Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:55:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Much Does It Really Cost to Launch an ICO?  (Read 601 times)
robertcross07

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:34:08 AM

As I know it depends on the project requirement and project goal. I already see that some project increased a million dollar and others are raised on a round half.. I think its depends on ones particular need and what the other party offer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:39:29 AM

I never running any ICO project before but as I know you need to have thousands bucks. Which you need to pay the most for is promoting, I believe that, creating website and renting dev team will not cost so much but promoting is the biggest problem, you need to promote on so many social media networks and forums to get attracted by investors.
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:26:50 AM

It’s really depends on your strategy and plan about project. If you want to build up a sustainable and productive project you need to spent much money other hand if you want to launch a lame project there is no cost.
coyote50

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 01:58:36 PM

I read an article once about how you can launch an ICO for less than $1000 by hiring freelancers to do everything from the code to the website to the promoting.
impulse709

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:02:53 PM

As ethereum network required <1$ to build a token, so you only need to pay for coder and get smart contract. This might cost 1k$, but it will decrease more because lots of free smart contract released. Then you build website, marketing... and these will cost as much as you want.
laynum

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:45:17 AM

This varies with project ideas. The amount needed to launch one project might not be the same that another needs to get launched. It just depends on the project, what it aims to achieve and how far it is willing to go. Some might say that for a project to be really successful, it might need a lot of funds for its launching. Some might think otherwise. Whatever works for you, go with it.
BlackFly

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:11:51 PM

If you want to launch normal project you don't need lots of money but for a serious project you need more money.
worldtraveller505

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:50:12 PM

This will definitely depend on your project. If you implement a big and good one with a lots of goods stuffs than obviously it will cost a lot. Otherwise it won’t be that much
cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:15:38 PM

Remember that things which are obtained at a cheaper price are not always the best ones. Sometimes, good things come with a price. And in order to build a good ICO, you need experts, something which comes with a price, a good one at that. So it depends.
Astrilian

Activity: 350
Merit: 112

Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:21:24 PM

I think to be able to run an ICO project, you need to have thousands dollars for renting dev team, writing WP, creating website, promoting,.....There are so many things you have to do when you wanna run an ICO project and it's really difficult to create a successful ICO project at this time when whole crypto market is being in downward trend.

Thousand dollars are not millions, but this is what most ICO are collecting, in my view far above what you need to develop a project. You can even copy code from existing projects and develop your own coin, in theory it does not even cost one dollar.

CryptoManiac3

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:21:36 PM

I believe that in the launch you don't need much, it would be like making a fundraising in Kickstarter, you put the product, more or less what it will do and you can be ready to collect, I believe that in the Nebio platform you can make tokens for 10 nebios so it is not so expensive, the real cost comes later, with marketing, development, community management and servers etc, of course, many things you can do it youserlf but if your project is legitimate you need a lot of help.
gabagandalf

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:23:36 PM

i think it does not cost much money to start an ico. if it would cost a lot of money, we did not have so many scam icos.
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1218
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:27:30 PM

I don't intend to launch a shitcoin that won't be listed on a good exchange and have silly names like TrumpCoin, PutinCoin and the likes. Is it really just a shitty whitepaper and an even shittier website and you are ready to go? Since the majority of the projects don't have a proof of concept and they purportedly gather millions. Or then again are they just inflating the numbers and simply lying that they raised several millions of dollars?
it depends on how wide and huge is the project you plan to develop, its suppy, its budget for the development, and also some important things you need to do before fully launching it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Asmh85

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:30:12 PM

This the first time I think about launching ICO!!, But I have seen in services section that some dev may charge 0.2 BTC creating token.
bitcoinhero777

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:18:16 PM

This varies, the better the project and the team is, the higher will be the price. It can go up to millions or can make even a half a million depending on the team's management and the number of experts in it.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:28:59 PM

Everyone can launch an ICO. The right question would be...How much does it cost to develop an innovative idea and to deliver on the promises. And it really depends on what the idea is. A crypto exchange may not require much capital. A messenger may be more demanding, for example.
btchunter786

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:20:53 PM

It actually depends on the how well managed the team is. Also it is the experts we trust, so if the project has a good number of well known exerts, then it will be a hit.
dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 07:50:21 PM

The process of starting an ICO won't cost you anything. But, the actual costs start to occur when you move on to the development phase of your product/service and tokens. You need to hire developers and market your product among the mass and these will definitely cost a lot. However, if you are thinking of starting a shitcoin ICO, you can just do it by starting a website for few hundred bucks.
cryptofun888

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:30:24 PM

If you are looking to launch a good project you should first consider gather investors who can provide you with good money and start a platform for your project. Then you can think of launching the crowdsale. You need a few hundred dollars to get a website up & running and a few thousand dollars to get your tokens ready to be sent out to the participants of crowdsale.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:35:12 PM

Nothing.
Creating an ERC-20 token is free.

But if you want to raise some money you need a nice looking website, hosting, domain. Maybe hire someone who will write whitepaper for you and also you need some marketing or create a bounty campaign Wink.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: