Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:42:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap electricity for mining Bitcoin  (Read 31969 times)
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:25:18 PM

2) USA/Canada
Yeah, there are region with a price of 7cent per kwh and this is great. The temperatures are most fine, but for a small mining farm you will be in the need of cooling power. (cooling = costs on hardware, maintaince and power!)

You might want to recheck your prices. There are places in both the USA and Canada where power is as cheap as $0.02/kwh

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:48:24 AM

Not all up cost at 2 c / KWH (if you know of such an area, I WANT TO KNOW before I commit to actually moving) - though there is one small area that can hit sub-3 on some classes of service.

7 cents/kwh in the US isn't real hard to achieve - but most of those areas are climbing as the EPA keeps hammering on coal power, especially under Obama.

It's too bad that there are so few places that are well suited to hydropower - and that so many of those places are inaccessable, or heavy populated to the point you can't get a dam built due to massive lawsuit issues.

I'll point out that KNC is Scandanavian-based - no import fee when you're BUILDING the stuff right there - though they might have an import fee on the chips themselves, dunno if anyone has a current-art or close-to-current-art fab in that area.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:01:17 PM

2) USA/Canada
Yeah, there are region with a price of 7cent per kwh and this is great. The temperatures are most fine, but for a small mining farm you will be in the need of cooling power. (cooling = costs on hardware, maintaince and power!)

You might want to recheck your prices. There are places in both the USA and Canada where power is as cheap as $0.02/kwh

The cheapest power I've ever seen in US or Can is .04. Where are they getting it for 2?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:21:12 AM

I don't know about 2, but if you can go with the right size of consumption basis, you can get under 3 in at least 2 and I believe 3 counties in Washington State (as long as they're not hitting their customers with "dry weather" surcharges).

Down side - part of that area is near-desert and kinda warm in the summer, but dry so evap cooling should work REAL well.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuestionQuest

Activity: 263
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:15:53 PM

So - why are the biggest mining farms are in asia and iceland?
Not in USA and Canada?

3cent @USA is a great deal

How much power you have to take for this price?
Where I have to move and where exactly is the 3cent avaible? Smiley

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 01:17:41 AM

In Ukraine electricity costs $0.04-0.06 per kWh.
But the country is very corrupt, so if you try to setup a big mine, there are chasses to attract "visitors".

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 06:50:19 AM

So - why are the biggest mining farms are in asia and iceland?
Not in USA and Canada?

3cent @USA is a great deal

How much power you have to take for this price?
Where I have to move and where exactly is the 3cent avaible? Smiley

Washington they said, it's above your post, i guess it's because there is not the cool air like in iceland

but people tend tof orget that the cost of living in iceland for example is higher than europe, much higher

that's why they have cheap electricity, so look carefully before you begin with your travel for mining...

i think egypt also have very cheap electricity based on the amount you consume per day
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 08:59:40 AM

Hint.
MegaBigPower - which at one point has a Bitcoin farm that was mining close to 5% of ALL Bitcoin mining done in the world.

ZoomHash also has a good sized farm in the same area, among others.

There are at least a couple threads talking about "big farms" and where they are at - most of those big farms are in low-cost electric areas.

jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:09:53 AM

Says $0.02/KWH for large industrial but I think its probably closer to $0.03 now:

http://old.seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2023545913_bitcoinminingnorthwestxml.html
secup

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 06:08:24 PM

2) USA/Canada

The cheapest power I've ever seen in US or Can is .04. Where are they getting it for 2?

I confirm the 0.02 cent. You get credits on your usage if u use alot.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:49:50 PM

I confirm the 0.02 cent. You get credits on your usage if u use alot.

Like I said, power at that price is out there if you know where to look. There are places like Texas with tons and tons of wind energy for cheap too. I wont list all the places I have seen, you can do your own research on that front if you really want to find out. Electric rates are posted publicly from most all providers.....

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Agamenon

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 10:05:57 PM

The Comunnist goverment in Venezuela has been taking down miners. The miners in Venezuela are treated as criminals and their machines "seized" ... several mines have been dismantled, many do not report for fear ... in Venezuela there is no legal security for property, and mining bitcoins is considered stealing electricity the government.
LOOK--> http://lared.com.ve/noticias/venezuela-desmantelan-mina-de-bitcoin/
QuestionQuest

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:23:11 AM

Says $0.02/KWH for large industrial but I think its probably closer to $0.03 now:

http://old.seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2023545913_bitcoinminingnorthwestxml.html

THAT IS PERVERTED! NOT FAIR! SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN.
We have a 2 in our price, too.
And 0 is 0 - so we have the same price with 20cent (TWENTY EUROCENT) --- perfect mining conditions over here, or? Cheesy

---

OFFER
Searching a moving company to move from europe to Seattle, USA!  Shocked  Wink
Paying in bitcoin after 12 month  Tongue Roll Eyes Grin
White trash, but can use black shoe polish if USA needs quota for skin colors  Grin Cool

### S9 13.5/14T (RIP) ### DragonMint 16T (DEVIL) --> Bitmain and Innosilicon (HAIL TO!) ###
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 08:44:28 AM

Wind energy does NOT tend to be cheap, even with federal subsidies it's BARELY competative with coal even in good wind areas like some parts of Texas, Northern Iowa (Alliant has a piece of a couple wind farms and overpays for some of the output of a couple others), parts of California, etc.

Says a lot that what was once one of the bigger wind-power manufacturers in the world (Clipper Windpower) here in Iowa is about dead.

delicin33

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 04:14:49 PM

Also, dude who claimed Indonesia was dominated by the British, you mean the Anglo-Javanese expedition under Sir Stamford Raffles between 1811 and 1814 with a total of 45 days of fighting and only on the island of Java?

Isn't the peninsula that Singapore is on now part of Indonesia (except for Singapore itself)?
 That area WAS British dominated - most of the rest as I recall was Netherlands "controlled".

Not all cloud mining is a scam - some of it is just overpriced (there is a difference between scam, where you DON'T get what you pay for, and overpriced/ripoff where you DO get what you pay for but pay too much for it).

Not Indonesia, the peninsula is a small country call Malaysia, the industrial rate is +- usd0.10 to 0.11 /kwh, resident pay more @ +-0.14/kwh, the ambient Temp is 24-35'c all year long
QuestionQuest

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:48:06 PM

Also, dude who claimed Indonesia was dominated by the British, you mean the Anglo-Javanese expedition under Sir Stamford Raffles between 1811 and 1814 with a total of 45 days of fighting and only on the island of Java?

Isn't the peninsula that Singapore is on now part of Indonesia (except for Singapore itself)?
 That area WAS British dominated - most of the rest as I recall was Netherlands "controlled".

Not all cloud mining is a scam - some of it is just overpriced (there is a difference between scam, where you DON'T get what you pay for, and overpriced/ripoff where you DO get what you pay for but pay too much for it).

Not Indonesia, the peninsula is a small country call Malaysia, the industrial rate is +- usd0.10 to 0.11 /kwh, resident pay more @ +-0.14/kwh, the ambient Temp is 24-35'c all year long

sounds nice, but ...
additional powercost for aircondition
additional invest for aircondition
wet conditions! (bad for airconditions - ask china) Tongue
political safe area?

I would prefer those 3 rocking us-cent @USA
In india you can get power @0.1 - 0.2 us-cent / kwh

But ... the same like Malaysia. Quality. Stable and always are a problem.
Even USA has really more power-cut-offs then europe - but that is fine on average.

Why I have such a bad feeling about Malaysia? I dont know. Malaysia Airlines maybe?  Roll Eyes

delicin33

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 06:25:12 PM

sounds nice, but ...
political safe area?

Even USA has really more power-cut-offs then europe - but that is fine on average.

Why I have such a bad feeling about Malaysia? I dont know. Malaysia Airlines maybe?  Roll Eyes

here in south east asia, bit coin mining is very hard due to the power cost & the hot climate.

Not much people know about malaysia except the 2 malaysia airline tragedy and the famous 1MDB scandal by their top leader
QuestionQuest

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 08:53:56 PM

sounds nice, but ...
political safe area?

Why I have such a bad feeling about Malaysia? I dont know. Malaysia Airlines maybe?  Roll Eyes

here in south east asia, bit coin mining is very hard due to the power cost & the hot climate.

Not much people know about malaysia except the 2 malaysia airline tragedy and the famous 1MDB scandal by their top leader

The power price you mentioned is very nice, but the hot climate will be a problem.
It would need heavy cooling!

What is about hardware? (costs, avaible, delivery time etc.)
And political its allowed to mine and use bitcoin @Malaysia?

delicin33

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 05:35:48 AM

The power price you mentioned is very nice, but the hot climate will be a problem.

hmmm...power rate at usd 0.14/ kwh still nice?? btc is free to use and some btc ATM available too.

no problem to import hardware, the custom will charge 6% GST thats all. power line is 240v, Stable hardly any power cut off may be twice in a year for 2hrs.

not much profit for mining with the power cost & extra cost for cooling

QuestionQuest

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:33:38 PM

hmmm...power rate at usd 0.14/ kwh still nice?? btc is free to use and some btc ATM available too.

no problem to import hardware, the custom will charge 6% GST thats all. power line is 240v, Stable hardly any power cut off may be twice in a year for 2hrs.

not much profit for mining with the power cost & extra cost for cooling

We were talking about 2-4cent @USA
If you are a power-user Wink

USA is too far for me, but sounds great.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: