Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:20:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.1 Bounty Claimed] Please write a complete guide with screenshots on Gridseed  (Read 11250 times)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:13:49 PM

this is very nice tutorial up there Smiley

So many nice photos Smiley a lot of work Wink

I hope many users will use it as a help to their problems.

Cheers
maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:15:05 PM

Cheers

I'm glad you like it Smiley

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Cheers

I like it a lot! I don't have that kind of hardware but if I would have new one not yet connected I would use your tutorial for sure.

I hope you will get some bounty for that!
You should imo.

Kind regards!
maardein

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

Cheers

I like it a lot! I don't have that kind of hardware but if I would have new one not yet connected I would use your tutorial for sure.

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Glad to hear that! I haven't received any bounty though, but there hasn't been a reply from the TS either.

For everyone who wants to mine scrypt only on windows, there is a new compiled version of the cpuminer here, which should dramatically reduce the power usage in scrypt mode. I haven't verified it myself yet though.

Zoomhash (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:11:55 AM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Glad to hear that! I haven't received any bounty though, but there hasn't been a reply from the TS either.

For everyone who wants to mine scrypt only on windows, there is a new compiled version of the cpuminer here, which should dramatically reduce the power usage in scrypt mode. I haven't verified it myself yet though.

Whats your btc address? Anyone disagree that i should give him thebounty? Thanks. Smiley.
maardein

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:08:03 AM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Whats your btc address? Anyone disagree that i should give him thebounty? Thanks. Smiley.

I already posted it in the guide, 1Mg2RRE1Xf35tt5pErFtJSWEumFd5DwNrw Thanks if you decide to give me the bounty!

MicroCC

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:26:32 AM

Is it easy to use the controllers over the regular computer set up? I've yet to find instructions on how to set up mining using the controller
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:38:31 AM

Is it easy to use the controllers over the regular computer set up? I've yet to find instructions on how to set up mining using the controller

hmm, well, lookie here! > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.0
you need to follow more threads Wink
Wolfey2014

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
wolfey2014

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:00:42 AM

Great work! Thank you for your efforts and presentation of the How To Guide.
Yours will also get newbs up and running so, don't fret!
You're admired and respected too! Wink
Wolfey2014

Pea Ess, the guy who won't the .1btc bounty hasn't said what the green and red LED's mean Wink
I still want to know!
hint hint....
Have you seen the latest release of cpuminer?
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1165-download-cpuminer-for-gridseed-5-chip-gc3355-asics-with-reduced-power-usage/
It turns off the SHA hashers thereby allowing them to run Ltc only at very low power consumption...less than 7W each. Smiley
I'm overclocking mine right now with the new pgm and they're all hashing away at over 300KH/s.
Even as high as 426KH/s,.... latency is still very low so, this might be the pods sweet spot.
850MHz and running cool as cucumbers! Nice!
I'm buying 10 more miners! Wink
Happy hashing!

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
MicroCC

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:41:13 PM

Wolfey2014

haha yah to bad all this info is separated into many different threads, makes of a very inefficient use of time scanning many threads... and then actually trying to implement what you read is even more time consuming lol but sorta fun kinda
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 10:37:54 PM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

good to know. I will test it maybe later Smiley

thanks for a link!

Cheers!
andre1980

Activity: 436

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:15:21 AM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Hi,

I tried my USB hub connected miners on Windows 8.1.. None of them EVER says or call out "YAY".. Is this driver related? Or does the USB hub not work correctly?
I don't think ALL my miners are broken..

Whick hub is tested OK? I have seen the Orico and the Sipolar X-300 shipped with the set, any others?

Thanks,

Andre
maardein

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:36:03 AM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Hi,

I tried my USB hub connected miners on Windows 8.1.. None of them EVER says or call out "YAY".. Is this driver related? Or does the USB hub not work correctly?

Whick hub is tested OK? I have seen the Orico and the Sipolar X-300 shipped with the set, any others?

Thanks,

Andre

Is it a powered hub? Otherwise it probably will not work.

Also, did you maybe forget to power the miners? I did that once... I forgot to plug in the miners power supply, they responded fine on cpuminer commands, they just didn't start hashing :p

andre1980

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:54:04 AM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Hi,

Thanks,

Andre

Is it a powered hub? Otherwise it probably will not work.

Also, did you maybe forget to power the miners? I did that once... I forgot to plug in the miners power supply, they responded fine on cpuminer commands, they just didn't start hashing :p

It's powered, 5V, 3.5A, Delock USB 2.0 External Hub 10 Port, p/n 87468.
The miners are powered by an ATX PSU. I just flip the switch and the miners, controllers, USB hubs are powered.

maardein

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:26:47 PM

So what steps go wrong? Cpuminer tries to send work to the miners?

andre1980

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:36:08 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:06:43 PM by andre1980

Yes, the work gets sent.. And that's it..
But, i might be onto something: as i told, i'm using an ATX PSU to power the miners, 20 of them..
It's an old PSU i had laying around, with 4 6 pin PCIE plugs, a few SATA and molex connectors.
I have aquired adapter cables from PCIE to 3x miner plug each, so 12 are powered directly by PCIE.
For the others i had an extra cable while i wait for a new PSU, from SATA to PCIE, i also have a molex PCIE if needed.

I only tested 1 miner directly from PCIE.. That one gets "YAY", the ones on SATA don't..
Is the power insufficiant? The miners do get power, because they run as expected.. (LEDs, fans are on)

Just tried the miners connected to PCIE directly: through the USB hub ONLY 1 hashes.. I'll reboot and test again, but it looks like the SATA and MOLEX are underpowered, but the USB hub seems to be no good either..

Sad..

Hopefully LightningAsic releases the new controller FW today (i was told it's ready), that does seem to hash a bit at least.. Speed not that great, but most units do SOMETHING for a while..
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

Wolfey2014

haha yah to bad all this info is separated into many different threads, makes of a very inefficient use of time scanning many threads... and then actually trying to implement what you read is even more time consuming lol but sorta fun kinda

Is there something missing from my thread?

I'll add whatever info you have that isn't addressed.

maardein

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:23:10 PM

Yes, the work gets sent.. And that's it..
But, i might be onto something: as i told, i'm using an ATX PSU to power the miners, 20 of them..
It's an old PSU i had laying around, with 4 6 pin PCIE plugs, a few SATA and molex connectors.
I have aquired adapter cables from PCIE to 3x miner plug each, so 12 are powered directly by PCIE.
For the others i had an extra cable while i wait for a new PSU, from SATA to PCIE, i also have a molex PCIE if needed.

I only tested 1 miner directly from PCIE.. That one gets "YAY", the ones on SATA don't..
Is the power insufficiant? The miners do get power, because they run as expected.. (LEDs, fans are on)

Just tried the miners connected to PCIE directly: through the USB hub ONLY 1 hashes.. I'll reboot and test again, but it looks like the SATA and MOLEX are underpowered, but the USB hub seems to be no good either..

Sad..

Hopefully LightningAsic releases the new controller FW today (i was told it's ready), that does seem to hash a bit at least.. Speed not that great, but most units do SOMETHING for a while..

Ok, so you have 20 miners, which require around 10W each (in scrypt only mode), so 200W on 12V line, which is 16A. Every powersupply should be capable of delivering that, especially if it has 4x pci-e connector.

If the cables have been made correct (there are three +12V lines in a sata connector, I don't know if it works when only 1 or 2 are connected), they should work. The same for molex. I have my miners running of a molex connector.

Please remember this when troubleshooting:

- There have been multiple cases in which the controller couldn't handle the full 20 miners
- The controllers have a tendency to not hash at all, if something is wrong with one of the miners

So, I would say you need to try each miner separately, at a frequency of 600 to start with, and check if they all work. Then you need to check with a known working miner whether all USB and power cables work. If everything works, try adding miners one at a time, and see when they stop working.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:27:17 PM

Cheers

You should imo.

Kind regards!

Hi,

Thanks,

Andre

I hooked up 1 directly to my PC powered off a basic 12V 1.5AMp transformer to test I get the CPU miner saying dispatching new work to GC3355 LTC core but never see YAY. Om the unit I have green light only blinking and the fan is running. Any ideas?
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:33:31 PM

I figured it out I got a power supply with more AMP's hooked it up and its now mining Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: