May 04, 2024, 03:42:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ZEITCOIN
https://zeit-coin.net
https://zeit-knights.slack.com
https://t.me/zeit_coin

Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 861 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS]  (Read 1009205 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:24:34 PM

i have a theory, what if we caused the drop in value because less people mined, creating a feedback loop of miners willing to sell lower and lower as they got more coins from lower difficulty?

I think we should try increasing the network hashrate to 10Gh/s and see if a rise in value follows from miners holding their coins until more profitable to sell.

explain a bit more please?

by giving up on mining our coin, we left it to those who seek profit only, increasing the amount of coins they get by lowering difficulty, thus increasing the amount of supply on exchanges
what if we tried to reverse that, get those who seek profit off our coin and reduce the amount of coins individuals get for better distribution, would we see less coins on exchanges?

so start mining again? it makes sense to us who have 10's of mills for that to happen, im in. Smiley

i will throw my 10Mh/s back at it

we need a community effort to test this

Soz guys, my feeble 1.3Mh/s is staying on VertCoin Sad

For one, I'm not convinced by this strategy - or even how you'll know if YOUR efforts have changed anything.

For two, I need as much ammo as I can get for Z-28:03

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ydrogios

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:32:00 PM

@ LionOfNarnia = Did you start mining Blitz this evening?

Tried to start, loadza problems, gone back to Vert.

One hour wasted Sad
Blisz has Launch?Huh
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:37:52 PM

@ LionOfNarnia = Did you start mining Blitz this evening?

Tried to start, loadza problems, gone back to Vert.

One hour wasted Sad
Blisz has Launch?Huh

TOTAL cluster-fuck Sad

When I gave up on it (90 mins ago) there were as many forks as pools & no working market.

I'm NOT saying it was a scam. (Though plenty are.) Just too fucked up to waste any more time on.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
oox

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:44:29 PM

Is there a blockchain explorer? I mined for a few weeks from launch. Updated wallet other day and had nothing but trouble. Now it's saying 900,000+ are unconfirmed  Undecided
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:48:04 PM

i have a theory, what if we caused the drop in value because less people mined, creating a feedback loop of miners willing to sell lower and lower as they got more coins from lower difficulty?

I think we should try increasing the network hashrate to 10Gh/s and see if a rise in value follows from miners holding their coins until more profitable to sell.

by giving up on mining our coin, we left it to those who seek profit only, increasing the amount of coins they get by lowering difficulty, thus increasing the amount of supply on exchanges
what if we tried to reverse that, get those who seek profit off our coin and reduce the amount of coins individuals get for better distribution, would we see less coins on exchanges?

so start mining again? it makes sense to us who have 10's of mills for that to happen, im in. Smiley

Soz guys, my feeble 1.3Mh/s is staying on VertCoin Sad

For one, I'm not convinced by this strategy - or even how you'll know if YOUR efforts have changed anything.

For two, I need as much ammo as I can get for Z-28:03

we will know, if the network hashrate stabilizes back to profitable levels, we know those not part of the community have left, if not we will be able to measure the impact of this lower profitability over time on the market.

I think it makes sense, more distribution, less dumpers, higher target price in miners mind for profitability.

ZION! lets show them our might, i dont want to make more then 1/5 of what i normally make, so 1Mh/s on ZEIT will get me 0.0014BTC/day
MAKE IT SO

i have a stock of ammo ready for friday
ydrogios

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:58:32 PM

I have 98 million ZEIT and aim to get that to 100
It`s a good plan let`s try it we have nothing to loose i`m in people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:01:46 PM

I have 560K. Please try to contain your laughter.  Tongue

<tries to contain laughter>
aaaahahahahahaha Look at the wee little minnow!!!!

<failed to contain laugher>

Sorry :|

Nice. Thanks for that.  Cheesy

And Lion, I only wish I was a millionaire! I couldn't even lie and say I was anyway, because one look at the blockchain and my bluff would be called real quick!

LOL

If the explorer wasn't down I'd do just that Wink

Check yer wallet, dude.

Whoa! Thanks bro!! I'll be sure to send you some back when I get the mint from that! Finally a Zeitillionaire!!  Grin

roadies

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:02:51 PM

Has anyone considered a zeit multi-pool similar to bcmultipool or mintpool to keep buy pressure on zeit? Basically mine alt coins, auto-exchange for btc, then auto-exchange for Zeit.
+1

THAT idea was suggested, then rejected by the community DAYS ago Sad

Multipooling is a lazy, wasteful, inefficient ploy for daily dumpers,

That is against just about everything we stand for here.

THIS community? I usually only check this thread every few DAYS. Usually once a WEEK. So I must have MISSED it. SORRY. Maybe if there was a more effecient way of giving information to THIS community. I'm too LAZY to read 350+ pages of troll agenda.

Multipooling helped cause a very decent lift for buy-and-holders of BC, MINT and VERT as soon as PoW dried up.

And how is it lazy, wasteful, and ineffecient? Wouldn't it be far more wasteful and inefficient to keep your mining power towards a fraction of 1 Zeitcoin PoW blocks? And wouldn't it be lazy to sit around and wait for PoS coins to enter the chain?  I hope THIS is not what the community is about.

Once PoW is done, the only two ways to increase your stake is PoS and buying Zeit. People with mining equipment are going to mine. Why are you shaming those for exchanging their mined coins to buy more Zeitcoin? If the community is against this, wow, I'm sorry I'm a part of this community!

Me, I'd rather put my resources and money into acquiring a larger stake than sit around and wait for it.

And who rejected the idea, exactly? You and a couple other multipool hating trolls?

I believe in this coin. I believe in acquiring this coin. I believe in holding onto this coin for long term value. I have a significant stake, and I wish to increase it. I'd prefer to spend only the PoS coins if I ever have to, so currently I want to acquire cheap coins as much as I can through PoS OR buying.

If the community is against this, then I think it is full of hypocrites in denial.
Kokok

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:08:57 PM

I don't have crazy hash power, but I'll help out in this test too.
Hope others join in, it'll take a good portion of the community to see any difference.

If nothing major changes in a few hrs I'll have to switch back to my alternate.
Lion' does have a valid point, if we're are to make a push on those walls, would be wise to prepare for the target date.

I'll throw 2Mh/s at it...

Tired of mining BQC and DOGE anyways!
roadies

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:12:35 PM

if people want a multipool then set one up! if you want to use it then use it if you don't then dont, take your own action and do what you think is right and things will sort them selves out.

Agreed. Thanks for this. I think your answer is much more representative of what this coin is about. Smiley
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:15:32 PM

Has anyone considered a zeit multi-pool similar to bcmultipool or mintpool to keep buy pressure on zeit? Basically mine alt coins, auto-exchange for btc, then auto-exchange for Zeit.
+1

THIS community? I usually only check this thread every few DAYS. Usually once a WEEK. So I must have MISSED it. SORRY. Maybe if there was a more effecient way of giving information to THIS community. I'm too LAZY to read 350+ pages of troll agenda.

Multipooling helped cause a very decent lift for buy-and-holders of BC, MINT and VERT as soon as PoW dried up.

And how is it lazy, wasteful, and ineffecient? Wouldn't it be far more wasteful and inefficient to keep your mining power towards a fraction of 1 Zeitcoin PoW blocks? And wouldn't it be lazy to sit around and wait for PoS coins to enter the chain?  I hope THIS is not what the community is about.

Once PoW is done, the only two ways to increase your stake is PoS and buying Zeit. People with mining equipment are going to mine. Why are you shaming those for exchanging their mined coins to buy more Zeitcoin? If the community is against this, wow, I'm sorry I'm a part of this community!

Me, I'd rather put my resources and money into acquiring a larger stake than sit around and wait for it.

And who rejected the idea, exactly? You and a couple other multipool hating trolls?

I believe in this coin. I believe in acquiring this coin. I believe in holding onto this coin for long term value. I have a significant stake, and I wish to increase it. I'd prefer to spend only the PoS coins if I ever have to, so currently I want to acquire cheap coins as much as I can through PoS OR buying.

If the community is against this, then I think it is full of hypocrites in denial.

WHERE DO I START?  

1) I had NOTHING to do with the rejection of the multi-pool idea, but I thought about it afterwards & rejected it for the same reasons I rejected multi-pooling before Zeit.

2) To begin a big posting by slagging off the people who are here, not just every day, but many times a day is not a good start my friend.

3) Your beliefs about this coin are exactly the same as mine. Your tactics too. Read back a few days, you might want to join Z-28:03 Wink

4) Friendly advice - do more reading & less ranting Grin

orbcon

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:16:11 PM

Ah, a pure sickener, was planning on borrowing some dosh from the credit union to buy a couple of BTC but no chance of happening before next week, price of Zeit will probably have tripled by then lol.
winevirus

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:19:39 PM

Sorry about the block explorer folks. I've been working on the machine with it, trying to fix some issues (like it lagging out and dying ~_~). It's back up

Edit: if you ever find it down, find me in IRC and ping me. if I don't respond, I'm most likely AFK, meaning it's not down due to me. Tongue
LionOfNarnia

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

Ah, a pure sickener, was planning on borrowing some dosh from the credit union to buy a couple of BTC but no chance of happening before next week, price of Zeit will probably have tripled by then lol.

No wuckers mate, you'll still be able to pick up a wadge for rock-bottom prices next week.

(To me, compared with where this coin is going, everything under 25 is a bargain)

Anyway the tripling isn't scheduled until 01:04:2014 Wink

TuxNut

Activity: 182

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:25:34 PM

Lets hear it.

Send me PMs (here or on twitter if you like).
What amount you are planing to hold on to for the next 6months or longer.
A rough estimate like "~10million" if you have 8.9 or 14 is good enough.

So, Rig died, had to head out and sort it (possibly a PSU fell over, need to test) so took phone off charge and therefore able to log in.

My estimate was quite poor, seems I bought a fair bit more than I'd kept track of.

Have ~30mil in total across 2 exchanges and wallet, not the 14mil I thought before :s

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
lti4301

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:25:56 PM

I have 98 million ZEIT and aim to get that to 100
It`s a good plan let`s try it we have nothing to loose i`m in people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The perfect plan
Let me also involved Grin
Dale Allen

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:29:26 PM

I'm watching the Liverpool game at the mo. I'll throw my 60 MH on it in the morning or later tonight when I get back.
lti4301

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:31:22 PM

I see some disappointment about the zeit coin or there`s nothing to worry about???

Do not worry about what
Have it should believe him Grin Grin Grin
TuxNut

Activity: 182

I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:33:07 PM

+1

I'm anti multipool and have been called a troll many times in my life.

My reasoning again (a search for multi-pool would help you find peoples reasoning) is that we'd be throwing our hash rate on a coin just to dump it, this would not make us many friends in the Crypto-World.

When it comes to what coin to mine and when to dump the coins could cause rifts to form in the community which is not optimal.
If you'd like to use a multi-pool to get BTC and buy Zeit with it, that's up to you. There are several out there to chose from.

Personally, if I'd like to buy Zeit, I'll mine a coin I chose to mine, dump the coins when I chose to dump them and buy Zeit when I feel like buying, but then, I've never been one for just doing what the mob does. I was brought up to have think for myself and to take responsibility for my actions, not hide behind a crowd.

Tired of how corrupt and  the world is? You're not alone
Take 2 hours to learn some stuff
lti4301

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:33:54 PM

Wow, it always seems to kick off when we Brits are asleep!

After careful consideration, I'm making a personal decision to completely boycott Cryptsy for the mayhem they have caused. Even cashed in my points to transfer to MintPal to buy Zeit.

Mind you, on a positive note the MintPal 24 hr volume on Zeit is higher than Doge & it won't be long before the price hits 3.

My plan is to make some BTC until maybe Thursday, then be ready for another round of 'The Game'.

This time to start the attack on the 3-wall Wink

Have a great weekend, Zeitcoiners Cheesy

Time is beyond the safety and value the most need to solve the problem
Let's rub one's eyes and wait Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... 861 »
  Print  

Jump to: