Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Of The ICO Telegram Group Has Fake Inactive Members  (Read 891 times)
Querubbin26

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:05:45 PM

That's why I think we should always do a thorough investigation before trying to invest or campaign for an ICO, many things of this system are highly manipulable, from the price, to the real investors or the scores on the review sites, we always have to be alert to any irregularities that arise and try to support us as a community, thank you for your service.
teeshe

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 11:34:56 PM

Guys, be careful with your money and time. Many investor and bounty members look into the telegram group members before joining in ICO Project. Like by seeing 50K to 90K Members in a running ICO group, we make the decision to do bounty campaigns for them, and investors go to invest there. But almost 70% of members are fake, came from airdrop, bot, added without permission and so on. You will see some people keep praising that project, will hit, wow project, good admin and blah blah. They posted those fake praise because of bounty and airdrop. Everyone should more careful before investing in any project. What do you think about this matter? Share your thoughts.

Making an investment decision based on the population of the Telegram community of a project is definitely a no - no for me.
Some projects could even go further in their dubious nature by buying ratings from rating websites. One definitely needs to carry out a detailed research on projects before committing funds in order to avoid Losses.
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:43:35 PM

and the average group member is a bounty campaign participant. seldom do we see a telegram group that is purely investors. I'm not saying this is wrong, but this can confuse investors. they think this project is good because it has a lot of members, apparently only contains bots and bounty participants

jawatulen

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:59:11 PM

and the average group member is a bounty campaign participant. seldom do we see a telegram group that is purely investors. I'm not saying this is wrong, but this can confuse investors. they think this project is good because it has a lot of members, apparently only contains bots and bounty participants

yeah, most of telegram group now full of bots,,
bounty participants just a little part of the group, maybe the project team think if their telegram group have a lot of members
they can attract more investors, but, this absolutely a big mistake
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:07:11 AM

Guys, be careful with your money and time. Many investor and bounty members look into the telegram group members before joining in ICO Project. Like by seeing 50K to 90K Members in a running ICO group, we make the decision to do bounty campaigns for them, and investors go to invest there. But almost 70% of members are fake, came from airdrop, bot, added without permission and so on. You will see some people keep praising that project, will hit, wow project, good admin and blah blah. They posted those fake praise because of bounty and airdrop. Everyone should more careful before investing in any project. What do you think about this matter? Share your thoughts.
Having a huge community is only a small factor that impact investors to invest in ICO. They are more interested in the project idea, authenticity of the team and it's credibility and their marketing strategy.
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:16:58 AM

That is true. There more fake social media fans, followers, paid videos, ratings... Better be extremely careful.

cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:14:45 AM

We have to be cautious. Because the deceivers around us are roaming around. Most foul members of this group You must verify before investing anywhere. Your awareness will protect your money.
BTCisAngelCoin

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:27:04 AM

True indeed. Now a days the market is loaded with scams. I would suggest everyone to be cautious as much as possible.
SnodGrass74

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:31:47 AM

There are always 2 sides of every good work, one side is good and other side is bad. One way telegram is helping all ICO investors by immediately replying to investors queries and other way scammers are active scamming new bees. But one thing i wanted to say loud and clear is that crypto world itself is full of uncertainties and people whoever coming here to make money should know this world first before stepping in.
Siblack

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:32:33 AM

personally, in selecting an ico I will see the telegram group. if the admin in the telegram is always active in answering questions from the members and providing the latest information about the project, then it can be said that the project can be trusted and it's worthy to be followed. we must actively ask, so we can know the progress of the project.
BTCHeadstone

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:32:42 AM

Most of the ICO telegram groups are fake. But for me it’s a helpful place because it currently helping lots and lots of new comers who is either investing first time or who is unaware about various process to participate of ICO. I also benefited a lot from those groups. So my advice is to choose the right group and then use it.
CorneliaMarket

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:34:07 AM

I can’t agree with you more. I also noticed many telegram channel has tens thousands or more people. But you’ll find a few people active each day.
johnokeefe09

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:35:14 AM

This is very sad and unprofessional. I never thought something like this would ever happen in telegram groups. This might decrease peoples' attraction in ICO. Thank you very much for your warning post.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

I am not surprised. Even during the telegram bounty campaigns, a lot of the members who sign up are actually fake. As of now, there is no concrete mechanism here in Bitcointalk to link a particular user account to a unique BTC or ETH address. If that is done, this practice can be put to an end.
Whicee

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:40:04 AM

Oh thanks for sharing this very important post with us. People can be concerned about it reading this. I hope nobody gets manipulated again by those fake comments. Those groups should be avoided
angelfaria

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:42:19 AM

I think you cant say all the members are inactive. As I know ICO project telegraph has more than 10k members most of them are came from airdrop. Among them some of the people are helping any project.
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:43:59 AM

So true.
There are many fake and fraudulent accounts on the telegram. Almost I was fooled.
Your post is very useful, hopefully there will be no more victims after the notification that you made. Thank you very helpful.

Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:46:10 AM

It is the truth. Most of them are fake and inactive members, they join for bounty and airdrop and don't left any comments, the only active members are admins.

Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:50:45 AM

True. I have known this from a long time which is why I usually warn any prospective investors from falling for such silly traps. Real communication between the developers and the participants needs to be observed for sometime before deciding whether they are legit or not. This usually helps weed out the scam groups from the legit ones. Don't fall for the numbers people. It is very easy to fall for such stuff. Great warning post op. As investors get smarter, these scams will fall in number paving way for legitimate cryptocurrencies to shine.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bridgetnana

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:50:58 AM

it's true. Because they are used for bad purposes, sometimes the DEV team wants to quickly develop a project that creates many virtual members or even a cheat element of the user.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: