Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:08:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Of The ICO Telegram Group Has Fake Inactive Members  (Read 885 times)
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:33:59 AM

Yeah that's true because I observe that on my telegram that I have many channel where I did not join them. It's so easy to get a bigger community in telegram channel as they can easily add those active username. I seen a channel with 90k members with just few had active and others were deleted accounts. Better to check first and report them as a scam and leave their channel.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drrekkty

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:51:36 AM

To my regret it is true and after ICO these members become inactive and shat is full of bots, advertisement.
 I appreciate smaller groups, but with real people discussing crypto related stuff
sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:12:00 PM

Thanks for making us aware of it. Though i have noticed it before. Investors should think twice before making any kind of decisions. Because these fake members can easily manipulate investors.
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:23:47 PM

Guys, be careful with your money and time. Many investor and bounty members look into the telegram group members before joining in ICO Project. Like by seeing 50K to 90K Members in a running ICO group, we make the decision to do bounty campaigns for them, and investors go to invest there. But almost 70% of members are fake, came from airdrop, bot, added without permission and so on. You will see some people keep praising that project, will hit, wow project, good admin and blah blah. They posted those fake praise because of bounty and airdrop. Everyone should more careful before investing in any project. What do you think about this matter? Share your thoughts.

I think that you are spot on, with projects making people join their telegram channels just for aridrops is why they have so many members and not because that many people are interested in investing in the project. They make it a must for you to join the telegram for bounties too so most of the members are not active and not even involved in the project.

Fourgh

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:27:50 PM

Yeah, a lot of people are just chatting nonsense and just keep on adding up. And sometimes Telegram manager are being replaced at a very fast rate. Maybe it isone of the indications of a fake ICO.

cryptotezi

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:27:57 PM

People invest their valuable money in the ICO projects to get a profit. But most of these projects are fake. After investing money, the people are just getting cheated. So, people have to aware of this.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:01:09 PM

The number of people and praise should not be a criterion for choosing a project. Teams attract a large number of participants thanks to bounty and airdrop.
EnergiToken

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:28:16 PM

This is the sad downside of airdrops.

Yes they do bring in a large amount of people, but in terms of sustainability and retention, the odds are many of these people will simply come for the free tokens and leave soon after, only to dump the coin the moment they see a small increase in price.

Give me 1000 real and passionate people over 40000 bots and airdroppers any day Smiley

Rafael Dunn
Community Manager
Energi Mine

Website - https://energitoken.com/
Telegram - http://t.me/energitoken
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EnergiMine
Medium - https://medium.com/energitokennews
Reddit -   https://www.reddit.com/r/EnergiToken/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/energi.token/?hl=en
ANN - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4629116.0
CryptoSimmonds

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:59:05 PM

Thanks much for sharing this with us and make us aware of it. It is really a very bad thing. Hopefully everyone will be alert from next time.
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:03:39 PM

Guys, be careful with your money and time. Many investor and bounty members look into the telegram group members before joining in ICO Project. Like by seeing 50K to 90K Members in a running ICO group, we make the decision to do bounty campaigns for them, and investors go to invest there. But almost 70% of members are fake, came from airdrop, bot, added without permission and so on. You will see some people keep praising that project, will hit, wow project, good admin and blah blah. They posted those fake praise because of bounty and airdrop. Everyone should more careful before investing in any project. What do you think about this matter? Share your thoughts.
You are obviously true my friend. There have lot of scam ico in current situation. We need to be careful before invest on any ico projects. We also need to check their telegram group to be safe from scamer.
Este

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:09:14 PM

It’s really rubbish. I also face this kind of fake praise but I never take those comments seriously. I don’t know why people do that. It’s just making the reputation bad of crypto market.   
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:54:04 PM

I completely agree. There are a lot of Telegram bounty churners. Once I saw like 50 Telegram accounts with the same Avatar and text. Joining probably for a bounty reward. These profiles are not active.
Ajadey4

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:30:18 PM

Exactly. You took the words out of my mouth. You will see a campaign recently launched, before you know it, thousands are on the page. proceed to confirm on their Twitter page, you will see just a fraction following them. How on Earth?! If that is not enough to convince you, you will see another case where bounty hunters and all are asking about bounty distribution and complaining about the whole project, Lo and behold, you will see some accounts praising the admins and the project. I'm always like who the hell is this?  Can't pinned it down to nothing but fake accounts and bots.
herodrx

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:54:48 PM

You just say there are more than 70% fake members. We all have to be cautious. Our warning will protect our resources. We must be aware of ourselves and it will have to be promoted more. People have to be aware of.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 06:21:47 PM

Most of this cases are due to Airdrop or Telegram bounty. Many cheaters created hundreds or even thousand fake accounts to joint ICO telegram group.
But currently many investors evaluate an ICO by their WP and Team members, and this doesn't affect too much.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
bond07

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:31:27 PM

yes you are right. we should aware about this type of group. i think we become scammed because of this. the wrong information is really harmful for us.
alanfox

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:49:13 PM

i think you are right but not fully. actually these type of groups are from airdrop and most of them are bounty hunter. so you can not blame them as an inactive member.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:52:09 PM

True and I am very disappointed about it. They usually create a group in telegram then just invite everyone dunno how they doing it but I always received a new group notification in my telegram and I usually just click the report and leave button at the top of said group.
Futbulistis

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:59:42 PM

I agree with you, and that is why I will try to analyze these members and if there is an active relationship between the developer and investors about the technical discussion about the ICO itself, and this can be considered a good thing, if it is not, then it is just another fake telegram user.
harrybell

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:55:11 PM

i think this type of group is used for promoting their ICO. they want attract the investors. we shouldn't choose ICO on basis of the group. we should be careful ,analyze the ICO personally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: