May 11, 2024, 06:54:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009210 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:04:35 AM

take it easy people, we still have allot of dump as you mine miners on our network, they are gona jump ship once difficulty halves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
homey108

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:59:39 AM

can or does anyone on here know exactly what determines a coins value? what is it that makes the value go up or down? or does no one actually know? I have an idea but im baffled because it seems values are easily manipulated, even one person alone is able to spike or completely flat line a coins value if they have enough resources at their disposal. Iv done a search online for answers but found nothing.

Supply and demand.

Simple as that, sure there will be short term anomalies but in the long run it's all about supply and demand. This is what makes coins like zeit with a 99 billion coin float almost guaranteed to be stuck in low valuations. It takes an enormous demand to overcome that kind of supply.
ateneto

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:10:26 AM

since this coin just crashed to nothing...
can people please stop mining so I can mine more...?  Grin

seriously guys:
The value of a coin is what people are willing to put on the table to get it.
All crypto coins have no intrinsic value of course. That's what they have in common with Fiat currencies.
The difference between Fiat and crypto is that the central banks are creating Fiat and we create crypto.
WE... you and me...
I like that don't you?

Zeitcoin is great because it links crypto to the Zeitgeist movies which are one of the greatest explanations of the history and realities of central banking and the connected Zeitgeist.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:13:41 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 05:24:16 AM by Anonymousg64

can or does anyone on here know exactly what determines a coins value? what is it that makes the value go up or down? or does no one actually know? I have an idea but im baffled because it seems values are easily manipulated, even one person alone is able to spike or completely flat line a coins value if they have enough resources at their disposal. Iv done a search online for answers but found nothing.

Supply and demand.

Simple as that, sure there will be short term anomalies but in the long run it's all about supply and demand. This is what makes coins like zeit with a 99 billion coin float almost guaranteed to be stuck in low valuations. It takes an enormous demand to overcome that kind of supply.

unlike DOGE, the supply will come in much slower

in less then 3 months 57% of DOGE's have been mined

it will take ~10+ years for ZEIT to get to 57%

for the time being you can expect 25%-32% during this year
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:32:26 AM

Supply and demand.

I think also it is too early to determine as it will depend on what infrastructure will come with ZEITCOIN and what is rolled out in future. For now the Whales and miners will dump coin cheapo. I for one will not dump my half a million or so ZEIT for 1 or 2 sats. I am going to be patient and hold and wait and see.. Smiley
Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:39:35 AM

Supply and demand.

I think also it is too early to determine as it will depend on what infrastructure will come with ZEITCOIN and what is rolled out in future. For now the Whales and miners will dump coin cheapo. I for one will not dump my half a million or so ZEIT for 1 or 2 sats. I am going to be patient and hold and wait and see.. Smiley

nothing to determine, this is calculated supply
had you confused my numbers for valuation expectation?
flinchy

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:42:18 AM

Supply and demand.

yeah but it' still fast mining.. 12.75% in week one alone.. then 25% by end of week 6.. after that it gets to 31.25% in a year and 6 weeks.. then it only REALLY slows down after that.

hell, there's hardly any reason to mine after week 2 let alone the full 6 weeks lol.
Jeezy911

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:46:33 AM

Did the price of Zeit crash down to nothing?   Huh
no low point on this coin should be mid next week through week after. If you want a good idea of how IT COULD play out look at the price history of mintcoin. But for that to happen we will need a better exchange like mintpal or craptsy

Jeezy911

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:48:17 AM

I would also say that if you can get these for 2 satoshi def go for it

Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:52:19 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 06:04:45 AM by Anonymousg64

Supply and demand.

yeah but it' still fast mining.. 12.75% in week one alone.. then 25% by end of week 6.. after that it gets to 31.25% in a year and 6 weeks.. then it only REALLY slows down after that.

hell, there's hardly any reason to mine after week 2 let alone the full 6 weeks lol.

by your logic people should have given up on DOGE after the first month, in 1.13 months it was at 25% of supply mined

its only fast for the first 6 weeks, then it drops dramatically, value will shoot up

how dramatically? lets put it into perspective

the current rate of ZEIT per day is 2880 * 650000 = 1872000000
--PoS included from this point, assuming every coin is left to age and generate PoS blocks--
after week six it will be 17126167 ZEIT/day

thats a 1093 reduction in supply growth, even if you look at it from week six, it will still be a factor of 3.4
expect bigger factors when considering not all coins will be 100% PoSing
Jeezy911

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:12:27 AM

Supply and demand.

by your logic people should have given up on DOGE after the first month, in 1.13 months it was at 25% of supply mined

its only fast for the first 6 weeks, then it drops dramatically, value will shoot up

after week six it will be 2880

thats a 650000 reduction in supply growth, even if you look at it from week six, its still be a factor of 20312
Listen I actually consider myself at least someone who know the market of these coins very well. I only mess with POW\POS hybrids or coins with hype (AUR, MAZA) and long term with coins that have actual innovation (dark, premine) ect. There is few things you MUST watch out for and other clues that help. 1. How hot is the thread? 2. If there is a premine, is it large? If it is not large, is it being used properly? 3. Is there long term wallet problems? 4. Did the dev disappear or has the website gone down? 5. If the price starts to rise to a point when people say things like "we are going to 100 satoshi" if its already up 2000% sell.   You will make money if you follow these rules

Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:20:16 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 07:16:56 AM by Anonymousg64

Supply and demand.

--PoS included from this point, assuming every coin is left to age and generate PoS blocks--
after week six it will be 17126167 ZEIT/day

thats a 1093 reduction in supply growth, even if you look at it from week six, it will still be a factor of 3.4
expect bigger factors when considering not all coins will be 100% PoSing
Listen I actually consider myself at least someone who know the market of these coins very well. I only mess with POW\POS hybrids or coins with hype (AUR, MAZA) and long term with coins that have actual innovation (dark, premine) ect. There is few things you MUST watch out for and other clues that help. 1. How hot is the thread? 2. If there is a premine, is it large? If it is not large, is it being used properly? 3. Is there long term wallet problems? 4. Did the dev disappear or has the website gone down? 5. If the price starts to rise to a point when people say things like "we are going to 100 satoshi" if its already up 2000% sell.   You will make money if you follow these rules

your not dealing with your usual coin here, unless the dev deviates from what i expect and i fail in my own projects that will come of use to this coin
Jeezy911

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

Supply and demand.

thats a 650000 reduction in supply growth, even if you look at it from week six, its still be a factor of 20312
Listen I actually consider myself at least someone who know the market of these coins very well. I only mess with POW\POS hybrids or coins with hype (AUR, MAZA) and long term with coins that have actual innovation (dark, premine) ect. There is few things you MUST watch out for and other clues that help. 1. How hot is the thread? 2. If there is a premine, is it large? If it is not large, is it being used properly? 3. Is there long term wallet problems? 4. Did the dev disappear or has the website gone down? 5. If the price starts to rise to a point when people say things like "we are going to 100 satoshi" if its already up 2000% sell.   You will make money if you follow these rules

your not dealing with your usual coin here, unless the dev deviates from what i expect and i fail in my own projects that will come of use to this coin
Have you ever noticed that 1 team devs are usually good at either marketing or programing but never both lol.

Anonymousg64

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:33:55 AM

Supply and demand.

Have you ever noticed that 1 team devs are usually good at either marketing or programing but never both lol.

I could take over programming if that needed be, I want a cryptocoin for my purpose, which is directly inline with TZM.

also do not underestimate the power of a singular individual, provided the dev is passionate and purpose driven, we could have a coin that leads the way to innovation
its too early to tell if the dev is such, but given my support, i dont think there is any other option, progress or fork.
technically, its not a 1 dev operation, open source means at any point anyone can contribute
Kam800

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:44:30 AM

Does this mean that we won't get supported by the official TZM, why are they not open minded, will they change their mind?

From the ANN on the 1st page:
Hey,

Sorry to say, the global coordinators do not like the idea of alternative currencies - they believe it is against the message of the movement and are also concerned about fraud. I can really see the idea behind getting alternative currencies going, especially from a 'transition' standpoint, but unfortunately because we are hosting the international event, they have the final say. If you want to come to ZDay or one of the after parties in order to debate its merits with people in the movement you are welcome to do that. The movement has definitely become more strict in terms of drawing lines around what can be labelled officially 'Zeitgeist' and what cannot.

Sorry again

Nope, thats one group! I personally Have made contact with groups within the UK, TZM doesnt have any leaders the members may choose to follow us or not but if we get enough support from the bottom then they will force the hand of these "topmen" making decisions on behalf of thousands. Dont worry there is support with in TZM for zeitcoin we just need more 

Just my 2 ZEITs here...

I think the greatest thing TZM have achieved is to raise awareness on how broken our financial systems are. They have brought a certain amount of enlightenment to many who feel trapped in an oppressive, controlling regime that dominates governments and countries alike. But if asked if the Zeitgeist movement has been successful in making real change to the world? I have to say no.

Now this may be an uncomfortable parallel, but this compares closely to the achievements of Karl Marx. I know, I know, I can feel the discomfort radiating through your screen. But look at it from an objective point of view; Marx's most important work was Das Kapital, a stern and uncompromising appraisal of the capitalist system as he knew it that stirred up anger and resentment at its criticism. Only when pressed into coming up with an alternative did he invent what we now call Socialism, much like how the Zeitgeist movement has embraced Jacque Fresco's ideas for a resource-based economy.

It might be completely unworkable, but it's function has been to offer a rebuttal to those who ask "Yeah, very good but what's the alternative? Could you think of something better?" Marx painted a picture of an idealistic future, much like the cities that Fresco has designed. Does that take away from the important message? Well maybe a little if you focus on the 'solutions', but the reasons behind forming those solutions are key to the message "This shit's got to go"

For that reason, ZEIT coin is realising the aims of TZM - to bring awareness of the situation we face. Banking is fucked, the money system is broken. Are cryptocurrencies part of the solution? Possibly not, but the more people who understand the mire we find ourselves in, the more power we have to build a better future.

Too bad the Canada wing of TZM couldn't see this, I think they need every opportunity to spread the message.
Jeezy911

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:44:41 AM

As long as the coin doesnt do a superman move to like 50 satoshi I wont and dont sell POS coins. Selling before stake almost always a bad play.

Kam800

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:46:58 AM

Supply and demand.

I could take over programming if that needed be, I want a cryptocoin for my purpose, which is directly inline with TZM.

also do not underestimate the power of a singular individual, provided the dev is passionate and purpose driven, we could have a coin that leads the way to innovation
its too early to tell if the dev is such, but given my support, i dont think there is any other option, progress or fork.
technically, its not a 1 dev operation, open source means at any point anyone can contribute

Oh crap sorry didn't mean to interrupt your debate with my post >_<
awais3344

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:12:00 AM

wow, its just falling, bought at 3.  Angry

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mitsarasss

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:12:41 AM

I wait for my 50k coins, where i can get?
Yeah, me too.  Angry
mrmork666

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:12:51 AM

if someone wants to buy 100 cryptsy votes with zeit i can do it for 800k zeit anytime Smiley
(just 1 now)

actually 10votes for 80k also is fine

still willing to do this Wink

Join The Zeitcoin Movement
Zeit : MhcEMb6YvZCnb4TPnti74p4s6mNiRvGMbQ | Ltc : LVAfAYf3dr47v5JbVRbGHfqUfKPLTx9Vnk
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: