Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:47:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase Bank to offer deposits for MTGox  (Read 8802 times)
bitflower

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 08:20:24 AM

Hello,

We have been working to get our back end to interface/parse with the Chase site, as they don't offer an easy way to do this. We had the scripts working in pre-prod however when we moved it to production we were unable to fetch the deposit receipts.

We apologize for the delay and our inaccurate forecasting of when this was to be completed. I've just check with MagicalTux and he has advised it will be available "soon", so just know we're working on it.

As a side note, anytime anything goes wrong people love to say Mt.Gox is insolvent, or we're running away with the money. I'd like to remind everyone that practically anytime a new product or service is launched under _any_ company, there are initial issues (sparing a few). We are not exempt from these, and always manage to get things up and running without running off with the whole of our users money.

I hope everyone can keep this in mind the next time we're "going insolvent", or planning to "rob our customers". Tongue

Since you guys can't interface with the Chase site and your scripts are not working properly (which I have a hard time believing, but OK), I suggest you do it the easy way....

1. Logon to Chase.Com
2. Click Your Business Account
3. Look at our deposits and click on the icon right next to the deposit
4. Voila! The image of our deposit slips come up.
5. Credit our accounts with OUR $$$

Or you can always call 1-800-935-9935 (Chase's customer service) and they'll fax/email you copies of all deposit slips within an hour.

Seriously, Mt.Gox this doesn't take 72 hours. This takes minutes.

And then you question us on why we think you're shady. I've been working for banks since the age of 18. Can you imagine if I were to withhold one of my customer's deposits and give them the runaround on why it can't be processed? I would get fired on the spot.

SMH @ you guys.

edit: Answer this question Adam....why can't you guys follow those easy steps I just gave you? In fact, I can get my buddy who's a Chase personal banker to email you ALL copies of our deposits tomorrow morning if you'd like.

Unfortunately, Mt.Gox is a very large exchange and we have a very large number of cash deposits that have been made. We can not just process it manually one by one because our system requires a deposit to be linked to a bank transfer. We are fixing our interface right now which will be ready very soon, so that all cash deposits show up within the system correctly.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheBlackDahlia

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:24:06 AM

Hello,

We have been working to get our back end to interface/parse with the Chase site, as they don't offer an easy way to do this. We had the scripts working in pre-prod however when we moved it to production we were unable to fetch the deposit receipts.

We apologize for the delay and our inaccurate forecasting of when this was to be completed. I've just check with MagicalTux and he has advised it will be available "soon", so just know we're working on it.

As a side note, anytime anything goes wrong people love to say Mt.Gox is insolvent, or we're running away with the money. I'd like to remind everyone that practically anytime a new product or service is launched under _any_ company, there are initial issues (sparing a few). We are not exempt from these, and always manage to get things up and running without running off with the whole of our users money.

I hope everyone can keep this in mind the next time we're "going insolvent", or planning to "rob our customers". Tongue

Since you guys can't interface with the Chase site and your scripts are not working properly (which I have a hard time believing, but OK), I suggest you do it the easy way....

1. Logon to Chase.Com

Or you can always call 1-800-935-9935 (Chase's customer service) and they'll fax/email you copies of all deposit slips within an hour.

And then you question us on why we think you're shady. I've been working for banks since the age of 18. Can you imagine if I were to withhold one of my customer's deposits and give them the runaround on why it can't be processed? I would get fired on the spot.

SMH @ you guys.

edit: Answer this question Adam....why can't you guys follow those easy steps I just gave you? In fact, I can get my buddy who's a Chase personal banker to email you ALL copies of our deposits tomorrow morning if you'd like.

Unfortunately, Mt.Gox is a very large exchange and we have a very large number of cash deposits that have been made. We can not just process it manually one by one because our system requires a deposit to be linked to a bank transfer. We are fixing our interface right now which will be ready very soon, so that all cash deposits show up within the system correctly.

Fair enough. I just hope to get my money in my account very soon.

Edit: Finally in my account! woohoo  Grin
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:36:06 AM

All the pending cash deposit were processed successfully.
bitflower

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 21, 2011, 09:37:36 AM

Hello,

1. Logon to Chase.Com

SMH @ you guys.

Fair enough. I just hope to get my money in my account very soon.

Edit: Finally in my account! woohoo  Grin

Thank you for waiting. Yay (・∀・) We will try our best to make sure users are getting their money credited on time. Let us know if you have additional suggestions.
b4b33

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 10:04:22 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2011, 12:43:39 PM by b4b33

hi, I became verified and deposited $400 in the Mt Gox Chase checking account.  After 24 hours, I emailed Mt Gox because the money was not in my account, and they said "deposits are pending".  It has now been over 62 hours, and the money still hasn't appeared in my account.  Your website still says 24 hours is the upper limit we have to wait, and to me it seems like the problem has not been solved.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2011, 10:28:59 AM

It's not just chase deposits that are messed up, I did a dwolla withdrawal about 15 hours ago and money still hasn't shown up in my dwolla account.  I know something is wrong because usually it takes about 1 hour and never more than 2 or 3. This is not cool guys, This money is part of a transaction where I sold some items on these forums and now I need this money to be able to ship them out, MTGox is holding up the whole process - not cool man.
b4b33

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 11:24:46 PM

Finally, got an email confirmation from Mt Gox that the money is in my account.  This is more than 75 hours after I deposited the cash.  I'm not sure what the problem was, but I'm relieved the funds now show up in my Mount Gox account!
toddbethell

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 09:40:32 PM

Bitcoin related chase accounts closing?

My Name is Todd Bethell aka Bitcoin ATM.

3 Nov. 2011 a letter was generated by Chase stating that the business account of ‘Fast Bitcoins’ will be closed.

See the letter: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0tOdBpZt1ifMzRhMTMzZmItYWNlYS00YmUyLThjNWYtMDg0MGFlNjE0YTlj

This DBA and account were opened in April 2011 for the sole purpose of bitcoin purchases with MtGox. There was no explanation and no other notification, no phone call’s, email notifications or messages in ‘on-line banking’. A ‘bitcoin friendly’ branch manager made some phone calls for me and couldn't tell me much except that the department involved is internal to 'Chase Operating Loss Prevention' and looks to him like it was flagged for money laundering, international sanctions and such.  My funds were not frozen though and I was even given to the end of the year to tidy things up. So it seems they were not given a 'hard stop' order from outside the bank.

Also:
Oct 16th 2011, ExchB closed  with a less than satisfying explanation and now quite suspicious.
https://www.exchangebitcoins.com/
6 Dec. 2011, MtGox announced the suspension of chase transfers without explanation.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1949/why-so-many-bitcoin-exchanges-have-their-bank-accounts-closed-and-have-problems

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48663.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50275.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4984.msg597803#msg597803

There seems to be a systemic issue here.

Respectfully,

Todd D Bethell, CFM, MBA
1-949-394-5932
toddbethell@FASTscaning.com, @bitcoinfever.com, @bitcoinATM.com
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 10:20:35 PM

^^ i think it's simply a licensing issue, as businesses cannot transmit 3rd party funds without proper license for money transmitting services in US with applicable requirements and regulations
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 10:21:26 PM

Bitcoin related chase accounts closing?

My Name is Todd Bethell aka Bitcoin ATM.

3 Nov. 2011 a letter was generated by Chase stating that the business account of ‘Fast Bitcoins’ will be closed.

See the letter: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0tOdBpZt1ifMzRhMTMzZmItYWNlYS00YmUyLThjNWYtMDg0MGFlNjE0YTlj

This DBA and account were opened in April 2011 for the sole purpose of bitcoin purchases with MtGox. There was no explanation and no other notification, no phone call’s, email notifications or messages in ‘on-line banking’. A ‘bitcoin friendly’ branch manager made some phone calls for me and couldn't tell me much except that the department involved is internal to 'Chase Operating Loss Prevention' and looks to him like it was flagged for money laundering, international sanctions and such.  My funds were not frozen though and I was even given to the end of the year to tidy things up. So it seems they were not given a 'hard stop' order from outside the bank.

Also:
Oct 16th 2011, ExchB closed  with a less than satisfying explanation and now quite suspicious.
6 Dec. 2011, MtGox announced the suspension of chase transfers without explanation.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/1949/why-so-many-bitcoin-exchanges-have-their-bank-accounts-closed-and-have-problems

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48663.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50275.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4984.msg597803#msg597803

There seems to be a systemic issue here.

Respectfully,

Todd D Bethell, CFM, MBA
1-949-394-5932
toddbethell@FASTscaning.com, @bitcoinfever.com, @bitcoinATM.com

Hi Todd, it's been a while. Glad to see you're still going strong.

Banks and Bitcoin don't get along for a few reasons. We can go with the paranoid conspiracy theory (not saying it's wrong) or we can go with the simple answer that when money comes in from a bunch of accounts (worse if anonymously) and then goes out to a bunch of accounts and the banks have no idea what happened in the middle it sets off all kinds of flags. It really looks like money laundering and even if we run millions through these accounts it's not worth it for them to keep them open.

You're going to probably see a lot of accounts open up and then run small volume for them before they're closed down. Establishing a relationship with the bank to where they understand and support what is going on is more difficult but will become more common place over the following years.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 12:37:50 AM

Chase will close MTGOX's account any time. Bitcoin and banks simply do not mix. Its not really hard to understand but the greed of trying to get each possible customer with easy banking deposits will flop soon. Good luck Gox!!

Visit, www.coinexchanger.com

Actually, it is possible.

We reached a deal with the top 5 major banks and a 3rd party fully licensed state and federal MSB.

Not only will our accounts NOT be closed, but we will also be providing INSTANT cash deposits. Meaning, once you deposit the cash with the pre-printed deposit slip (Email/SMS as well) then the banks securely polls our API to complete the transfer to your MtGox or TradeHill account (more exchanges soon)

Should be launched early next week.

-Charlie, Bitinstant.com

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 01:45:40 AM

Chase will close MTGOX's account any time. Bitcoin and banks simply do not mix. Its not really hard to understand but the greed of trying to get each possible customer with easy banking deposits will flop soon. Good luck Gox!!

We reached a deal with the top 5 major banks and a 3rd party fully licensed state and federal MSB.

Not only will our accounts NOT be closed, but we will also be providing INSTANT cash deposits. Meaning, once you deposit the cash with the pre-printed deposit slip (Email/SMS as well) then the banks securely polls our API to complete the transfer to your MtGox or TradeHill account (more exchanges soon)

-Charlie, Bitinstant.com

you're kidding of course;  what banks?  Shocked
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 01:53:28 AM

Crypto X Change accepts cash deposits at any Bank of America.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 01:57:07 AM

-Charlie, Bitinstant.com

you're kidding of course;  what banks?  Shocked

I'm not kidding lol
Chase, Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and possibly TD (still negotiating)

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:25:20 AM

Once you upgrade to a verified Mt.Gox account

So that's the problem , many people don't want to be verified.

Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:47:00 AM

I'm not kidding lol
Chase, Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and possibly TD (still negotiating)

TD? As in that Canadian Bank?   

That will be a big deal because there are so few good options for us at the moment.
Hope that goes well. 
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 02:48:20 AM

I'm not kidding lol

That will be a big deal because there are so few good options for us at the moment.
Hope that goes well. 

Sad TD the American one.

Problem with Canada is the laws are a tad different. I can promise you once were done with USD then CAD is oir next stop!

What are some options you would like to see?

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 03:11:56 AM

I'm not kidding lol

Hope that goes well. 

Sad TD the American one.

Problem with Canada is the laws are a tad different. I can promise you once were done with USD then CAD is oir next stop!

excuse me but is this not MAJOR news?  i know how hard you've been working on projects but this is big if true.  i'll believe it when i see it!
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 04:50:17 AM

Mt.Gox Users,

Please be aware that we have temporarily suspended Chase Cash Deposits as one of the funding options until further notice. We are currently reviewing registration opportunities in the United States and want to avoid complications.

Again, there is no set date for when the cash option will return to Mt.Gox, but please be assured that all pending cash deposits will be credited to your account accordingly. If you try to make a cash deposit at any Chase location, they will not accept it. All updates regarding this issue will be announced on ZenDesk. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact Mt.Gox Support. We apologize for any inconvenience caused due to the sudden suspension of cash deposits.

Thank you,

Mt.Gox Support

It looks like the closing started already!

Visit, www.coinexchanger.com    Do Not Get Goxed Again-

Which closing are you talking about? Are you aware of things that we do not even know...? Anyway, Chase Bank is temporarily disabled since we are now moving toward of becoming an MSB, as advised by our compliance team.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 04:52:38 AM

I'm not kidding lol

Hope that goes well. 

Sad TD the American one.

excuse me but is this not MAJOR news?  i know how hard you've been working on projects but this is big if true.  i'll believe it when i see it!

Actually, its so major that we even retained a big PR firm to make sure the announcement gets around!

No need to believe it now, but when you make that first deposit, I know you will  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: