Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prediction: $800 by April  (Read 1606 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:55:54 AM

Based upon past capitulation events and with a floor of $400/BTC I predict that the price of Bitcoin will reach $800 by April.

Based on the numbers at that point, those that have been through this a few times should be able to get an idea of the next peak.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:58:57 AM

It will for sure.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:01:03 AM

I don't think so... Seems people are really panicked about what happened. Maybe a 600 at max, but also lowers into 200s?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:05:08 AM

I don't think so... Seems people are really panicked about what happened. Maybe a 600 at max, but also lowers into 200s?

Well, I hope it is gradual over the course of the month. Otherwise it would be too fast. If it takes the whole month then we will be on pace for a new ATH. Too early, and it is just regular volatility.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

Well last year we didn't had so many buyers, but now whole world knows about bitcoins, so if hike/bubble started again it will reach new ATH for sure even without china.
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:22:28 AM

Well, I hope it is gradual over the course of the month. Otherwise it would be too fast. If it takes the whole month then we will be on pace for a new ATH. Too early, and it is just regular volatility.

It won't be much of ATH if it goes to 1330 or so, and down to 500s again. Still, I don't think we can see new ATH this year.

LE: I mean, who's gonna buy all those 3600 btc/day?

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:25:31 AM

Let's see how this whole thing plays out first. It could be like the Silk Road crash, with the media all wondering about why the price is holding up so well despite MtGox lying in ruins. There's no such thing as negative publicity for Bitcoin, everyone thought the Silk Road shutdown would be disastrous for Bitcoin but it wasn't. I tend to believe the same thing may be true for the shutdown (or takeover) of MtGox. Whatever happens, these are exciting times for sure. Grin

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:35:42 AM

LE: I mean, who's gonna buy all those 3600 btc/day?

Noone has to buy the new mined coins. Do you think all miners sell instantly?

This is a "everything is possible"-year. I think we reach a new ATH before July. Depending on the news which I don't know.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
wobber
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

Let's see how this whole thing plays out first. It could be like the Silk Road crash, with the media all wondering about why the price is holding up so well despite MtGox lying in ruins. There's no such thing as negative publicity for Bitcoin, everyone thought the Silk Road shutdown would be disastrous for Bitcoin but it wasn't. I tend to believe the same thing may be true for the shutdown (or takeover) of MtGox. Whatever happens, these are exciting times for sure. Grin

By no means I want to make people feel stupid, but there's almost no reason for the Gox-Scam-Incompetence to affect the bitcoin price. I'm satisfied of what I saw last 3 weeks, Bitcoin did really well ignoring MtGox. And still does.

But, trend is trend so we'll see lower also.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:40:16 AM

Bitcoin did NOT ignore MtGox lol, you must be really oblivious if you think that.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:53:10 AM

MTGOX shutdown is like a Silk Road shutdown from last october.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

wobber
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:55:34 AM

Bitcoin did NOT ignore MtGox lol, you must be really oblivious if you think that.

Considering I was expecting price to really pop to 200s... i'm still amazed.

checkers6676

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:55:48 AM

im holding my btc until the next block reward halving.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:07:47 AM

I must admit i saw the prices going lower after waking up to the Gox news. The dip to $400 unfortunately happened when i was asleep so for me it doesn't count, i managed to buy in this dip at $475 with some Fiat.

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:05:07 PM

I must admit i saw the prices going lower after waking up to the Gox news. The dip to $400 unfortunately happened when i was asleep so for me it doesn't count, i managed to buy in this dip at $475 with some Fiat.

Same here, bought just before the dive to $400.  Still managed to get some more under $500.

We might go sideways for a while instead of steadily up, but didn't it do the same after June's final capitulation?
Cyberlight

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:08:51 PM

MTGOX shutdown is like a Silk Road shutdown from last october.
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1054541

In perspective.
Obi-Wan Coinobi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:10:03 PM

One bad apple spoils the bunch, but doesn't ruin apples...they are good! Now, more people know about apples and we will all be eating apple pie soon. (sorry, I ran away with the apple analogy)
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336

yung lean

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:14:32 PM

why? price didn't jump last time. with a daily exchange volume in hundreds of thousands of coins, newly mined coins make up like 2% of the daily volume. Mining rewards are just to small a percentage to effect price much.
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

Based upon past capitulation events and with a floor of $400/BTC I predict that the price of Bitcoin will reach $800 by April.

Based on the numbers at that point, those that have been through this a few times should be able to get an idea of the next peak.
yes i also think so.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:22:38 PM

why? price didn't jump last time. with a daily exchange volume in hundreds of thousands of coins, newly mined coins make up like 2% of the daily volume. Mining rewards are just to small a percentage to effect price much.

Didn't the last halving happen in December 2012?  April 2013 wasn't too far after that.

Granted, there were other things going on, but I absolutely think that reward halving has an effect - even if it's largely psychological at first.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: