Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Always Trust Project Whitepaper?  (Read 331 times)
adekogbe (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 07:26:05 PM

It is important to know that for any project hoping to convince investors into putting their money into the project, they are going to be focused on making the project as appealing as possible which means that the project's whitepaper will surely be good so I believe you should look beyond the projects whitepaper to decide if a project is legit or not.
Always make through research of a project's team, road map and token metrics to decide which projects to invest in

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gostop

Activity: 388
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:33:19 PM

Because the project Whitepaper is the most basic thing you know about a project, Whitepaper is used as a reference for your investment. It doesn't have absolute authenticity. Maybe it's just a concept. You can't just rely on it when you invest. you should know more about project.

WoodyZ

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:57:24 PM

Experienced investors will never invest in the project only on the basis of whitepaper. It is important to carefully analyze the project. First of all, see which people are behind the project and how the profit will be made.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:41:09 PM

Whitepapers are to lure investors. Don't get me wrong, but many whitepapers are just full of bullshit and have very little value/ juice = technical descriptions, detailed info on devs plans.
This trend started few years ago, when people started saying that no whitepaper = scam.
Today I would say it may be exactly opposite.
Recently I was looking on Steem (Steemit.com) history and they started with no wallpaper of all, hell, they haven't even post description of their project.

stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:48:39 PM

Whitepaper and coding are two different stories

twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:51:25 PM

It is important to know that for any project hoping to convince investors into putting their money into the project, they are going to be focused on making the project as appealing as possible which means that the project's whitepaper will surely be good so I believe you should look beyond the projects whitepaper to decide if a project is legit or not.
Always make through research of a project's team, road map and token metrics to decide which projects to invest in
The whitepaper just a concept and it can't be trusted and i have seen so many projects are changing the roadmap and make it different with all of the roadmap that has already stated on its whitepaper. Whitepaper is a media that makes the developers can explain their concept to build the future product. Whitepaper can't determine how good the project is.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
SilArt

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

Semux!

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:51:37 PM

WP should be always backed up by real team (with dev experience) and by open source code and/or working MVP! There are WP writers that charge a bit of $$...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
freedoom

Activity: 201

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:53:24 PM

I totally agree with that!
It is necessary to carefully check the white paper, the potential of the project, its relevance, what kind of team to deal with it
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:58:50 PM

Whitepaper is not the basis to conclude that the ICO is legit because there are some project who have shown a good Whitepaper but in the end it turns out to be a scam so it is better to have a deep research and analyze the project before investing or try to communicate with them and ask some questions to prove that the team and project is real.

2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:00:32 PM

You can buy a professionally written whitepaper for a few 100 dollars, they don't mean everything that's for sure.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:01:38 PM

Scam projects or Legitimate ones will definitely make their whitepaper to be appealing and convincing as they can because this is the most common spot for most investors to be checked
but talking about always trust then it shouldnt really be always a basis where if you do find out that they have a good whitepaper you decide to invest. Its definitely a common mistake and the reason
why most people do fall into scam project knowing that scammers are getting smarter yet they do already know that WP is the main thing been checked therefore they would need to focus on doing it realistic.

Btcepenbob

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:04:43 PM

In my opinion it not necessary to entrust everything on the whitepaper but white paper is only the reference on how much the project worth and how it could be in demand in the public.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:57:50 AM

I suppose you should not think that way, trusting in whitepapers can hurt your investment. I can tell you that almost whitepapers have the same contents and goals but with different prjects. I have read a ton of it and believe me or not, the ones who are too good to be true are just scam.
akosijue

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:09:51 AM

In any project, if their whitepaper is suspicious of any kind like missing business plans, next to impossible product, and many other reasons as to why whitepaper is so important. Many critics would always notice the business development plans because it is the most important standard for a successful project.
shollyen

Activity: 344

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:13:26 AM

The basic details of any project is found on the Whitepaper, from dere,  u can know what and what is really the content nd details of the project if it has future or not.... But pls, some white paper could contain false details, so it doesn't have ultimate authenticity. Checkout for the team members, u can get some facts dere too..
Totodecaan120

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:24:33 AM

While Whitepaper is a good thing to do but you should not depend on it for making investment decisions. Today, Whitepaper is becoming a tool for marketing the project, but it still contains parts that are true. So, you need to select and capture the important information and avoid the information, marketing content to deceive you.
SuiMikira

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:25:41 AM

Whitepaper are not worth to be trusted but you know, good ICO must has well prepared whitepaper, it is a must. Well prepared whitepaper with unique contents and statistics shown information about the ICO and it can be the clues for us to make investment decision.
liliann

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:27:44 AM

You may be a very optimistic person. I don't believe in white papers very much. I don't think many projects can be implemented in this era.
ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:57:15 AM

The Whitepaper is the first to learn a potential investor, so its main task is to interest a person. Of course, you can not completely trust this, but an experienced investor can see whether this project is good, with the help of a whitepaper.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
Dilireba

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 09:01:37 AM

No you should not trust whitepaper all times, it can hurt your investments.

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: