Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QB]QuarkBar - 7GHS - Giveaway - Now on exchange  (Read 72947 times)
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:45:21 PM

Pretty quite here. Hopefully we can turn this coin around.

We're working on it Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:02:15 AM

thats good. Once cryptorush is up again and we have a source code for this coin it should be back up again.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:19:18 AM

thats good. Once cryptorush is up again and we have a source code for this coin it should be back up again.
As if anyone will use cryptorush again, would you deposit your btc there? It's like Hitler saying 'please re-elect me, I promise I'l be good this time'. haha
tom14cat14

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:26:04 AM

I have been volunteering for support over there so I probably would. The previous owners had some major issues with the site and that is what is being fixed right now. Of course they could still pull one over one me and all the other people that have volunteered to help. People will always take risks if they can make money off of it. 
derrend

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 05:48:25 AM

Fair enough but think of all the customers whos btc are locked away in there right now while all these price fluctuations have been happening and all the people who had to lose 10-30% of their capital because they had to buy overpriced altcoins to get their funds out, not to mention they were using customer funds to pump coins on their site to ultimately (again) rip off their customers. It's so bizzare to me that people want to 'save shamed exchanges' rather than just starting from scratch elsewhere with a clean slate, talk about making life hard for yourself and you do this in the knowledge that these rip off merchants could just rip you off too? Is this not the very definition of insanity?
The mind boggles to think that there are people out there willing to actually 'volunteer' <-- (at the expense of their own time, effort and resources) to help them  Shocked
Simply astounding.

If those poor executives at enron published a btc address I'm sure they'd find some people willing to donate too no doubt.

Any way that's my rant over, back to quarkbar Smiley
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:30:43 AM

Fair enough but think of all the customers whos btc are locked away in there right now while all these price fluctuations have been happening and all the people who had to lose 10-30% of their capital because they had to buy overpriced altcoins to get their funds out, not to mention they were using customer funds to pump coins on their site to ultimately (again) rip off their customers. It's so bizzare to me that people want to 'save shamed exchanges' rather than just starting from scratch elsewhere with a clean slate, talk about making life hard for yourself and you do this in the knowledge that these rip off merchants could just rip you off too? Is this not the very definition of insanity?
The mind boggles to think that there are people out there willing to actually 'volunteer' <-- (at the expense of their own time, effort and resources) to help them  Shocked
Simply astounding.

If those poor executives at enron published a btc address I'm sure they'd find some people willing to donate too no doubt.

Any way that's my rant over, back to quarkbar Smiley

It would be nice to have exchanges that invest more in security. If you look at most of their volumes and their low fees, I think their income is simply too low, to secure such large amounts of money.

tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:48:16 AM

Guys! Please stop dumping the coin.

I really love this coin, please stop dumping it.

wait... is there a place where you can dump this? where? please tell me!
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:54:36 AM

Guys! Please stop dumping the coin.

I really love this coin, please stop dumping it.

wait... is there a place where you can dump this? where? please tell me!

Allcoin Wink

honghaisea

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:18:33 AM

The prices falled very serious  Huh Huh
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:38:20 AM

The prices falled very serious  Huh Huh

The dev left, but we're working on a community take over to keep the code alive.

lucklyboy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:23:05 AM

I lost 60000+ QB at cryptorush Angry
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:30:47 AM

I've lost a lot of coins there as well. Sad

honghaisea

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:17:53 AM

why ?   Closed down?
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:24:42 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 08:15:04 AM by Jonesd

why ?   Closed down?

Cryptorush was an important exchange, but the owners closed it down and took all the coins.

This is an old thread! The new one can be found here

honghaisea

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:32:32 AM

why ?   Closed down?

Cryptorush was an important exchange, but the owners closed it down and took all the coins.
o my god  !  i don't know it before,  i am lucky
derrend

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 12:40:05 PM

Jonesd, is your dev going to try and implement dark gravity like switchboard was and is your dev Obfuscode? And if so did he get the source code I sent him? Just pondering Smiley
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:52:00 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 08:14:51 AM by Jonesd

Jonesd, is your dev going to try and implement dark gravity like switchboard was and is your dev Obfuscode? And if so did he get the source code I sent him? Just pondering Smiley

Hey,

They're looking into it, indeed, but it was unclear which source was the correct one. I will PM them with you in the reply. I think yours was before the fork.

Edit: I checked it and the source you gave was from before a fork that happened, so they could not use it. Via a running pool, I was able to get access to the correct source and they're looking into it now.

The DGW was in the enhanced version of Switchboard, but it did not work because there was a mistake in block height I believe.

For now, first priority is to get the original source up and running. Smiley

This is an old thread! The new one can be found here

tom14cat14

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

why ?   Closed down?

Actually there is a lot of misinformation out there. The previous owners did not have good security set up. They were hacked for a significant amount of coins. Then there was a few coins that hard forked with no warning and created a bug for people to withdraw more coins then they actually had. All of this added up to around 1200BTC worth of coins lost. Then the owners said were talking to someone to take over and buy a portion of the exchange. They made the mistake of giving him access to the CRS account which he ended up taking it saying he was going to use arbitrage to make a profit t return to customers. He never came back and there was not formal contract signed so a lot of people think he is the owner but never was and he was but this is where people thing the owner took the money and ran. Now for the actual new team that has taken over. There are actual professionals that know what they are doing the former owners where in over their head. They tried to have the site run normally so people could get out via an ALT coin even though it would be for a premium. This premium was not the exchange hiking prices it was other users. Then there was a back door found servers and more coins where being taken. This is where the new team finally said enough is enough. There where too many flaws in the old system. So they are building it from scratch on new servers. This is basically a new company being created but they have to go though 35k users and all the balances to figure out if you should have what you have. The sad part is all of the wallets that were insolvent will be frozen and it may take a long time to get those funds back. The new team is made up of people that that where users there and said there are 2 options the old owners go bankrupt and everyone gets nothing. Or the new operation team takes over and tries to make the exchange work properly and eventually pay everyone back. Neither are idle but the second what is a better option. This is why I have been volunteering along with many other members. We wants to helps others get there coins back and we want ours back too.
lucklyboy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:01:24 AM

why ?   Closed down?

Actually there is a lot of misinformation out there. The previous owners did not have good security set up. They were hacked for a significant amount of coins. Then there was a few coins that hard forked with no warning and created a bug for people to withdraw more coins then they actually had. All of this added up to around 1200BTC worth of coins lost. Then the owners said were talking to someone to take over and buy a portion of the exchange. They made the mistake of giving him access to the CRS account which he ended up taking it saying he was going to use arbitrage to make a profit t return to customers. He never came back and there was not formal contract signed so a lot of people think he is the owner but never was and he was but this is where people thing the owner took the money and ran. Now for the actual new team that has taken over. There are actual professionals that know what they are doing the former owners where in over their head. They tried to have the site run normally so people could get out via an ALT coin even though it would be for a premium. This premium was not the exchange hiking prices it was other users. Then there was a back door found servers and more coins where being taken. This is where the new team finally said enough is enough. There where too many flaws in the old system. So they are building it from scratch on new servers. This is basically a new company being created but they have to go though 35k users and all the balances to figure out if you should have what you have. The sad part is all of the wallets that were insolvent will be frozen and it may take a long time to get those funds back. The new team is made up of people that that where users there and said there are 2 options the old owners go bankrupt and everyone gets nothing. Or the new operation team takes over and tries to make the exchange work properly and eventually pay everyone back. Neither are idle but the second what is a better option. This is why I have been volunteering along with many other members. We wants to helps others get there coins back and we want ours back too.
Thank you for your efforts
derrend

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 03:50:10 AM

why ?   Closed down?
Actually ... too.
Thank you for your efforts
Oh, so they sold their customers altcoins for the good of the customers, they committed fraud against us and lied multiple times as a kindness, inviting people to buy cryptoshares in an insolvent exchange with the promise of paying dividends and then going offline is commendable behaviour and all this time I thought it was about the money  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: