Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:20:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Buying Bitcoin Through Google Checkout  (Read 3569 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 03:08:51 AM

Atlas leaves, and a dead man appears: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Redbeard

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 03:18:49 AM

I have found two services that sold Bitcoins through Google Checkout. One was http://accesscoin.com and I have forgotten the other. From what I can tell, they are now offline.

Is it still viable to sell Bitcoins through Google Checkout? I am building a financial service for an in-game economy and this payment method would be perfect for new users of Bitcoin. 

This is a great idea! Since you're a new member and have been properly whitelisted, I can't wait to try out your new financial service. Can I be one of the first to sign up?
I'll contact you personally.

According to Google, they do allow for virtual currencies to be purchased with Checkout. Though I'm not sure if they consider Bitcoin to fall into this category.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/checkout-merchants/thread?tid=3dd3aaeb58f9fd94&hl=en
BitterTea

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 03:19:46 AM

I have found two services that sold Bitcoins through Google Checkout. One was http://accesscoin.com and I have forgotten the other. From what I can tell, they are now offline.

Is it still viable to sell Bitcoins through Google Checkout? I am building a financial service for an in-game economy and this payment method would be perfect for new users of Bitcoin. 

http://www.btcnow.net/

I loaned this individual 100 BTC and was paid back on time. I've not heard any complaints from any buyers, either.

Was that one of those microfinance loans?

I'm not sure what you mean. I spoke with him at length on IRC, and we conducted it using a GPG signed "contract".
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 03:55:44 AM

I guess I will have to be careful with people around here. Thanks.

No problem. We're an interesting group. We write and read a lot. Do you read much? What books?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 04:05:33 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 04:19:31 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The reason I posted to the community that you're clean is because you deleted your FB account. http://dont-tread-on.me/delete-facebook/comment-page-1/#comment-6546 All outstanding members here must do that in order to start a Bitcoin business, especially a financial related one. I'm not sure if you've already registered a domain name, but when you do, make sure to use a Wyoming address for tax purposes. Your only other two choices are Nevada or Delaware.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 04:51:06 AM

Plus you seem to be well-versed in automatic trading:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ehA6O-B5JcYJ:www.talkgold.com/forum/r335961-.html+ragnar+bitcoin&cd=21&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

BitterTea

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 04:55:24 AM

What the hell are you on? He hasn't mentioned anything about "financial services". The purpose of this thread was to find out where he can direct people to buy Bitcoins with Google Checkout.

My name is Ragnar and I am building an online service that allows users to trade game-based commodities for Bitcoins. Once I have access to the main forums, I can begin to share my service with the community.

Thank you.
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:14:23 AM

It would be pretty silly to leave a forum and come back with an account that made it obvious you were the same person as before, leave this guy alone.  Atlas is gone for good.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:24:03 AM

It would be pretty silly to leave a forum and come back with an account that made it obvious you were the same person as before, leave this guy alone.  Atlas is gone for good.

Unless of course you were completely full of yourself and thought you were a genius.

Or if you had very low respect for the intelligence level of the people you are planning to communicate with.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 09:00:45 AM

What the hell are you on? He hasn't mentioned anything about "financial services". The purpose of this thread was to find out where he can direct people to buy Bitcoins with Google Checkout.

My name is Ragnar and I am building an online service that allows users to trade game-based commodities for Bitcoins. Once I have access to the main forums, I can begin to share my service with the community.

Thank you.

Wrong.

Thank you.

In typical Atlas style, his service is being advertised without existing yet, and he feels that even though it's just an idea, its "value" is worth "sharing" with us. Aaaaaand then he abandons it barely 19 minutes later.

Since the terms of him being whitelisted were to "share" his service, can we throw him back in the newbie jail for lying?

Since I love images, BitterTea,...  Roll Eyes

What the hell are you on?

Boy, I was only kidding about Atlas and Ragnar being the same person, Matthew, but I see your point. The only way I can disprove your theory, though, is by stating that Ragnar can't be Atlas because this thread is still open.  Wink

amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:05:00 AM

Thank you.

Wrong.

Thank you.

In typical Atlas style, his service is being advertised without existing yet, and he feels that even though it's just an idea, its "value" is worth "sharing" with us. Aaaaaand then he abandons it barely 19 minutes later.

Since the terms of him being whitelisted were to "share" his service, can we throw him back in the newbie jail for lying?

I don't see any issue with proposing or announcing an idea or work in progress as long as they aren't trying to solicit donations or investments.  Sounded to me like he wanted to share his progress and gather input for his project in progress.  I'm bringing absolutely nothing to the table and I got whitelisted too.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 09:42:36 AM

Thank you.

Wrong.

Thank you.

I don't see any issue with proposing or announcing an idea or work in progress as long as they aren't trying to solicit donations or investments.  Sounded to me like he wanted to share his progress and gather input for his project in progress.  I'm bringing absolutely nothing to the table and I got whitelisted too.

You got whitelisted because you knew the secret Bitcoin handshake.

I'd like access to the forums, but to be honest this one post is about all the effort I'm willing to put in for it. I've lurked a bit and rarely find a reason to reply, when I do I'm blocked and have no interest in putting in extra fluff effort in the newbie section just to use an internet forums.

Thanks!

@Ragnar: The following video will get you up to speed as to why security is so tight around here. Make sure to watch the whole video, not skipping to only the good parts for you might miss something like, I don't know, maybe where to find out more about the secret Bitcoin handshake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThNpfl4wQww

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 11:30:07 AM

Atlas leaves, and a dead man appears: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Redbeard

It would make sense if it were Atlas considering I brought him in to our group that includes AccessCoin's owner and DialCoin's team and we discussed ideas daily right in front of him.

I wish I could say I felt threatened.  Undecided

On a side note, considering he never contributed anything and merely watched us get real work done, I'd say we were of more "value" to him than he was to us.

This is typical of today's youth. No patience. If you're gonna "fake it" you gotta have the tenacity to "make it."

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 01:26:43 PM

What did you smoke in this thread?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 02:33:48 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 03:19:35 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

What did you smoke in this thread?

Not sure who you're directing your question to, freequant.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:37:17 PM

This is such a welcoming community. I don't know why more new people aren't wanting to jump on the bitcoin bandwagon.   

Sad

ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:08:37 PM

We shoot with questions, though, so isn't it more like "Ask questions first, ask questions later?"
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:59:19 PM

We shoot with questions, though, so isn't it more like "Ask questions first, ask questions later?"

Ya right... It looked to me like that self-appointed bitcoin private detective jumped all over him with, what he admits, were satirical statements
and accusations of him being Atlas and seeming put-downs based on his nickname etc..  I do see some well wishes but no questions before all that
about his plans and ideas, but a lot of seeming assumptions. 

Would it hurt to start with an explanation of why people are cautious ( if not downright fearful ) of new ventures based on past scams etc.? 

I wonder if some of the people here work for the dept. of homeland security.   

i.e.
Assume all Muslims are terrorists,
Assume all Hispanics ( or "beaners" as I saw one idiot refer to them elsewhere on this forum ) are illegal aliens,
Assume all newbies are scammers,
until proven otherwise,   
and if they leave then it is a confirmation of the fears and a justification for the shabby and disrespectful behavior.

"Feel proud of yourselves boys! Another win for the good guys!"    Cool

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 07:04:41 PM

Ya right... It looked to me like that self-appointed bitcoin private detective jumped all over him with, what he admits, were satirical statements
and accusations of him being Atlas and seeming put-downs based on his nickname etc..  I do see some well wishes but no questions before all that
about his plans and ideas, but a lot of seeming assumptions. 

Would it hurt to start with an explanation of why people are cautious ( if not downright fearful ) of new ventures based on past scams etc.? 

I wonder if some of the people here work for the dept. of homeland security.   

i.e.
Assume all Muslims are terrorists,
Assume all Hispanics ( or "beaners" as I saw one idiot refer to them elsewhere on this forum ) are illegal aliens,
Assume all newbies are scammers,
until proven otherwise,   
and if they leave then it is a confirmation of the fears and a justification for the shabby and disrespectful behavior.

"Feel proud of yourselves boys! Another win for the good guys!"    Cool

Hahahaha, you hit the nail on the head..  Smiley

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ParrotyBit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 07:18:03 PM

Great idea, go make a thread about scams in the newbie forums and request a sticky for it. Maybe call it "Trust No One". Anyone whitelisted should be assumed to know the rules already.

Oh wait...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: