Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:05:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox - how can we get our money/bitcoins back?  (Read 1495 times)
avihay (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:15:32 AM

Hi, does anyone have an idea regarding the mentioned above?

there are a lot of people affected by Mt.Gox ill conduct, I'm sure we can pull of some moves that might help.

Also, are there any users from Japan that can help contacting the authorities?
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:25:38 AM

The JPN authorities won't do anything - they have clearly stated this publicly.

The only thing you can do is cross your fingers that MtGox doesn't declare bankruptcy, but instead tries to rebuild its business after a re-branding and re-organization.  If they go bankrupt, you're out of luck.  However, the fact that MtGox held on this long after suspending withdrawals suggests that they do intent to try to keep the business alive - so I would hold faith yet that you might see your BTC again... someday.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:30:15 AM

One of the more trusted members here should start a list of people and how much they are owed. Maybe a few people will be able to present the list if given the opportunity.
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:41:50 AM

One of the more trusted members here should start a list of people and how much they are owed. Maybe a few people will be able to present the list if given the opportunity.
Why?  MtGox will either re-brand itself and survive, and you will have a chance at getting repaid, or they will go belly-up, and then you have no chance.  A list isn't going to do anything at all.
avihay (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:57:08 AM

Waiting for Mt.Gox to recover/die is one option, but isn't anything else we can do?
sydeley

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:50:37 AM

I could get access to my account information in Mt.Gox via official mobile app from mt.gox. And was surprised: it seems they annuled bitcoin-buy transactions and returned all the money you initially payed for bitcoins. They even returned the trading fee. So, now on my account I have the whole sum in Eur (I traded in eur) and zero bitcoins.
Unfortunately, this is all what you can do with this app in the moment.. of course, no withdrawal is available..

Any thoughts?
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:40:09 AM

Could be old data before you purchased coins ? Saw someone else saying they didn't see the right amount of coins on their account when accessing the same way.

studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:42:05 AM

Screw my coins. I want my pack rat and Cronomaton cards back.

BINTEX