Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:38:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox chat from today ! we still alive !!!! he is not finished at all !  (Read 3985 times)
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:09:59 AM

The CEO embezzled millions from MtGox I heard he could find himself on Interpol's list next!

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:22:17 AM

extract of conversations from the foxnews website

if image does not load http://www.foxbusiness.com/static/managed/img/fb2/markets/chat-log-lg.jpg

i do not treat this as fact or fiction. do your own research

also the photo of the keyboard

Whatever the situation is at Gox the cat is nice Smiley

My experiences about exchanges:
bitcoin24.de - btc jammed there when german authorities confisticated bank accounts, however Simon paid my btc back, but situation still is open generally.
bitcoin-central.net - got hacked and colosed for few months, luckily transfered btc out there i bought about a week before. Now they're again open.
mtgox.com - they sent me even free yubikey, actually never any probems with gox. SEPA was fast and everything worked, but as I learned from previous experiences... I dont keep any second any BTC or fiat at any exchange if not needed.
So luckily lost nothing yet on these cases... but this tells a lot about things generally.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:47:23 AM

I refuse to believe it.  Pets often reflect their owners.  That cat isn't a fat fu#K.  It can't be his...

Notice how ashamed he is, cannot even face the camera.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:52:34 AM

Whatever the situation is at Gox the cat is nice Smiley

Saved by a cat meme!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:51:27 AM

It's true that bitcoin is the currency of the Internet, because MtGox CEO releases pictures of cats instead of press releases.
Jeronimus

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:14:28 AM

I refuse to believe it.  Pets often reflect their owners.  That cat isn't a fat fu#K.  It can't be his...

Notice how ashamed he is, cannot even face the camera.

I don't think he is ashamed. He is quite shameless when lying and pretends we are all braindead not being able to see through his continuous lying.

He just knew that everyone would go berserk having to see his face again, so he abused his cat to chill people down.
digimag

Activity: 138

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:28:06 AM

It's true that bitcoin is the currency of the Internet, because MtGox CEO releases pictures of cats instead of press releases.
love that quote  Cheesy

17opQsbw8873x4PTwzvacEjNR2a59mSxoT
DeadwoodDan

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 04:29:55 AM

as long as we have cats, no man can truly claim insolvency

● pre-ICO ANYCOINS ●                   
A tool for raising the value of any crypto currency
● [WHITEPAPER] [FAQ] [BITCOINTALK] [BOUNTY] [GITHUB] [TELEGRAM] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
zhangweiwu

Activity: 313

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:07:37 AM

“Giving up,” says Karpeles, “is not a part of how I usually do things.”

So MtGox must be his first business devotion, because if he had another he would not have given it up to run MtGox. It is difficult to let go of your first business, since it defined you "so far". Yongsters do think like that. When you run the 2nd and 3rd business you slowly realize your business does not define you - it is the moment you start to build personal integrity and stop to attach so much emotion to business ("I'll never give up").

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
zhangweiwu

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:14:24 AM

I don't think he is ashamed. He is quite shameless when lying and pretends we are all braindead not being able to see through his continuous lying.

We are (braindead not being able to see through his continuous lying). There are only a few members on this forum who saw through his continuous lying before the revelation.

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
grifferz

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:17:10 AM

We are (braindead not being able to see through his continuous lying). There are only a few members on this forum saw through his lying before the revelation.
You must be joking right? There are threads going back years of people burnt by MtGox and not going back.

You didn't need to be a visionary to see the writing on the wall even ebfore fiat withdrawals became difficult.
zhangweiwu

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:44:48 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 08:30:06 AM by zhangweiwu

We are (braindead not being able to see through his continuous lying). There are only a few members on this forum saw through his lying before the revelation.
You must be joking right? There are threads going back years of people burnt by MtGox and not going back.

You didn't need to be a visionary to see the writing on the wall even ebfore fiat withdrawals became difficult.

You felt something wrong in MtGox, your fear justified, but you did not see through the lies.

I'll give you examples: the blame on Transaction Malleability is wrong, but few saw its purpose; multiple delay in fixing and few saw through the smoke grenade that they are using the time to seek bail-out. MtGox is manipulating the market price, but only a few (e.g. JorgeStolfi) can do the math and calculate that the hole is larger than what they can redeem through inside trading, and it is again to buy time for bail out. Everyone know MtGox was cheating but only a few know (not feels) they would not survive this time. In the noises, hard fact predicting MtGox's insolvent was very few, and most have bet MtGox's survival as an insignificant power. Nobody was bold enough to point out they are not only insolvent, but lost 99.8% of customer's coins, no one predicted something even near that.

After the fact everyone can say "I knew they were evil and I knew something was wrong", that is far from seeing truth through the lies. I think Mark K lied well.

itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:50:25 AM

What's sad is that Gox was the entry point for a lot of n00bs.

It's like if AOL took in a bunch of people and then killed their internet forever.  Massive fuck up.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
grifferz

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:49:27 PM

You felt something wrong in MtGox, your fear justified, but you did not see through the lies.
I really think you should go back through my posts of the last two weeks before suggesting that I didn't see through any lies. I haven't believed a word that Karpeles has said since he first lost the customer DB in 2011. It absolutely did not require any sort of special ability to see where this was going. And if you're wrong about me you can bet you are wrong about a lot of people.

The volume of topics calling bullshit over a period of years disagrees with your statement.

Did you even look as far as the topic on MtGox here in this subforum that has 200 pages of people being able to "see through his continuous lying."

What a bizarre position to take.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 04:27:15 PM

The $367 million dollar cat...

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:58:12 PM

"Temporarily unavailable"
could be referring to the accounts that have been frozen by the US because of their links to Silk Road. I believe there are a number of them and perhaps Mark doesn't even have the private keys for these coins anymore.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:19:57 PM

Seriously if any Goxxed yakuza are reading this please don't hurt the cat.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:30:16 PM

"Temporarily unavailable"
could be referring to the accounts that have been frozen by the US because of their links to Silk Road. I believe there are a number of them and perhaps Mark doesn't even have the private keys for these coins anymore.

I've read a lot of speculation about this (including time-stamped cold storage on stolen coins etc.) but unfortunately I fear the more mundane explanation - that Mark is simply referring to the fact that withdrawals have not yet been opened - is the most likely.

And also that this is just him going through the motions of drawing out the official line started weeks ago... when he realised Gox had completely run out of juice.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:02:03 PM

Seriously if any Goxxed yakuza are reading this please don't hurt the cat.

Agreed.  It's not the cat's fault, unless the cat deleted the cold wallet.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
theomar

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:16:07 AM

Karpeles has a lot of bitcoins. He is an early adopter and he was running one of the biggest exchanges. He must have more than 100k btc for himself in cold storage which was not related with mtgox. He is not an idiot he is told to pretend it. For sure a lot of bitcoins may have been lost but the problem here is the trust. If mtgox enable bitcoin withdrawals and the 550k costomers or a portion of them loose trust and try to sell their bitcoins then the price will go down down down... So the best strategy for him and for big investors is to claim that all btc had been lost if the majority eat that manipulation. The "leaked" document and the irc conversion is for testing reactions.

Pure manipulation...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: