Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2018, 10:08:50 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a victim of the word HOLD?  (Read 204 times)
KevinHD

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

Sidera - Decentralized Wearable Devices

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:34:05 PM

We just hold because we are alarmed with the capabilities of the coin we are holding.  We are not a victim because it depends on the knowledge of one who are holding a coin. It depends if you knew and trust that it will go high sooner, then why not just hold it? For me, although it's challenging, holding the coin you trusted could make a bigger income in your future and could never be your biggest regret.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Einax Airdrops and Bounties made easy! List your ERC-20 token
FREE
ETH markets launching soon!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
napsterz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

The Intelligent Retail Currency

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:23:32 AM

I was when I was still new in crypto world and I naively believe people when they say hold, it's manipulation to keep price down and buy more. In the end, it lasted till now.

Ⓞ fluzcoin Ⓞ
█ The Intelligent Retail Currency █
❐ Backed up by global retailers ❐ Legally compliant ❐ Non-speculative
Thirdspace

Activity: 742
Merit: 584

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

you shouldn't hold if you have significant amount in bitcoin that can destabilize your financial standing
you should take/cut loss and do smart trading, keep holding would just hurt your cash flow
only hodl if you use your cold money to buy bitcoin for long term investment
as long as it doesn't affect your daily financial needs, you can hodl till you need to cash out

Dmitry Nagiev

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:49:12 PM

No, i still hold, i don't sell in panic so i still have my coins. I'm not a victim, the market will get recover soon.
privedvelosiped

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:17:03 PM

I wondering how many people would still say HOLD #Lambo #tothemoon for they speculate market could be good in the near future. Well if you wish to get nothing out of your money then better hold until nothing left and congratulations on holding your crypto.

People are only victims of their own poor trading skills. Regarding the term hold, if applied to bitcoin I cannot see anyone being a victim in the long run. However regarding ALTS, then holding is not always the best advice. I try to do as much research as possible, but in the end i go with my gut and if i like a project enough to believe in, then I'll hold till the bitter end.  Kiss

You are right that not all altcoins need to be kept in the long run. But you understand. that there are fundamental altcoins that will 100% grow like bitcoin in the near future.

Muhammedayo

Activity: 86

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:30:11 PM

HODL
A term and ideology that put many people in the abyss of this bear market with portfolio nothing to write home about.
Get a trading strategy that works for you, keep to it and you'll be good.
Never say never in this game.
$9million

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:46:31 PM

Oh yes because I love holding m6 coins I have bought. In cryptocurrency,  to make more money,  the best strategy you need to take is to hold your crypto for a very long time.  With that,  you can benefit from it.

M  O  B  U ──────── The Future of Security Tokens
Pre-ICO soon: Get Whitelisted!   https://www.mobu.io/
mundang

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:36:59 AM

Oh yes because I love holding m6 coins I have bought. In cryptocurrency,  to make more money,  the best strategy you need to take is to hold your crypto for a very long time.  With that,  you can benefit from it.
holding coins for a long period of time still have high risk you dont what will happen in a day. What if the coins your holding turned into scam coins, and you still holding them and dont what to sell any of them cause you knew it will recover but unfortunately it is already over. So you lose, so still better to sell them while they have price.

▐████████       ██
          █   █   █▌     ██
         ▐█       █▌    ██
          █▌      █    ██
          ▐██   ▄██    █
           ▀█████▀    ██
    ▄█▄      ▀█▀      █▌
    ▀███▄            ▐█
       ▀██           ██
         ██          █
          ██        ▐█
           █▌       ▐█
           ▐█       ██                                                   ██
            █▌      █▌                                                   ▀▀
            ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▌
            ▐████████   █   ██ ▐█▐███▐███   ████   █▄███    ████  ████▄  █▌ ▐█▄███
             █      █   █   ▐█ ▐█   █▌  █▌     ▐█  █▌  ██  █▀  ▀ ▐█   █  ██ ▐█   █▌
             █▌     █   █   ▐█ ▐█   █   █▌   ▄▄▄█  █   ▐█ ▐█     █▌   █▌ ██ ▐█   █▌
             ██     █   █   ██ ▐█   █   █▌ ▐█▀ ▐█  █   ▐█ ▐█     █▌   █▌ ██ ▐█   █▌
             ██    ▐█   █   ██ ▐█   █   █▌ ██  ▐█  █   ▐█  █     ▐█   █  ██ ▐█   █▌
             ██    ▐█   ██████ ▐█   █   █▌  █████  █   ▐█  ▐████  ████▀  ██ ▐█   █▌
▄█   ██████   Join our whitelist!     ██████
  A new era of charity 
█▄
...............Social Media...............
Telegram    Reddit       Medium
Twitter ANN Thread Facebook
              ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                    ▀▓▓▓▓▀

▄▄███████▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█
    ████████████████████████▀  ▄▄██▀
    ███████████████████▄▄ ▄▄▄████▀
    ██████████████████████████▀
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pitagora87

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:07:33 AM

I wondering how many people would still say HOLD #Lambo #tothemoon for they speculate market could be good in the near future. Well if you wish to get nothing out of your money then better hold until nothing left and congratulations on holding your crypto.
In one hand u are right there are some coins and some situations in which is better to sell then hodl , but in other hand u should hodl bcs there are coins with bright future , make some researchs find a coin in which u belive , at the end it's up to you to decide what will u hodl or sell.
HabBear

Activity: 840
Merit: 597

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:16:51 AM

Well if you wish to get nothing out of your money then better hold until nothing left and congratulations on holding your crypto.

Haha, what are you doing here?

No one here is a victim of the word HOLD, rather we're victim of the word HODL. And yeah, it might be a disease. You're right, the opposite of the phrase "you can't win what you don't put in the middle" is "if you don't sell, you haven't gained anything."

We need to remember to sell off something to consider ourselves "winners" in this game called crypto.

Raiwenkai

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:26:55 PM

For me its not appropriate to call it a victim because for me hodl means waiting if you want big profit just hodl then sell it in the right time.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.