Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:57:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC public service announcement.  (Read 567 times)
Kuzja

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

The number of projects requiring a procedure KYC is constantly growing. I think that soon they will become the majority. what to do then?
cryptocrabs2

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:08:47 PM

I feel that, requirements like KYC and other personal details should be discouraged among the crypto market. Though we are only focusing on making profit but we are forgetting to look at the wrong side of providing such confidential information in the wrong hands. Hopefully, the community will realize this soon.
BitcoinMaster555

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:01:39 PM

Yes, I also have come across with this type of news and that's really very scary. What I can only recommend to all is that not to go for those ICO which require KYC. Who knows that ICO might be a scam just to collect the information.
dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 10:49:04 AM

This is one kind of threat for the people who have already shared their KYC information. Currently, it will be wiser if anybody does not go for those ICO which ask for KYC. Hope this thing will come to in a solution soon.
SoliDCoiNs777

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:18:10 AM

That's True. I have also gone through with this type of news. We all should be aware of this thing and we should also try to ignore those ICO which is looking for KYC. These days scammers are really active and we all need to make sure our own safety.
BlackandRed654

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:10:51 PM

Yeah providing KYC seems totally useless to me. Why should we give our personal information to unknown sources. We should be very careful about providing these things to any projects.
Silentsweeper785

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:35:20 PM

KYC is a very sensitive information. It should not be given on internet without any mandatory need. If any projects ask for KYC information, i think we should leave those projects.
TerrorFromTheDeep

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:39:22 PM

Who can give a reference to specific laws that the ICO should carry out the KYC procedure? Now it looks like the ICO projects have come up with this, but refer it to the law requirements.
cryptoking252

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:12:57 PM

I am fully agree with you. Giving KYC to the project can bring some dangerous consequences. It can bring big problems for the information provider. So we should take cautions about these things.
cryptoshops9944

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 07:24:26 PM

KYC is a worst way of giving information. This doesn’t seem to me trustworthy ever. They can do anything with our secret info. It really makes us bound to the govt.
kingofhell9008

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:20:15 PM

KYC is just a stupid thing. It’s really very annoying. Why anyone give his/her secret information to other ? This thing should be avoided. It’s completely insecure.
SoliDCoiNs777

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:28:14 PM

Thanks for this awareness article. It would be a so helpful for all the crypto users out there. I too think it is very much essential stay cautious when we are about to submit the sensitive information over internet.
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:31:44 PM

I think you are so right, KYC should not be needed for any ICO, bounty and airdrop, because we actually don't know who we sending these information to, it could get hacked and our identity and personal information will be compromised, To stay safe, never submit your real identity to them.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:39:04 PM

Kyc issue is a pain in the ass, most ICO won't specify if they'll be adopting Kyc from the get go, suddenly at the middle of the ICO they'll require you to pass Kyc before you get your tokens and bounty reward which is not right, its better to know from the beginning in order to decide either to participate or not....

I won't advice anyone to exchange identity document on the internet because hackers could get hold of it and use it for bad thing
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:47:13 PM

I am a citizen who respect and obey the laws of my country. But even me, I am just mad when I perform all the task which is mandatory in every particular bounty, and then right in the end they will announce a kyc procedure needed.

dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 08:58:07 PM

Got to know a lot from this detailed post. Exactly own privacy and security of identical or any other related info should be the first concern. It is not wise to get tempted by unrealistic offers and send in all sensitive data online.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:47:33 PM

Never think towards that direction, wow! so government can use kyc collected by ico team to trace someone's identity to be able to get tax from asset owns by someone. Nice warning mate will stop sending my details in the sake of ico participation.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:53:51 PM

All you’ve said is true. It is such an eye opener. Thanks for the reminder dude. I indeed had given my documents to some sites that asked me for KYC purposes and i regret in doing it now. May it never happen again to me and to anyone else here.

Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:58:05 PM

Never think towards that direction, wow! so government can use kyc collected by ico team to trace someone's identity to be able to get tax from asset owns by someone. Nice warning mate will stop sending my details in the sake of ico participation.
Well, he did not directly say like that but he said that by submitting our informations in the internet, there are many ways theives can get these informations and use it against us or for some sly purposes. So we better be careful in giving our information specially in the internet wherein the possibility of being stolen is big.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:03:33 PM

KYC is a new way for developers to sustain the ICO game and need to protect themselves for the coming regulations, which is one of the thing that accelerated the bear market. I think people need to be very careful to people you release your information to, because abuse of the process has been reported by some team

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████