Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:57:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IDEX unsafe?  (Read 19652 times)
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:25:31 PM

I don't understand...how can a decentralized exchange can be hacked? It's all based on blockchain..correct?
Can someone tell me more?

3 ways.
1. man in the middle attack: someone creates a phishing clone website, people get in, keys get stolen the moment they are entered
2. bugs that allow key sniffing
3. website getting hacked, key sniffing

just to understand...in this kind of exchange, the private keys, are preserved in the blockchain itself?
pearcy jackson

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

I'm also afraid when I have to enter the private key when I open the Idex site. to anticipate if my private key is stolen, I always use a different wallet address to store assets without ever entering the private key to any site. so I made a wallet address specifically for trading on idex, fd, ed, and other decentralized trading sites.
otunyot

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

I have used idex for many months and my account has never been compromised. I used all the options available to trade with including entering my private key and there hasn't been any loss whatsoever!

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 492

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:42:13 PM

did you hit the right website? there are many links that almost the same of the real one.
i have been into idex and my tokens there are still safe.
i am not keeping much tokens there but still never got hacked.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

bavian

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:42:59 PM

I don't like IDEX because this is dump market for new altcoin. But why him do not use metamask when login on IDEX ? Private key is not recommended way using Ethereum wallet.
juljon18

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:45:00 PM

I have used the IDEX almost exclusively for the one coin I trade.  I have never personally had this issue and have had nothing but successful trading with IDEX.  The support staff is also always available at Telegram. 
khoapham89
Copper Member

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:48:11 PM

As you said, IDEX is a decentralized platform. I think it's like Forkether or Etherdelta. This is not safe. Be careful when trading on these market.

9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:48:31 PM

Idex is like etherdelta and forkdelta we need to enter our private keys . That's it is very risky way to trade our tokens. Next time be careful to inter the exchange site and always go to the cmc to find a exchange to enter the right portal of exchange not a pishing site.
Thaoni21

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:49:07 PM

I do not think so . Currently my assets on the idex are still safe. I still frequently trade my cards on idex. I think the problem is somewhere on your computer, you may have installed malicious programs on your computer and exposing your account information on idex.
nytstalker

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:51:14 PM

Idex is safe but be sure you enter the right portal not a fake portal in exchange. Idex is very risky to use because of the use of private keys were our tokens is stack.
KS03

Activity: 330
Merit: 101

Hi I'm KS03

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:52:59 PM

I have not had this issues either using the IDEX or Fork Delta.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen however I believe someone most likely got to his private keys somehow.  I would recommend to take this issue to their staff.  They will shut the IDEX down if there is a major hacking issue. 

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER[/color]  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════[/table]
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:54:17 PM

Do you search the IDEX exchange directly on Google?
Both the first and second places for Google search solutions are phishing links, though both eventually point to the real IDEX exchange.

He might have been click the 1st and second, that is why he got hacked. My friend was recently at your own shoes but when I asked him what did he do- he answered I search it from google and I laughed at him saying it was a phishing site he had clicked. Be careful out there when searching- always triple check or more than that when clicking sites you want to go with. This is money we are talking and we can't lose our wits about it.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:56:42 PM

Maybe IDEX is not as decentralized as they promise? Something like Bancor? Due to their centralization hacker stole a lot of coins from Bancor?
But who knows, I think that phishing attack is the most possible.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
takose46

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:57:23 PM

No one exchanges is safe, they can be hacked at any time. The hacked person is use private key, hacker can stole it and send his token. Using metamask or ledger, trezor to protect your money.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE   ]      ▬▬▬▬    BITVALVE
                                   ❱ BUY BITCOIN       ❱ BUY ETHEREUM                     BUY LITECOIN
                                             ❱ BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL      ❱ BUY ETHEREUM WITH PAYPAL              [   ◾◾◾ JOIN BITVALVE   ◾   WHITEPAPER   ]
JackdunR

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:01:40 PM

This is a decentralized platform. So no one stands out responsible for the loss on this epidemic. So choose the reputable places to trade
Vandemos

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:02:24 PM

Maybe IDEX is not as decentralized as they promise? Something like Bancor? Due to their centralization hacker stole a lot of coins from Bancor?
But who knows, I think that phishing attack is the most possible.
for idex itself it is quite easy to use,
but Idex does not use 100% decentralization, maybe 50%
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

Actually I'm surprised that there are so many hack cases on IDEX. I didn't have any problems with decentralized exchanges, and I use them often. Maybe these people became a victims of phishing?
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:04:58 PM

In reality no exchange is really 100% safe.  It's why I always recommend to keep the majority of your coins stored in your own hardware or cold wallet.  Even the biggest exchanges are prone to being hacked, no system is 100% safe.  If you are using an exchange only transfer a portion of your coins each time to protect yourself.
raging-creeper

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:06:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up.   I was actually trading PCL last night on the IDEX and all my funds moved safely through the system.  I'm monitoring the Telegram channel but not much talk on it over there. 

Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:20:48 PM

I've just read this comment on another website:

my idex account was "hacked" even though my pkeys were offline and i never got hacked till 2015 until i used this idex scam , it was only 600$ that i wanted to buy some dips, got too naive trusting this shitty exchange and trading there
i deserved it . i am 100% sure i didnt get phished hacked or anything , because i am an infosec student and i had all the precaution (only precaution i didnt take was taking off exchange the tokens, bad mistake) however it is idex fault it is a scam, u can or not believe but i think they are involved, 300,000 $ of total scams on this address all coming from idex funds, first rule of crypto, never keep funds on exchange, moreover if is a shitty exchange, beware biz, IDEX IS A SCAM, a pajeet got scammed for 16k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PSDN_1HWk [Embed] lots of ppl got "hacked" , is not an hack idex is involved in this shit for sure, 1.5m cap exchange fuck off , i totally deserve it because i am smarter than this, but man, this shit exchange is involved inthis shit for sure, NEVER GOT HACKED IN 4 YEARS , 2 weeks of idex, hack, strange? 300,000 $ linked to the scammer, all coming from idex.. strange?? IDEX SCAM
0x5e578a71736308594b98e980e32b5554b2bb4150

[...]

DO NOT USE IDEX there is a bug that records the private key entry allowing sniffing through sslstrip while loading happens , plus the private key it can be retrieved through cookies forensics as well

Anyone got any news?
Idex telegram is unoperative.
I have a separate wallet for which I will issue tokens if I want to sell on the delta and whether this is on IDEX

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: