Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:36:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can altcoin topple Bitcoin?  (Read 752 times)
cryptowonga (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:02:03 AM

The value of altcoins are determined by the value of Bitcoin. Do you think one day altcoins can break free from the Bitcoin strong hold?
Luu An

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:11:02 AM

Almost people want it will come true, but it's very hard because bitcoin as gold, USD in finance market. it's too popular and not easy to replace.
ShakingCoin

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:56:53 AM

The possibilities are high among the people in the market. But when it comes to rational thinking, it does not seem possible.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:12:14 AM

Sorry some guys would dream this but I will surely assure you it’s never a dream but a nightmare, trust me buddy. Bitcoin price would never be lower than any of Alts for the fact that, no altcoin would be listed on any exchange which won’t be traded with the pair of BTC. Trading with BTC only is stating that BTC is a huge determinant and would always have effect on the price those Altcoin. In my opinion in short, thinking Altcoin price would overtake BTC is a nightmare. Thanks
gameofthronne

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:15:07 AM

The value of altcoins are determined by the value of Bitcoin. Do you think one day altcoins can break free from the Bitcoin strong hold?
It might possible but not for now and for the next 5 years i think, because bitcoin is still the most popular cryptocurrency and also has the biggest price too for a coin. If bitcoin still has a big price like right now, no altcoin can toople or replace bitcoin.
JamescrypTrader

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

It is hard but it can definitely happen if people give more priority to alt coins than bitcoin only then altcoin will take over bitcoin.
jimely0907

Activity: 199

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:14:22 PM

i hope so, but bitcoin is bitcoin, it is hard that altcoin can topple the bitcoin, as you can see the price of bitcoin is never be going down deeply, because bitcoin is the one cryptocurrency ever recorded that the price is too high, no one can topple bitcoin.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:15:02 PM

To my own take towards this, I'm much sure that is going to happen some day, for an altcoin or more to topple bitcoin is possible in a way that bitcoin is only leading cause it came first or most popular coin out, the thing is that human beings also grow old and that's why the young ones will also possibly do cause the old one will stop or slow in developing in long run and the young ones are still active. That is let keep watching the turn around is a sure thing in time coming.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
zelenkova

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:23:34 PM

I think it's fantastic. a few days ago was news that bitcoin is exactly half of all the money in the crypt world! bitcoin is dominated by the cutoffs of all the crypto tokens! I think that there will be competitors in the near future, which will have a good capitalization!
lllidan

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:31:06 PM

I think altcoins can't replace bitcoin. The price of altcoins now depends on bitcoin. Bitcoin is their father. If one altcoin replaces bitcoin, all altcoins will become worthless.
Dollar_Hunter

Activity: 1078
Merit: 21

COMBONetworkio

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:32:01 PM

It is hard but it can definitely happen if people give more priority to alt coins than bitcoin only then altcoin will take over bitcoin.
If I think that personally it seems like it won't happen,
because altcoin is dependent on bitcoin so if bitcoin goes up then the altcoin also goes up and vice versa too,
the most important thing is to follow the progress later so that it will be clear

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
bapangkiran

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:33:14 PM

It's very difficult if an altcoin can topple bitcoin as you say that altcoin prices are very influential with the price of bitcoin. Ini my opinion it would be a miracle if the altcoin could topple bitcoin, bitcoin is the first coin in the crypto world and is a characteristic in the crypto world.
lenini

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Bitcoin is the main indicator of the market, which shows how much the king is superior to the altcoyins. In order to make a worthy competition to the leader, the Altocines need to present so advanced technologies that their use for society would not cause any doubt.
Kagenobu Yoshioka

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

Of course, just because, why not? Bitcoin already cost less than a lot of altcoins and all this is very volatile so, we can expect anything.
godspree

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:55:35 PM

Ethereum will, probably, overtake Bitcoin as a future #1 cryptocurrency in 2019, its blockchain is a basis of many other crypto tokens and it is simply better than Bitcoin and provides much wider use cases.
baiwei

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:00:26 PM

I think it can happen but I think it is a very long process in order for an altcoin to not controlled by bitcoin and one of my prospect altcoin that can overtake bitcoin is ethereun because it is one that has greatest characteristics of altcoin besides from bitcoin.
abitgelluh

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:06:06 PM

don't you think where Altcoin came from? if there is no bitcoin then there will be no altcoin, bitcoin is king in crypto and there will be no altcoin that can beat the price of bitcoin, but if it only competes in popularity, of course it can be like this (eth)
vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 03:15:27 PM

Bitcoin is not perfect, so I think that sooner or later someone will replace it, but it will always be a legend. The subsequent coin will be created on the basis of bitcoin, which will take into account all the problems.

IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:10:08 PM

All coins and tokens are traded in pairs to Bitcoin and therefore they are very much dependent on him. I believe that the alcoins will be able to break away from the dependence of bitcoin when they trade in pairs with dollars, euros or other currencies. Also, look at 95 percent of projects, they do not have a working product, their coins / tokens can not be used, they are dummy. Whatever the price was stable or growing, you need use!
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:24:21 PM

All coins and tokens are traded in pairs to Bitcoin and therefore they are very much dependent on him. I believe that the alcoins will be able to break away from the dependence of bitcoin when they trade in pairs with dollars, euros or other currencies. Also, look at 95 percent of projects, they do not have a working product, their coins / tokens can not be used, they are dummy. Whatever the price was stable or growing, you need use!

Yeah you're right. In today's market situation the answer is NO. Because  standard exchanges use Bitcoin/Altcoin trading pairs. Altcoins' value is always affected by bitcoin's value. Now, change the pairing will possibly set altcoins independence to bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: