's Blockchain is used and run by millions of users worldwide(distributed ledger) on their own personal computers and this is one of the main reasons why Bitcoin is tamper proof and impossible to get hacked.

no no no no
you're wrong about this
if that happens, that person won't become number 1 at the Forbes' Billionaires List
because at that moment bitcoin becomes worthless at all
that's funny if you think like that, why do people still want bitcoin if bitcoin can be hacked easily?
I think he is just daydreaming and knows nothing about Bitcoin and its Blockchain system lol. Grin
shashikamal

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 09:07:51 AM

BITCOIN is the inception of it's kind of Crypto currency lying on blockchain, numerous reasons behind & the whole world were amazed by the concept & how the world could be changed due to Blokchain. Bitcoin is the first use of it as currency. same time world realized that BTC is a currency & Payment gateway which solves most of problems in financial sector. Even a poorest can use BTC for buying some stuff for daily needs  when the concept is developed & comes in the practical level. As a asset it is adopted & supported by many experts, Tech companies, Researching institutes etc. Still ALTS cannot replace BTC as a asset with level & amount of adoption by the world.

minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 11:19:35 AM

I agree with you, even bitcoin short fluctuations make many altcoins that cannot survive. fall and have no value.

this also proves us, that altcoin is easily influenced by bitcoin fluctuations.

Mind you short fluctuations can be devastating for Bitcoin holders as well. 3 days ago I had $1100 in btc, today it is less than $1000. Almost a $100 loss .. the bigger your holding .. the bigger you lose. Its crazy how much you lose when the prices in btc swing even just a little bit
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 12:13:38 PM

Other cryptoccurency may have better specs than bitcoin but the question is, do they have the trust bitcoin has? Regardless of the specs of the other coins, bitcoin has already survived ten years and was the first one to be successful. This is the reason why bitcoin gain so many trust and still have people's trust even though new coins keep showing up with better version. Some wouldn't risk on something new when they already knew whom they can trust... The success of bitcoin results to new other crypto popping up. Because bitcoin were able to survive, thinking they can beat bitcoin or can be successful just like bitcoin, they'll make their own coins with better specs... Without bitcoin, other cryptoccurency are nothing.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2019, 12:59:52 PM

ROFL... It is true that Bitcoin is not the most advanced cryptocurrency out there. After the creation of Bitcoin in 2009, we had the first second generation cryptocurrency in 2015 (Ethereum). And two years later, we had the first third generation cryptocurrency (Cardano). Now the question arises why they haven't replaced Bitcoin. The reason is that the users are not looking for a technologically better coin, but for a coin that can be trusted and is easy to use.
Alexandr Kirichenko

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Distributed Intelligent IoT Technology

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:15:57 PM

Mind you short fluctuations can be devastating for Bitcoin holders as well. 3 days ago I had $1100 in btc, today it is less than $1000. Almost a $100 loss .. the bigger your holding .. the bigger you lose. Its crazy how much you lose when the prices in btc swing even just a little bit

Yes, it's true, but if you look at the altcoins that will be invested the same amount of money, then when they fall, the same percentage will be lost. So it doesn't mean anything. But Bitcoin is trusted more than any other altcoins, as it is time-tested.

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 06:27:23 PM

One of the main reasons why Bitcoin has more worth than any other cryptocurrencies is because it has the proven track record to secure hundreds of billions of dollars ($269 billion as of Dec.8 ) without getting it lost to theft or accident.

If a person manages to successfully hack Bitcoin, he or she will easily top the Forbes’ Billionaires List at #1. And believe me, people have definitely tried to get this money that Bitcoin holds right now.

No other cryptocurrency has been held to the same amount of scrutiny and stress-test as Bitcoin. Let’s really test the limit of this technology.

Good or bad, I’m extremely excited what we will see in the future.

I hope you are too.

I don't think I agree with you on this. The basic reasons behind why bitcoin is more valuable than other cryptocurrencies are;
1. Bitcoin introduced blockchain technology which led to the introduction of other cryptocurrencies.
2. Bitcoin is the father and king of all cryptocurrencies.
3. Bitcoin introduced financial freedom to everybody no matter your social status.
boris2470

Activity: 113
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:12:29 PM

One of the main reasons why Bitcoin has more worth than any other cryptocurrencies is because it has the proven track record to secure hundreds of billions of dollars ($269 billion as of Dec.8 ) without getting it lost to theft or accident.

If a person manages to successfully hack Bitcoin, he or she will easily top the Forbes’ Billionaires List at #1. And believe me, people have definitely tried to get this money that Bitcoin holds right now.

No other cryptocurrency has been held to the same amount of scrutiny and stress-test as Bitcoin. Let’s really test the limit of this technology.

I hope you are too.

If Bitcoin is hacked by someone and this person will be found, he will go to jail and not to the Forbes top list. And I'm sure that after the crack of Bitcoin, crypto will be depreciated, it will crash forever
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 07:36:15 PM

I hope you are too.

If Bitcoin is hacked by someone and this person will be found, he will go to jail and not to the Forbes top list. And I'm sure that after the crack of Bitcoin, crypto will be depreciated, it will crash forever

Bitcoin will not be able to hack and even if you have supercomputer also you will not able to hack be crypto algorithm because security is the major concern on cryptocurrencies payment. If you find any problem in transactions there you might have missed it with incorrect information.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
October 05, 2019, 08:00:55 PM

I don't think I agree with you on this. The basic reasons behind why bitcoin is more valuable than other cryptocurrencies are;
1. Bitcoin introduced blockchain technology which led to the introduction of other cryptocurrencies.
2. Bitcoin is the father and king of all cryptocurrencies.
3. Bitcoin introduced financial freedom to everybody no matter your social status.
These are very well said, Well, in my own opinion and I think it's because Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency the reason why is more worthy rather than other cryptocurrencies. Also, many people trust Bitcoin and there are a lot of demands for it even if the price drop down it is still number 1 and no one can replace it. Another conclusion, because bitcoin was an open-source code and there are many developers who try to have an improvement on it.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 02:17:34 AM

I hope you are too.

It is not just the value that it secures for me that determines why Bitcoin became worthier than other cryptocurrency. Lets add the concept of the bitcoin's name, basically its a trademark that can easily remember by anyone since from the word bits which is related to computer, and coin means money. In short, bitcoins name contributed greatly from the success of it. In my opinion, satoshi's being anonymous is one of the thing that makes me wonder more about bitcoin, and be more curious about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: