Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:03:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can altcoin topple Bitcoin?  (Read 752 times)
alexgreen8012

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:19:20 PM

Yes altcoins are tightly coupled with bitcoin and getting free from this will take a huge effort on part of altcoins. We see alts bleed badly whenever bitcoin rises or dumps. Still time will tell if this happens.
helern

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:29:45 PM

Sorry some guys would dream this but I will surely assure you it’s never a dream but a nightmare, trust me buddy. Bitcoin price would never be lower than any of Alts for the fact that, no altcoin would be listed on any exchange which won’t be traded with the pair of BTC. Trading with BTC only is stating that BTC is a huge determinant and would always have effect on the price those Altcoin. In my opinion in short, thinking Altcoin price would overtake BTC is a nightmare. Thanks
You are right mate because it wouldn't even happen that's the value of Altcoin topple the Bitcoin, and also Bitcoin will continue to be number of crypto product which is right.
muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:30:34 PM

The value of altcoins are determined by the value of Bitcoin. Do you think one day altcoins can break free from the Bitcoin strong hold?
In the short term they can, but for the long term you are safer to store your wealth/money in Bitcoin. Most of the shit coins out there will go to zero for the long term.
Tayata2005

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:32:14 PM

I don't see this happening in a long time to come bitvoin has always being a gateway for altcoins and so shall it remains to further time to come
Chapics

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:32:21 PM

I think that altcoins will not be able to affect bitcoin, and bitcoin will remain a leader in the cryptocurrency market.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:35:53 PM

The value of altcoins are determined by the value of Bitcoin. Do you think one day altcoins can break free from the Bitcoin strong hold?

It is not always the truth. There are many cases when bitcoin was raising and alts been raising way more, like yesterday. Cases, when bitcoin was dropping and alts been raising. However, in the most cases, you should consider a market as an organic thing, where most instruments depend on each other, have common trends and behaviour. However, the volumes usually decide the volatility and how natural it really is.
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:37:35 PM

This is very unlikely or it takes a long time. Bitcoin is still the king in the crypto market with strong beliefs and community. Currently, the value of Bitcoin and altcoins is still based on the need for exchange and belief in value but not actually applied to life. However, I believe that bitcoin grows stronger then the altcoins will be the same.
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:39:57 PM

For my part, no altcoin is going to topple Bitcoin as the primary cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin has a massive first-movers advantage over other cryptocurrencies. Even within the height of the quit-of-yr 2018 frenzy whilst Bitcoin transaction fees have been ridiculously high, no crypto got here near taking its spot.

Now that Bitcoin has Segregated Witness (SegWit) and the primary times of the Lightning community incorporated, the ones scaling troubles have to be a thing of the beyond.

From a security viewpoint, Bitcoin has validated that it could face up to attacks and live to tell the tale within the face of adversity. No other cryptocurrency has long past through that robust of testing yet. It’s very viable that other cryptos are as comfy, they simply haven’t proved it yet.

If I needed to pick out one altcoin that could topple Bitcoin, even though, it would be Ethereum. smart contracts are an innovative piece of an era that’s beginning to revolutionize almost every enterprise from facts storage to the art international. despite the fact that Bitcoin will continue to be on the pinnacle, I believe that Ethereum will stay very near in the back of.
ambeo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:42:20 PM

for me it seems like bitcoin is the one who directs them all. but maybe if there are some changes within the crypto strategies it might be so. i guess Wink

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:07:46 PM

This is very unlikely or it takes a long time. Bitcoin is still the king in the crypto market with strong beliefs and community. Currently, the value of Bitcoin and altcoins is still based on the need for exchange and belief in value but not actually applied to life. However, I believe that bitcoin grows stronger then the altcoins will be the same.

The value of altcoins are totally dependable upon Bitcoin, as the price of BTC goes down, so as the altcoins value. Bitcoin will be on the top for few more years at least, even if people start to realize the value of few altcoins, it won't be so soon, within 1 or 2 years for sure. Bitcoin is used as a primary coin to trade other coins, so technically we cannot expect any other altcoin surpassing the value.
RockFlash

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:07:52 AM

We all know bitcoin is a great coin and peoples are comparing it with gold. That’s why it’s not possible to other coins to replace bitcoin.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:19:35 AM

I think that someday it will happen. Bitcoin gradually loses its high level of capitalization. If at first he had 94 percent of capitalization, then until recently he dropped to 32 percent. Only in recent weeks it has grown to 50 percent, however, I think this is not for long. Judging by the fact that while there are not much improvements in it, the level of capitalization bitcoin will lose.
aehsj

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:30:55 AM

I think altcoin can't overthrow Bitcoin, just like Ethereum can never overturn bitcoin. Although bitcoin technology is really old, there is no such cryptocurrency world without bitcoin. Bitcoin's status cannot be replaced.
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:45:59 AM

With the current condition and the previous history from the past years, it has been always btc that leads the crypto market wherein if btc will have a bear market, altcoins will also go down. Once btc market will experience bullish market, altcoins will also later increase. This is just how crytpo currency works where btc usually dictates the tempo of the market trend. My thoughts.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
lambomkini

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:50:52 AM

Yes, I think there will be that day, maybe the price of Altcoin will exceed BTC, but the premise of all this is based on the stability of BTC. When BTC really becomes the world's recognized digital gold, its price will be stable, its role is to measure value, and only then will Altcoin have hope. But the value of BTC can't be surpassed.
learningcrypto5421

Activity: 306

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

That's kind of hard. The price of altcoins are always dependant upon the price of Bitcoin. I don't think that altcoin will be able to break the cycle.
Yagami nunnery

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

KONIOS.com

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:57:22 AM

I think it is very difficult to go beyond Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the pioneer of this industry. Its influence is irreplaceable. Although there are many cryptocurrency technologies more advanced than it, it is still King of cryptocurrency.

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  July 1st   ●
hsjrjkf

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:02:40 PM

I don't think altcoin can overthrow bitcoin. Now it can't overturn Bitcoin. It can't overturn Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the boss of all cryptocurrencies. The status is very stable and the most valuable one. I think Bitcoin is very With development prospects, it will promote the progress of the times
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:03:16 PM

I really hope Altcoin is able to free itself from the influence of Bitcoin, we all know that Bitcoin continues to make altcoin a tail, where Bitcoin runs then Altcoin will also follow where Bitcoin goes, everyone hopes Altcoin can become more independent, free and not affected by Bitcoin .
painkiller321

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:55:22 PM

Even though we want it to be true, deep down we know this will not be true. The altcoins are sadly there as an alternative for BTC and the moment BTC rises, these coins will be dumped.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: