Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters should be paid or rewarded in ETH or BTC  (Read 387 times)
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:22:17 PM

Will never happen.
They'd rather pay you with their shitcoins, it costs them nothing.
And that is if you ever get paid which is getting rare nowadays.

I agree with you on this. Having ICOs paying in the two best coins is very risky and costly for them plus they'd rather have you with their tokens because in the event the project fails their expense on you is after all more or less free.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 08:44:53 PM

I'm not sure that changing currency will make situation better, because problem of rewarding are scam and  unpromising projects. Hunters should be able to analyze ICOs.

ziggy21

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:58:40 PM

Paying Bounty hunters in the native tokens if a project is a common practice but in reality, it is better to pay in ETH or BTC because this means that the projects tokens will trade without the impact of bounty tokens getting dumped like most people like to claim.
Besides it means that bounty hunters who believe in the project can then buy the tokens on exchange all of which will give tokens good value on the market.
vallytech

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

seriously if the bounty companies starts paying in eth or btc, it will really make a whole lot of sense, it will make bounty to be so lucrative and because you will be sure of what you are getting, most times you will get tokens worth thousands of dollars in bounty token but when it hits market, the price will be worthless.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:09:23 PM

Yes, indeed, now there is a tendency that many campaigns do not pay rewards for the bounty for a long time or are transferred to later terms.  I think members of the bounty campaigns should have a choice, wait for tokens or for example get a reward on Ethereum or Bitcoin.  So it was in some campaigns for Amazix.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:12:08 PM

seriously if the bounty companies starts paying in eth or btc, it will really make a whole lot of sense, it will make bounty to be so lucrative and because you will be sure of what you are getting, most times you will get tokens worth thousands of dollars in bounty token but when it hits market, the price will be worthless.

If they do that they will be stuck with too many piles of their own shitcoins that nobody will ever buy.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

Getting the reward from bounties usually depends on the strategy of the ICO team because they are also aware with a price dump made by bounty hunters. It is obvious that they will prioritize their investors first before the bounty hunters right? On the other hand, bounty managers also have to get permission to the ICO team before distributing those rewards so it really takes time before we receive those rewards. I participated in multiple bounties and based on my experience, I also would recommend that bounty rewards should be paid by ETH to avoid price dumping from bounty hunters. I hope that someday, this will be implemented here in the forum or bounty managers.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:26:46 PM

I'm not sure that changing currency will make situation better, because problem of rewarding are scam and  unpromising projects. Hunters should be able to analyze ICOs.

absolutely right, there is no guarantee by changing bounty rewards with eth or btc
because, all Ico project is depends on their team, if the team serious, everything will be run in good mode mate

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mbally

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

It's not really that easy for bounty company to pay with eth or btc, because it will not be good idea to use the investors money meant for project building to pay bounty hunters, it is easy to pay bounty hunters with their tokens because the tokens are generated
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:37:26 AM

I think paying the bounty hunters in eth or btc will make a whole lot of sense especially now we are in the bear market, it will encourage bounty hunters to work more hard and more people to join the bounty hunting.
losiva

Activity: 206
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:37:10 PM

Though it won't really be that easy but I would want them to do like cardstack bounty, they gave bounty hunters an option to either receive their reward on the card tokens or with eth, and i think if bounty payment are done this way, it will make a lot of sense.
Bayonetto

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:57:12 AM

I agree, it seems like a good way of securing the earnings of the bounty hunters, after all, it is a job that they are completing and they expect to get paid as soon as possible and not going trough an exhausting process just to get paid.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:06:37 AM

I think it's a good solution for every ICO developer and prize hunter, every ICO has to pay bounty hunters using Ethereum or Bitcoin, we know that mercenaries work without pay, who want to work without being paid? Sometimes many of the ICO just think about the benefits of their team without thinking about things both for prize hunters, prize hunters have helped your business, we should have been paid with Ethereum or Bitcoin.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:07:22 AM

After reading some posts on this forum, i realized that a lot of bounty hunters do not either receive their tokens or the tokens they received for the past months are still not listed on any exchange platforms.  Bounty hunters contribute to the success of ICOs by advertising bounty campaign on all forms of platforms including social medias like facebook and twitter. Some hunters go to the extra mile by writing blogs and articles about the bounty campaign and the ICO.  If after months of joining a bounty, they don't get paid, I feel bounty project managers are not being fair to these people. I believe bounty campaigns should start paying bounty hunters in ETH or BTC. PLease let me know if you agree with me......

ICO is new project with new product ( coins ) and they have built their system and program using their product. They use marketing method to start ( bounty program ) to introduce their coin and the coin must show their performance. If ICO pay with ETH how they can built performance if the product not show off ( running ). I agree with pay eth but developer also have reason why they should pay us with their coin.

Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:15:37 AM

After reading some posts on this forum, i realized that a lot of bounty hunters do not either receive their tokens or the tokens they received for the past months are still not listed on any exchange platforms.  Bounty hunters contribute to the success of ICOs by advertising bounty campaign on all forms of platforms including social medias like facebook and twitter. Some hunters go to the extra mile by writing blogs and articles about the bounty campaign and the ICO.  If after months of joining a bounty, they don't get paid, I feel bounty project managers are not being fair to these people. I believe bounty campaigns should start paying bounty hunters in ETH or BTC. PLease let me know if you agree with me......
There are those campaigns that paid their participants directly in BTC and it is seldom nowadays. In my opinion, it would be fair if ICOs will pay their bounty hunters with ETH/BTC as this will assure the hunters of a sure reward no matter how small or big it is. One advantage i see if they pay hunter with eth/btc is that they will not worry anymore of token dumping after the crowdsale. But we don't have control over the ICOs so if will only depend on their strategy.
bit..what?

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:15:55 AM

I would also find it better if i was paid with bitcoin or ethereum.
If you believe in the project, you can still buy tokens after the ico and with the bounty reward.
That would be better for the token price and the bounty participants.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:21:48 AM

I do agree with this. Usually, bounty participants would only get a little percentage of what is sold which would be below 5% which is not that big compared to how much the team would receive then to develop the project. Most of the time, the bounty hunters would sell the tokens anyway when it is listed in exchanges in exchange for BTC or ETH. There are already ICOs who are doing this but some are sticking to distribute their coins.

It is a good opportunity to gain from the coins but then when it is not getting listed, the participants are just waiting and some don't even get listed after a year. This would also remove the bias against bounty hunters dumping their coins upon listing since they wouldn't receive the coins anymore.

Mallequinn

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:23:55 AM

It would be fair, but I think one of the purposes of the bounty campaigns is also the distribution of tokens while making promotion of the project, and most bounty hunters should understand that, while ICO should also consider to make the payments on time.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:24:55 AM

If after months of joining a bounty, they don't get paid
How would changing the coin you get paid in going to change that?  Either the bounty hunters get paid or they don't and it doesn't matter if its an ICO token or bitcoin.

I believe that there is no big difference in what cryptocurrency to pay the bounty company.
I'm sure it matters to the bounty hunters, since those tokens can end up worthless pretty quick.

Get real, though.  The 'work' being done here is spamming, plain and simple.  Bounty hunters are extremely fortunate that these opportunities exist but they should view what they do realistically.  That isn't even taking into account all the abuse that goes on with alt accounts and plagiarism.  What I'm saying is that they're lucky to be getting a token as payment because that 'work' is, as hilariousandco would say, sweatshop crap.
Vladique

Activity: 1372

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:01:58 AM

It would be cool to receive payment in the ethereum or bitcoin, but this will not happen. We were lucky with the fact that there is a bounty because if you look at the fact that it's easy money
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: